Similar questions from the community
If I plugged an external hard drive into this, would I be able to access media on it via Apple TV and do time machine backups from my Mac?
can i connect an external drive to the airport express for backup?
I want to do wireless backup to a disk, so i connected it to the airport express. The time machine sees it, but does not allow me to backup
- Asked by Ariel A from San Juan
- Oct 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect an external drive to the airport express for backup?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
External storage via ethernet?
If I can't use the USB port to access external storage wirelessly, would I be able to hook up a network-enabled external drive via one of the ethernet ports, and have the other port lead to my modem? I don't want to get an Airport Extreme as that lacks the optical audio output that I want to use for a home audio system
- Asked by Devon S from Richmond
- Nov 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (External storage via ethernet?)
No answers yet
can airport express run a hard drive?
Can I plug a hard drive into the Airport Express's USB port and access it wirelessly?
- Asked by Andy H from Kutztown
- Oct 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can airport express run a hard drive?)
Are discounts available for Veterans?
need Airport Extreme for USB to USB connection from Extreme to external Hard drive.
- Asked by C. Elliott A from Mcminnville
- Aug 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Are discounts available for Veterans?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet
I want to stream music to different areas of my house, simultaneously from 1 apple device. (macbook or iphone)
I have been able to stream music from itunes and spotify through a hifi connected to my TV through apple TV.
I've also been able to send sound to 2 outputs from my mac. The 3.5mm output on it and apple TV however the sound is out of sync by half a second or so.
If I bought an apple airport express, could I use this and apple TV to play music (from spotify OR itunes) at the same time and remain in sync?
Or is there a way to correct the output time lapse between my mac's 3.5mm out and apple tv?
Use AirPort Express (dual band) as base station with older Time Capsule (single band) as range extender?
Can I use a new AirPort Express (dual band) as my primary base station in place of my older Time Capsule (single band), then use the Time Capsule to extend the range of the Airport Express? Would this give me use of both bands from the Express for my other devices? Would wireless Time Machine backups to the Time Capsule still function with this setup (via the Express)? Are there any other implications?
- Asked by Michael S from Brooklyn
- Nov 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Use AirPort Express (dual band) as base station with older Time Capsule (single band) as range extender?)
Does the AirPort Express Base Station support "Wake on Demand" (Bonjour Sleep Proxy)?
Providing the wireless network is hosted by airport express, will I be able to wake my imac (2013) to access itunes library from my apple tv?
- Asked by Joachim F
- Apr 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort Express Base Station support "Wake on Demand" (Bonjour Sleep Proxy)?)
Can I AirPlay to multiple AirPort Epress/apple TV/AirPlay devices simultaneously from my iPad only - or do I need a computer running with iTunes?
I want to be able to play music via my iPad or iPhone to an AirPort Express, an Apple TV and a Bose Soundlink Air simultaneously (without the need to have a computer running) - is this possible?
Can this be used to speed up an Apple TV connection?
My landlord's wireless router is only 802.11b, whilst this is okay for their internet access (which is only 4Mbps) it means that when I am trying to use home sharing on Apple TV the connection is really bad. Can I attach this by ethernet cable to the existing router and stream from iTunes on my MacBook Air to Apple TV at a much faster rate or will the wireless network it creates be restricted by the internet download speed?
- Asked by David G
- Dec 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to speed up an Apple TV connection?)
can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?
I'm using airplay to play a video to a projector but the audio is located elsewhere, so is it possible to send the video to the projector via apple tv and then the audio to an airport express to come out some PA speakers?
- Asked by Matthew T
- Feb 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?)
I have 2 smart TV's, 2 laptops, an I Mac and 5 smart phones.. would the Airport Express be able to support all theses products
all products would be within a 20 foot radius of where the Airport express will be placed
- Asked by Anthony F from Bellerose
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I have 2 smart TV's, 2 laptops, an I Mac and 5 smart phones.. would the Airport Express be able to support all theses products)
I want wi-fi access for my 2010 2.8Ghz mac pro. Should I buy Airport Extreme base station?
I do not have the following:
1) An AirPort card fitted - really expensive call-out charge and part
2) Would rather not run a cable throughout house to the router downstairs, as it is rented accomodation.
Will the Airport Extreme base station, pick up the wi-fi from downstairs?
Or do i definately need an ethernet cable draped all over the house to the Virgin Media router for a cheaper option?
(Have tried using a usb ralink but it has stopped working and want something more substantial)
What's the best option?
Thanks for any advice! It's such a headache knowing what to do!
Is there a way to access both optical and analog audio outputs simultaneously?
analog for external speaker amplifier and toslink for av system
- Asked by Ed T from Locust Grove
- Jun 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to access both optical and analog audio outputs simultaneously?)
AirPort as an extender for cisco router but with different encryption
I am trying to get my apple tv 3 to work with my universities wpa2 enterprise authentication with no success. I am thinking of getting an airport express, plugging it into the ethernet outlet that the cisco wireless currently uses, to retransmit wifi in a lower encryption and thus works with the apple tv. If I plug the airport express into the ethernet outlet will it be able to retransmit the wifi with a lower encryption or will it just retransmit in the wpa2 enterprise again.
- Asked by Christopher H from Gapsted
- Mar 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (AirPort as an extender for cisco router but with different encryption)
"Go the wired route if you want" - from AE's features description. Isn't it NECESSARY?
I am confused by this part of the Airport Express features description from the Compatibility and Security section: "Go the wired route if you want."
I've a cable modem, a Mac mini, an iPad and an iPhone. Presently, my modem is plugged into the mini which gives me online access for that device alone. I was going to order Airport Express which I understand will give me online access to all Apple devices, including the Mini (2007) through my own wi-fi network.
As part of such a setup, isn't it necessary to unplug my modem from the mini and plug the modem into Airport Express??
- Asked by Chrystal O from Duncan
- Oct 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate ("Go the wired route if you want" - from AE's features description. Isn't it NECESSARY?)