Similar questions from the community
I already have a non-apple router. Is there anyway to use an airport express for AirPlay without replacing my router with an AirPort Extreme?
I can't replace my router with an airport express as my modem is not near the speakers.
I already have a Net gear Wireless Router. Can I add the Airport Express to my network without plugging it directly into my current router?
I'm not very tech smart on wireless networking so just a simple answer will do :-)
Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router
Is it possible to have the airport express connect to a non apple router wirelessly?
Then is it possible to have it extend that range wirelessly to apple devices?
Then is it possible to connect my PC up to the airport express as well via ethernet?
So if it can connect to non apple router wirelessly, is possible to share that internet via ethernet as well as wirelessly?
- Asked by Alex T
- Jan 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router)
Can I use the Airport Express Base Station to replace my existing Netgear router and still maintain the same network?
My cable company setup the network in my house with their equipment: a modem and a Netgear router. The router does not provide adequate signal strength even for a desktop PC situated a few feet in the same room. As a test, I plugged in my Airport Extreme Base Station to one of the free ports on the back of the Netgear router and the PC, as well as other wireless devices nearby, received a stronger signal. I want to replace the Netgear router with the Express without creating a new network. Is this possible?
- Asked by Anthony G from Edison
- Sep 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Airport Express Base Station to replace my existing Netgear router and still maintain the same network?)
Can i use my Airport Express to extend my wireless network with another brand router?
I bought an Airport Express to extend the wifi signal at home, but I have a Dynex router. Is it going to work without cable? ANd if I buy the Airport Extreme base, may i reply the signal without a cable?
- Asked by Sabrina I from Sao Paulo
- Nov 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use my Airport Express to extend my wireless network with another brand router?)
can I use the airport express as a wireless adaptor to connect a PC with a cord to receive the signal from my router at home?
My pc dont have a wireless adapter, in stead of using a normal wireless adaper, I wanna try with airport express to make use the airplay fonction with my apple tv. is that possible?
- Asked by Shibo X from Montreal
- Aug 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use the airport express as a wireless adaptor to connect a PC with a cord to receive the signal from my router at home?)
can i use airport express to extend NONE airport routers?
- Asked by Thomas H from Peoria
- Jun 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use airport express to extend NONE airport routers?)
AirPort as an extender for cisco router but with different encryption
I am trying to get my apple tv 3 to work with my universities wpa2 enterprise authentication with no success. I am thinking of getting an airport express, plugging it into the ethernet outlet that the cisco wireless currently uses, to retransmit wifi in a lower encryption and thus works with the apple tv. If I plug the airport express into the ethernet outlet will it be able to retransmit the wifi with a lower encryption or will it just retransmit in the wpa2 enterprise again.
- Asked by Christopher H from Gapsted
- Mar 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (AirPort as an extender for cisco router but with different encryption)
do i need this if i already have a wireless router?
like the phone line comes out and goes to a router which gives me wireless will i need this for airplay and such or will airplay work with my router i have already
- Asked by Jonathon B from Concord
- Aug 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need this if i already have a wireless router?)
Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?
I have a Verizon-supplied Actiontec router, which is in one room in the house. I'd like to put the Airport Express int the living room, connect it to the stereo for Airplay AND extend the Wireless Network of the ActionTec router, is this possible?
- Asked by Yonah W from White Plains
- Sep 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?)
will airport express improve the strength and range of my verizon router?
My wi-fi signal often drops out -- overpowered by a neighbor's signal.
If I buy and connect an airport express will this solve the strength and range problem I"m experiencing?
If yes, how hard is it to connect and operationalize?
- Asked by Kay H from Rockville
- Jul 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will airport express improve the strength and range of my verizon router?)
Does the Airport express base station work as a internet router?
- Asked by Michael E from Nixa
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport express base station work as a internet router?)
Will the airport express work with dsl wireless router
- Asked by Edwin S from South Hadley
- Aug 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the airport express work with dsl wireless router)
Is an airport express a router or just a wireless access point?
- Asked by Michael P from Norwalk
- Dec 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is an airport express a router or just a wireless access point?)
Streaming audio from iTunes on iMac. Apple TV or Airport express? confused...
So 3 audio systems with traditional amplifier/speakers.
Want to selectively route iTunes audio (using PureMusic if possible) to these systems but they are a good distance from the computer. Looked at Apple TV but only has optical audio out which doesn't work with my amps. Also I read about Airport Express but this seems to want to be a router and setup and network and I already have a router etc... can airport express just sit on the network and give me regular audio out to the amplifiers and if so, is it high quality audio (noticed only has a 3.5mm jack).
Is there a higher end solution to this? Read about Sonos a little etc...
- Asked by Simon C from Raleigh
- May 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Streaming audio from iTunes on iMac. Apple TV or Airport express? confused...)
- Asked about: Mac
Can I use this airport to extend the range of a third party wifi network (non apple)?
I have a Thomson Tg585 v8 modem/router. Although at one end of the house the signal is weak. Could I place the airport at the weak end of the house to extend the range?
- Asked by Liam R
- Oct 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this airport to extend the range of a third party wifi network (non apple)?)
2 new airport express, 1 avr, 1 stereo receiver
Can i make this configuration?
1. First Airport express connected to my dlink router via wan port.
2. Second airport express extending the First Express wifi network without ethernet cable.
3. Connect at the second airport express my denon receiver through it´s LAN port so i can manage my receiver with it´s own app.
4. Connect the first airport express with a stereo cable to a stereo receiver to airplay.
- Asked by Francisco M from Norden
- Sep 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (2 new airport express, 1 avr, 1 stereo receiver)
No answers yet
Can I AirPlay to multiple AirPort Epress/apple TV/AirPlay devices simultaneously from my iPad only - or do I need a computer running with iTunes?
I want to be able to play music via my iPad or iPhone to an AirPort Express, an Apple TV and a Bose Soundlink Air simultaneously (without the need to have a computer running) - is this possible?