Similar questions from the community
is this a wireless network?
- Asked by Aleisha L from San Bernardino
- Jul 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is this a wireless network?)
can i stream audio from the internet to my airport express?
Would love it if i can stream audio from my internet sites, i.e. you tube, vimeo, radio internet. to my Airport express speakers.
I have the last generation Airport, where I cannot stream from net.
However, I phones can...
Does this one do it?
- Asked by Witty J A from Pacoima
- Nov 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can i stream audio from the internet to my airport express?)
Can I use the AirPort device or something similar to transmit audio from the output of my DJ mixing desk to my home Airplay network ?
I'm looking for something that I can plug into the output socket of my Stanton SCS4DJ MP3 mixing desk that will enable me to send the audio output wirelessly to my Airplay network that includes my Denon Ceol Network Music System, Apple TV and any other speakers that I choose to add to my Airplay network. Thanks
I don't have an Internet connection but just want to create a local wireless network with airport express Apple TV and my mac book pro. Can I?
I am on a yacht hence the question. I just want to stream from mac book pro to Apple TV?
Play Videos, Play YouTube, Use Quick Time, Or Use VLC?
I understand that this can wirelessly stream audio using the iTunes airplay feature...
BUT can it also stream other forms of audio (when watching a movie in VLC, when watching a movie in quicktime, or when surfing the internet).
Can't wait for your response!
- Asked by Tyler P
- Jun 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Play Videos, Play YouTube, Use Quick Time, Or Use VLC?)
Can i use my Android Device with the Aiport Express to stream my music and Audio?
Airport Express with Android
- Asked by Mohamed H from Cairo
- Dec 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use my Android Device with the Aiport Express to stream my music and Audio?)
Can this device block inbound and outbound traffic for a specific device on the network?
I have an Apple TV and an HP printer - both are on my current wireless network. I also have metered internet; and I cannot afford to have either of these devices downloading content or updates; all I want to do is prevent them from accessing the outside world, while still keeping them usable by computers on my network - yes I know the atv needs internet access to stream content; but I do not want to stream content from the internet, I just want to stream content from my laptop.
- Asked by Chris G from Akiak
- Oct 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this device block inbound and outbound traffic for a specific device on the network?)
I am running an Airport Time Capsule along with an Airport Extreme to extend my wireless network in my home. I have a fish tank control module (Neptune's Apex Controller) that I would like to add to my wireless network. This product does not have wireless capabilities, but you can connect it to a wireless game adaptor and go wireless from there? Would an additional airport express work for me?
- Asked by Joe C from Rehoboth
- Aug 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (network extender)
No answers yet
Can this be used as a wireless router for a home network?
I am interested in buying this but before i do i need to know. I am gathering that it can be but it would be nice to have yes or no answer and not a maybe before i buy one. Thank You
- Asked by Joshua W from Sweet Springs
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used as a wireless router for a home network?)
Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?
I currently use the old Airport Express to extend my wireless network broadcasted from my Time Capsule 2nd generation.
Unfortunately, the room I have my Airport Express in, which has poor service to the Time Capsule directly, is not always within working range.
If I upgraded my Airport Express to the newer unit, should I expect to see a NOTICEABLE improvement in coverage range?
I'm specifically asking those users who have used both; do you notice a significant improvement worthy of spending $100 on upgrading my device, keeping in mind this is really only so I can get strong WiFi extended from my Time Capsule and have it more reliable than the extended signal I currently have from the older Airport Express.
- Asked by Michael F from Fair Lawn
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?)
Should this be enough to handle video streaming?
Routers sold in stores always play up speeds of 150 vs 300 vs 600. I never really understood those either, but the sales guys always say that if I'm going to download video to a wireless divide, I'd better get the higher (and more expensive) speeds. Are they right, and will the AirPort Express be able to handle that alright?
- Asked by Larry S from Brookline
- Jun 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Should this be enough to handle video streaming?)
Can you connect a superdrive to this and share it over the network?
Wanting to access a superdrive wirelessly from multiple devices and wondering if this will work.
- Asked by Andrew H from Nacogdoches
- Jun 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect a superdrive to this and share it over the network?)
Use AirPort Express (dual band) as base station with older Time Capsule (single band) as range extender?
Can I use a new AirPort Express (dual band) as my primary base station in place of my older Time Capsule (single band), then use the Time Capsule to extend the range of the Airport Express? Would this give me use of both bands from the Express for my other devices? Would wireless Time Machine backups to the Time Capsule still function with this setup (via the Express)? Are there any other implications?
- Asked by Michael S from Brooklyn
- Nov 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Use AirPort Express (dual band) as base station with older Time Capsule (single band) as range extender?)
Can i still use this as a wireless access point to an existing network?
i am looking to turn a single ethernet connection in my dorm room to a wireless hotspot, i am almost positive the old airport express could do this but can this new model do it as well?
- Asked by Brandon B from Sheboygan Falls
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i still use this as a wireless access point to an existing network?)
whats needed to stream music to non wireless stereo system?
I need to stream to a Bang & olufsen system
- Asked by Gary R from Paradise Valley
- May 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (whats needed to stream music to non wireless stereo system?)
Can audio from iMac music library be played through my iPad?
Wireless audio from iMac itunes library to play on iPad?
- Asked by David D from Toronto
- Oct 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can audio from iMac music library be played through my iPad?)