Similar questions from the community
do i need the apirport express base to connect to my mac OS 10.6.8 to get wi fi
I have gone into my Apple Mac on system preference for internet & wi fi sharing to see if I can set up wireless connect and when I get to the computer using box It does not show me a
box for wi fi.. It's has a choice for air port option.
I want to have my mac setup for both internet & wireless. Do I purchase the Airport express base station for this to work? I have eathernet modem. Will l need to call a mac tec to install or would I be able to do it myself. I know enough to be dangerous! Thank you
- Asked by Roberta H from Surprise
- Nov 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need the apirport express base to connect to my mac OS 10.6.8 to get wi fi)
so what if you already have wi fi in your home, is this device still needed or will my wi fi do the job?
i'm trying to add a printer for printing, and it sounds like the airport express will allow me to print wireless, but if i already have wi fi installed will i still need the airport express to print wireless, and what does this device do different than what i already have?
- Asked by Melvin T from Westchester
- Oct 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (so what if you already have wi fi in your home, is this device still needed or will my wi fi do the job?)
I want wi-fi access for my 2010 2.8Ghz mac pro. Should I buy Airport Extreme base station?
I do not have the following:
1) An AirPort card fitted - really expensive call-out charge and part
2) Would rather not run a cable throughout house to the router downstairs, as it is rented accomodation.
Will the Airport Extreme base station, pick up the wi-fi from downstairs?
Or do i definately need an ethernet cable draped all over the house to the Virgin Media router for a cheaper option?
(Have tried using a usb ralink but it has stopped working and want something more substantial)
What's the best option?
Thanks for any advice! It's such a headache knowing what to do!
Does this include WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) functionality?
WPS functionality has been proven to be a security risk. Does the AirPort Express Base Station offer this functionality? And if it does, can it be disabled?
- Asked by Brian G
- Aug 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this include WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) functionality?)
Can I use Airport Express to simultaneoulsy streatm music and extend my wi-fi network?
I want to extend my wi-fi network but I would also like to stream music. Will the Express serve both needs simultaneously?
- Asked by Dustin H from Bethesda
- Aug 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Airport Express to simultaneoulsy streatm music and extend my wi-fi network?)
Can I use this as an independent wi-fi source?
I want to have an independent wi-fi source that I can protect with a password or avoid from being searched by other devices. Do I need any additional equipment to use this device?
- Asked by Azaan D from Edmonton
- Jun 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this as an independent wi-fi source?)
No answers yet
Is the airport express compatible with mavericks os?
Trying to figure out if I can hook this up and connect this so we can share an Epson 1400 printer.
- Asked by Carol C from Rowley
- Apr 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the airport express compatible with mavericks os?)
Does this generate its own Wi-Fi for apple products?
I have a router for my internet at home but the WiFi for that is no longer compatible with my iPhone, without WiFi I get bad service in my house. Will this help me?
- Asked by D'naija T from Glassboro
- Oct 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this generate its own Wi-Fi for apple products?)
will airport express improve the strength and range of my verizon router?
My wi-fi signal often drops out -- overpowered by a neighbor's signal.
If I buy and connect an airport express will this solve the strength and range problem I"m experiencing?
If yes, how hard is it to connect and operationalize?
- Asked by Kay H from Rockville
- Jul 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will airport express improve the strength and range of my verizon router?)
Provided I connect this with an audio cable, I can send music from iTunes on my iPad to play on my older (5 yo) mini hi-fi?
My hi-fi is an LG, about 5 yo, has dual AV inputs on back exactly as described in Airport Express user manual, so shouldn't be a problem to connect it. Can play music from a USB stick & can play from CDs burned on a computer (my previous one couldn't).
Am hoping this will enable me to play my iTunes music from my iPad, trying to avoid need to buy new, expensive dock for iPad to get good music quality!
- Asked by Jenifer R from New Town
- Jun 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Provided I connect this with an audio cable, I can send music from iTunes on my iPad to play on my older (5 yo) mini hi-fi?)
When using the express as a WiFi extension from the Extreme base station. Can Ethernet port be used?
With a baby on the way I have searched for a video baby monitor that will work best with all my iOS devices. The iBaby video monitor seemed the best fit. It needs to be hardwired directly into a modem in order for it to broadcast the video signal over WiFi. To avoid running Ethernet into the room I would prefer to use the Express to extend the WiFi from my Airport Extreme base station. But will then need to use the Express Ethernet wired connection for the monitor. Is this possible?
- Asked by Aaron B from Surprise
- Oct 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (When using the express as a WiFi extension from the Extreme base station. Can Ethernet port be used?)
Will Airport Express Base station substitute for my removed Airport card?
If I buy the Airport Express Base station will it replace the airport card which was removed from my Imac as it was causing problem and let me use the Wifi. At the moment I am using a wired connection to me modem.
I am running OS 10.6.
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM41.0055.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.1f5
Serial Number (system): CK62106MU2S
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0016CB861618
- Asked by Paul R
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Airport Express Base station substitute for my removed Airport card?)
can you explain this product to me please? also does it give you wi-fi wherever you go?
Hi does this product let you get wi-fi wherever you want it too?
- Asked by Sarah I
- Jun 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can you explain this product to me please? also does it give you wi-fi wherever you go?)
While using an Express Base station in BRIDGE mode, are both ethernet jacks on the express active and free to use with wired devices?
If a new Airport Express is bridging a network connection provided by an Airport Extreme, will it allow two devices to be wired to the express and "bridged" to the primary network? I would like to relocate a mac pro and xbox 360 on the other side of my house and would like to hook these two devices up to the network. Otherwise an airport express and a switch would work, so I have read, but I would like to keep it as simple as possible.
- Asked by Eric P from Clifton Park
- Sep 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (While using an Express Base station in BRIDGE mode, are both ethernet jacks on the express active and free to use with wired devices?)