Similar questions from the community
Can I attach a FWT, fixed wireless terminal, device to the AirPort to enable wifi?
I live in a rural village abroad and have internet access through a FWT, fixed wireless terminal. A SIM card is inside a large telephone you connect the FWT to a computer via USB cable. You then connect to the internet on the computer using a program such a FWT. Would it be possible to connect to the AirPort and broadcast wifi?
- Asked by Julia S from Milford
- Sep 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I attach a FWT, fixed wireless terminal, device to the AirPort to enable wifi?)
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
Will the Airport Express work with a satellite broadband system (Tooway)?
i.e. by connecting the Airport to the satellite modem via ethernet cable will this enable me to connect other devices (e.g. iphone and ipad) wirelessly?
- Asked by Richard F
- Oct 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport Express work with a satellite broadband system (Tooway)?)
Can I use the AirPort device or something similar to transmit audio from the output of my DJ mixing desk to my home Airplay network ?
I'm looking for something that I can plug into the output socket of my Stanton SCS4DJ MP3 mixing desk that will enable me to send the audio output wirelessly to my Airplay network that includes my Denon Ceol Network Music System, Apple TV and any other speakers that I choose to add to my Airplay network. Thanks
Can AirPort Express be used to link devices such as iMac, iPad, AppleTV etc... WITHOUT ANY INTERNET CONNECTION?
I want to create a wireless network in my home for my apple devices, but do not want to connect them to the internet (at this stage). Will AirPort Express allow me to stream music & video held on my iMac on my TV via AppleTV?
- Asked by Tom B from Adelaide
- Feb 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can AirPort Express be used to link devices such as iMac, iPad, AppleTV etc... WITHOUT ANY INTERNET CONNECTION?)
can multiple printers be used over wifi with the airport express
I have a Brother Laser printer that is wireless 2270DW and an epson wireless printer that students are using in an dorm. I have set secure wireless network but need to know if these two printers can print wirelessly or do they need to be connected via printer cable to Airport Express to perform wireless printing? Last but not least you us a spliter on the USB outlet on the Airport express and hardwire the two printers via printer cables?
- Asked by Chris P from Sandy Springs
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can multiple printers be used over wifi with the airport express)
Can I use this to improve my wifi around my house?
My modem is down stairs and I have a lot of trouble connecting all of my devices such as laptop, PS3, Xbox to my wireless network. I'm two floors above my modem will this help me get a better connection.
- Asked by Luke W
- Dec 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to improve my wifi around my house?)
Can the new AirPort express share / extend a WiFi connection ?
The new AirPort Express has a WAN connection to share ethernet, can it also share / extend a Wireless network, for instance to be used as a portable router whilst travelling ?
- Asked by Simon B from Burton On Trent
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the new AirPort express share / extend a WiFi connection ?)
If I have a router do I need Airport Express to go wireless?
I'm moving, and will be getting a Comcast modem/router combo for cable and internet. Can my Mac be set up wi-fi without connecting it to an ethernet cable?
- Asked by Denise W from Roseville
- Aug 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (If I have a router do I need Airport Express to go wireless?)
Will I require an existing internet connection to use the Express, or can I use It's wireless features offline?
I would like to know if if can use the Airport Express without an internet connection?
I have a Mac Pro, currently I must set up an ad-hoc wifi network each time I want to connect my iPhone and iPad wirelessly to my Mac.
Will the Express allow me to create a lasting wireless network (as opposed to having to set up an ad-hoc network whenever I want to connect my devices wirelessly to my Mac?)
I receive my internet through my iPhone's wireless hotspot connection, so I do not have a router.
- Asked by Peter M from Armidale
- Sep 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I require an existing internet connection to use the Express, or can I use It's wireless features offline?)
If I extend wi-fi network from an Airport Extreme basestation via WDS to this unit, can both ethernet ports be used for networking non wi-fi devices?
Can the Airport Express/Extreme or Time Capsule act as a MiFi Client and pass internet to my Hardwired, (Non WiFi), devices?
I have a Sierra MiFi unit at home and several Non WiFi devices, I would like to pass the internet access/Network through the hardwire ports using the Airport Extreme as the connection to the network and internet.
- Asked by Anthony M. D from Branson
- Aug 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express/Extreme or Time Capsule act as a MiFi Client and pass internet to my Hardwired, (Non WiFi), devices?)
Can I plug an ethernet-only wired device into an Airport Express so it can connect to my network?
I have a Cisco IP telephone that requires a wired Ethernet connection. I need to install it away from my primary Airport Extreme router. Can I use the Express to serve as a wired to wireless bridge? Thanks!
- Asked by D Gavin G from Seattle
- Aug 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug an ethernet-only wired device into an Airport Express so it can connect to my network?)
Can I receive an Internet connection from the Ethernet ports of an AirPort Express if the Express is extending an Extreme's WiFi signal wirelessly?
AirPort Extreme (WiFi) --> AirPort Express (repeater mode) --> ethernet cable (WAN/LAN)--> iMac
- Asked by Gladstone P from Phoenixville
- Mar 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I receive an Internet connection from the Ethernet ports of an AirPort Express if the Express is extending an Extreme's WiFi signal wirelessly?)
Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router
Is it possible to have the airport express connect to a non apple router wirelessly?
Then is it possible to have it extend that range wirelessly to apple devices?
Then is it possible to connect my PC up to the airport express as well via ethernet?
So if it can connect to non apple router wirelessly, is possible to share that internet via ethernet as well as wirelessly?
- Asked by Alex T
- Jan 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router)
so what if you already have wi fi in your home, is this device still needed or will my wi fi do the job?
i'm trying to add a printer for printing, and it sounds like the airport express will allow me to print wireless, but if i already have wi fi installed will i still need the airport express to print wireless, and what does this device do different than what i already have?
- Asked by Melvin T from Westchester
- Oct 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (so what if you already have wi fi in your home, is this device still needed or will my wi fi do the job?)
Can this device be used just as an access point only, without using it as a router?
Can this device be used as an access point only... without using its router features (such as DHCP server, NAT, etc)?
If it can be used only as an access point, can the guest network feature be enabled? (I believe guest network features usually require some sort of VLAN partioning)
- Asked by S M from Portland
- Oct 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this device be used just as an access point only, without using it as a router?)