Similar questions from the community
Movies with airplay
If I were to connect stereo speakers to my airport express and use apple tv and watch a movie or youtube etc...would they work fine together. basically using the airplay as my speaker setup?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Wexford
- Apr 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Movies with airplay)
No answers yet
Can I use the AirPort device or something similar to transmit audio from the output of my DJ mixing desk to my home Airplay network ?
I'm looking for something that I can plug into the output socket of my Stanton SCS4DJ MP3 mixing desk that will enable me to send the audio output wirelessly to my Airplay network that includes my Denon Ceol Network Music System, Apple TV and any other speakers that I choose to add to my Airplay network. Thanks
Can I AirPlay to multiple AirPort Epress/apple TV/AirPlay devices simultaneously from my iPad only - or do I need a computer running with iTunes?
I want to be able to play music via my iPad or iPhone to an AirPort Express, an Apple TV and a Bose Soundlink Air simultaneously (without the need to have a computer running) - is this possible?
Do i have to plug it in to my router with an ethernet cable?
I was thinking of getting it for the airplay function. but my speakers are in a different room to my router. so will it connect wirelessly to my router?
- Asked by Joshua H from Sweetwater
- Aug 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do i have to plug it in to my router with an ethernet cable?)
Is AirPort Express model A1084, (with retractable plug prongs, and an ethernet, USB, and a cable port, compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
my new iMac OSX 10.8.2 recognizes no airport devices, which only blink yellow. The network that my old iMac OSX 10.4 recognized, did not transfer to the new device at the time of purchase, and I cannot seem to establish a new network to stream music to my stereo. The airport express devices are about 2006 vintage.
- Asked by Stephen S from Portland
- Dec 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is AirPort Express model A1084, (with retractable plug prongs, and an ethernet, USB, and a cable port, compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8)
do i need an Airport Express for each device, ie. HDTV, BLURAY PLAYER, MAC?
I am considering getting Apple TV, want to know what all I need to set up my own network. Also, to watch local TV do I still need cable service?
- Asked by Debbie C from Sugarloaf
- Apr 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need an Airport Express for each device, ie. HDTV, BLURAY PLAYER, MAC?)
Can AirPlay Sync music over multiple devices? i.e. Apple TV and an Airport Express?
I currently have an Apple TV in the living room with my Network set up of my Time Cap. With the AirPlay feature of the Airport Express can I sync music being played off the Apple TV to the AE in an other room?
- Asked by Mark H
- May 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can AirPlay Sync music over multiple devices? i.e. Apple TV and an Airport Express?)
If I plug in my speakers (amp to old school speaker) to the jack can I airplay audio to Airport from Mac and iPhone and have it play through them?
Basically I have a small set up in my room of an old sony amp and goodmans speakers, the amp has rca connections on the back so I do a simple 3/4" jack to rca and plug it into my iPhone or Mac and it works fine. What I want to be able to do is to play audio, via airplay i'm assuming, to the AirPort Express, have it output through the jack socket on the rear and play though my setup as it would as usual.
Hope this makes sense.
2 new airport express, 1 avr, 1 stereo receiver
Can i make this configuration?
1. First Airport express connected to my dlink router via wan port.
2. Second airport express extending the First Express wifi network without ethernet cable.
3. Connect at the second airport express my denon receiver through it´s LAN port so i can manage my receiver with it´s own app.
4. Connect the first airport express with a stereo cable to a stereo receiver to airplay.
- Asked by Francisco M from Norden
- Sep 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (2 new airport express, 1 avr, 1 stereo receiver)
No answers yet
Can I use AirPort Express in my vehicle?
is this a mobile device or does it have to be plugged in to the wall outlet?
- Asked by Michael S from Summerville
- Jun 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use AirPort Express in my vehicle?)
Can I plug an ethernet-only wired device into an Airport Express so it can connect to my network?
I have a Cisco IP telephone that requires a wired Ethernet connection. I need to install it away from my primary Airport Extreme router. Can I use the Express to serve as a wired to wireless bridge? Thanks!
- Asked by D Gavin G from Seattle
- Aug 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug an ethernet-only wired device into an Airport Express so it can connect to my network?)
is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV
I want to bring the iTunes library to my stereo, and googling on this there were a number of posts that suggested that Airport Extreme had better decoding for CD quality audio then did the AppleTV. All the iTunes files are of course digital, and I am intending to use the optical output of either the Airport Express or AppleTV.
To really hear a difference I would need to do an A/B test of one against the other - which I do not intend to do, but I do have a very high end system so when things are not as they should be there is no hiding it.
I don't need the AppleTV right now for the theater setting - so video streaming ability would be on hold there, for now but likely added sometime in the next year or so.
It's really a matter of which device is going to be better for delivering the iTunes music library to the stereo system. Why there would be a different between the Airport Extreme and the AppleTV is not clear to me. The limiting source would seem to be the bit rate of the files in iTunes - but perhaps I am missing something. Perhaps there is a difference in DA converters - though that too would seem strange, but with the use of the Digital Optical Out I would think that there should be no difference.
But certainly better to know about it before I buy the device and get it set up - appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.
- Asked by Dan R from Superior
- Jul 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV)
Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?
I have a Verizon-supplied Actiontec router, which is in one room in the house. I'd like to put the Airport Express int the living room, connect it to the stereo for Airplay AND extend the Wireless Network of the ActionTec router, is this possible?
- Asked by Yonah W from White Plains
- Sep 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?)
No Internet network in our RV?
Can we set up a network in our RV, with a airport express and AppleTV? We will not have internet access at the campground, but want to use Airplay from our iOS devices. Is this possible without an Internet connection?
- Asked by Jason C from Hebron
- Mar 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (No Internet network in our RV?)
No answers yet
AirPlayer and Wifi Extender?
Can this be used for both use as a connection for air play while also extending the range of my TimeCapsule?
- Asked by Carlos M from Forney
- May 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (AirPlayer and Wifi Extender?)
No answers yet
Do I need an AirPlay enabled MacBook to use the AirPlay function in the AirPort Express?
I have a late 2008 unibody MacBook which does not support airplay. I would like to stream music from iTunes to an AirPlay enabled speaker system. Could I use AirPort express to do this?
- Asked by Neil A
- Feb 20, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need an AirPlay enabled MacBook to use the AirPlay function in the AirPort Express?)
airport express multi amp/speaker/system
I want to just extend my wireless system. I DO NOT WANT TO USE THE AIRPLAY OPTION.
So can I use say Pandora, Tunein etc. and select my wireless instead of Airplay and send the same thing to both my express units? (2) That way I can play to my stereo/ amp /speaker/ volume controlled in two places at the same time. I am not sure my question is clear since I seem to be getting different replays.
I currently have the 1st gen. express and play into my amp vis a cable. I see that amp port is still on the new gen. so I was in hope this can be done.
- Asked by Gary S from Lake Oswego
- Mar 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (airport express multi amp/speaker/system)
No answers yet
How does my stereo receive this signal?
My stereo is a Bozak amp pre amp tuner older electronics. It would need an attachment to receive these signals. Is there an adaptor available?
- Asked by Ronald S from Stratford
- Nov 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How does my stereo receive this signal?)
No answers yet