Similar questions from the community
Can my Xbox connect to the airport express
- Asked by Stephen B from Bakersfield
- Aug 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can my Xbox connect to the airport express)
No answers yet
How many Xbox 360's can I connect to my airport express?
I recently purchased another 360 and cannot get it to work with my airport express unless I plug into it directly. My first 360 connects with no issue wirelessly. My ISP told me that my express may not be able to handle more than one 360 with the wifi. Is this just them pushing responsibility on to Apple or is there something I'm missing? If I cannot connect more than one wirelessly, then will a time capsule or extreme do the trick?
Thank you everyone for your assistance.
- Asked by Jeffery K from Roy
- Feb 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How many Xbox 360's can I connect to my airport express?)
using Xbox 360 and iMac
is this the proper device for the following network:
>one Mac (late-model 27" iMac) in the room with the AirPort Express
>one Xbox 360 in a different room
>connection to cable internet via a standard router (furnished by cable provider, working as a wired setup for the iMac now )
and a follow-up question:
Is there any chance this wireless net will interfere with any wireless connections in the house, such as the Mac keyboard or mouse, the Xbox controller or a wireless home phone? I assume the frequencies are very different.
- Asked by Wayne S from Sun City
- Feb 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (using Xbox 360 and iMac)
Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?
I currently have an airport extreme, which is very good at getting range throughout my very long unit (about 30 meters.)
I have my TV, XBOX, PC down one end.. and my iMac is down the other end. I had the Extreme set up in the middle of the house. So it turns out, my xbox360 along with the NBA App wont give me HD unless its plugged in, even if the wireless Extreme unit is sitting 5 inches away from the XBOX360 (I tested this). Highlights work fine, but actual games - na.
So I though I would move the extreme in the room with the XBOX 360 etc in it..
Anyway, surprisingly, down the other end of the house, the iMac works on the internet fine! The iPhone 5 also works well.(checked with speediest and can confirm that the iphone lost less than 10% at the end of the house! impressive :-) ) BUT when I look at the iMac network connection, it says the transmit signal is only 27 down from around 217. The internet is fine, but youtube has taken a hit.
My dilemma then, is that I need the printer connected to a wireless device so everything including our laptops can print. I also would not mind extending the range back out for the iMac.
So I am considering the Express to put in the middle of the house.
1) If I have my modem plugged into the extreme, I assume I can use the express as an extender?
2) Can I plug the printer into the Extender, or in this case, the little express which will be used as an extender?
I sort of dont want the printer near the TV due to room issues, and would like to bring back the super quickness of the internet to the iMac.. Im not so fussed about the internet for the iMac, as its only YouTube which has taken a hit, everything else works great, which is amazing at such a long range. (almost 100 feet)
- Asked by Dennis K from Mosman
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?)
While using an Express Base station in BRIDGE mode, are both ethernet jacks on the express active and free to use with wired devices?
If a new Airport Express is bridging a network connection provided by an Airport Extreme, will it allow two devices to be wired to the express and "bridged" to the primary network? I would like to relocate a mac pro and xbox 360 on the other side of my house and would like to hook these two devices up to the network. Otherwise an airport express and a switch would work, so I have read, but I would like to keep it as simple as possible.
- Asked by Eric P from Clifton Park
- Sep 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (While using an Express Base station in BRIDGE mode, are both ethernet jacks on the express active and free to use with wired devices?)
airport express connection to stereo
- Asked by Derrick S from Portland
- Oct 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (airport express connection to stereo)
No answers yet
can airport express connect to televsion with ethernet
My Samsung tv has an ethernet port, can I connect the tv to the new airport express?
- Asked by William K from Poland
- Jan 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can airport express connect to televsion with ethernet)
What is the number of connections the airport express can handle?
- Asked by Tyler W from Wausau
- Feb 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the number of connections the airport express can handle?)
can I connect the airport express to any cable modem ?
pls answer I need to know
- Asked by Jayden D from Waipahu
- Jul 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect the airport express to any cable modem ?)
Setup 2010 airport express - how to
I have a new modem router combination and now find that my 2010 Airport express does not connect ....how to I set it up again?
- Asked by Hugh M from Bardon
- Dec 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Setup 2010 airport express - how to)
No answers yet
What size is the audio connector on airport express
What cable do I need to connect to airport express audio out to the RCA phono connection on HiFi input. can you tell me the size of the audio out connection.
- Asked by Gregory S
- Dec 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What size is the audio connector on airport express)
Does airport express have digital input?
Does the airport express have a digital input as well as analogue input? I want to connect to my digital surround sound system with optical cable, is this possible with airport express or will i need to buy apple tv unit? Cheers guys
- Asked by James D
- Jun 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does airport express have digital input?)
is the $99 Airport Express base station good for gaming? XBox,Ps3?
- Asked by James M from Elsmere
- Sep 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is the $99 Airport Express base station good for gaming? XBox,Ps3?)
Is the airport express compatible with mavericks os?
Trying to figure out if I can hook this up and connect this so we can share an Epson 1400 printer.
- Asked by Carol C from Rowley
- Apr 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the airport express compatible with mavericks os?)
can the airport express be located in a greenhouse (humid)?
My wireless signal does not reach the greenhouse, but I have a LAN connection in the greenhouse. I would like to place a Airport Express in this building to have wireless. Can the unit take the humid conditions?
- Asked by Dan D from Sudbury
- Mar 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can the airport express be located in a greenhouse (humid)?)
can i connect an external drive to the airport express for backup?
I want to do wireless backup to a disk, so i connected it to the airport express. The time machine sees it, but does not allow me to backup
- Asked by Ariel A from San Juan
- Oct 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect an external drive to the airport express for backup?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Can the new AirPort express share / extend a WiFi connection ?
The new AirPort Express has a WAN connection to share ethernet, can it also share / extend a Wireless network, for instance to be used as a portable router whilst travelling ?
- Asked by Simon B from Burton On Trent
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the new AirPort express share / extend a WiFi connection ?)
Will AirPort Express improve my phone's FaceTime connection?
My cell phone connectivity switches to my neighbor's while I'm trying to FaceTime which causes the FaceTime to freeze or drop. Will the Airport Express help my phone connect to my modem/router downstairs more effectively?
- Asked by Nancy S from Sagamore Hills
- Jan 7, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will AirPort Express improve my phone's FaceTime connection?)