Similar questions from the community
Buying gifts for my son and his new Mac. Is there and advantage to buying this alongside the Apple TV which I just purchased or will it be redundant.
what advantage is this if I have to upgrade my ADSL Modem and can buy a wireless modem
I have a Siemens Speedstream 4200 which is over 8 years old.
It does not work with the Airport express router.
So I have to buy a new modem.
Now Telstra are saying it is cheaper to just buy a wireless modem - all built in.
So what would the advantage be of keeping this Airport Express router?
- Asked by Simon A from Carnegie
- Oct 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (what advantage is this if I have to upgrade my ADSL Modem and can buy a wireless modem)
Airport express or apple tv
The apple Tv and Airport express are the same price but the Apple Tv does more.
Should i buy an Apple tv to stream my music to my stereo in the other room ?
Or should i buy a Airport express ?
Does the Airport express have more faetures that the Apple TV doesn't have ?
I currently have
I just want to be ablle to stream music tto the stereo's i have through my Two storry house
I just purchaced the Airport Express but i'm now thinking i should of bought another Apple TV ?
- Asked by David C from Kingsley
- May 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport express or apple tv)
Does Airport Express support the new TVs which have built in WiFi for streaming content such as Netflix?
I have a New Sony TV which has built in WiFi. Does the Airport extreme support streaming with this TV.
Have an older Airport Extreme, one band, 2ghz and it does not stream fast enough. Keeps loosing connection, has to stop and load the content.
Want to purchase a new Airport with 2 & 5 ghz speeds and dual bands, but only if it supports fast steamless streaming.
- Asked by Kathleen K from Charlevoix
- Dec 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Express support the new TVs which have built in WiFi for streaming content such as Netflix?)
Will the airport express work with the new 802.11ac Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station or should I buy the 802.11n Extreme?
Until a month ago, I was using an 802.11n Extreme and an airport Express to extend the signal. My 802.11 Extreme no longer works and I am looking to replace it. I am deciding between the n model and the new ac Extreme model. My most important question is -- will the airport express work with the new ac Extreme base station ?
If it does not, I will just by the 802.11n Extreme base station.
- Asked by Jonathan C from Cary
- Jul 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the airport express work with the new 802.11ac Apple AirPort Extreme Base Station or should I buy the 802.11n Extreme?)
do u need a new computer to take advantage of the faster wifi 802.11 ac
- Asked by Joe B from Red Deer
- Jun 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (do u need a new computer to take advantage of the faster wifi 802.11 ac)
I don't have an Internet connection but just want to create a local wireless network with airport express Apple TV and my mac book pro. Can I?
I am on a yacht hence the question. I just want to stream from mac book pro to Apple TV?
is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV
I want to bring the iTunes library to my stereo, and googling on this there were a number of posts that suggested that Airport Extreme had better decoding for CD quality audio then did the AppleTV. All the iTunes files are of course digital, and I am intending to use the optical output of either the Airport Express or AppleTV.
To really hear a difference I would need to do an A/B test of one against the other - which I do not intend to do, but I do have a very high end system so when things are not as they should be there is no hiding it.
I don't need the AppleTV right now for the theater setting - so video streaming ability would be on hold there, for now but likely added sometime in the next year or so.
It's really a matter of which device is going to be better for delivering the iTunes music library to the stereo system. Why there would be a different between the Airport Extreme and the AppleTV is not clear to me. The limiting source would seem to be the bit rate of the files in iTunes - but perhaps I am missing something. Perhaps there is a difference in DA converters - though that too would seem strange, but with the use of the Digital Optical Out I would think that there should be no difference.
But certainly better to know about it before I buy the device and get it set up - appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.
- Asked by Dan R from Superior
- Jul 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV)
Can the new AirPort Express support Apple TV?
- Asked by Jerry B from Guadalajara
- Aug 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the new AirPort Express support Apple TV?)
No answers yet
Do I need to pay for an internet service or will this take the place of it?
I am moving and need to find a new source of internet, my question is that if i buy this, will i be able to just use this for my internet or will i still need to find an internet provider?
- Asked by Kate F from Washington
- Dec 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to pay for an internet service or will this take the place of it?)
Streaming audio from iTunes on iMac. Apple TV or Airport express? confused...
So 3 audio systems with traditional amplifier/speakers.
Want to selectively route iTunes audio (using PureMusic if possible) to these systems but they are a good distance from the computer. Looked at Apple TV but only has optical audio out which doesn't work with my amps. Also I read about Airport Express but this seems to want to be a router and setup and network and I already have a router etc... can airport express just sit on the network and give me regular audio out to the amplifiers and if so, is it high quality audio (noticed only has a 3.5mm jack).
Is there a higher end solution to this? Read about Sonos a little etc...
- Asked by Simon C from Raleigh
- May 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Streaming audio from iTunes on iMac. Apple TV or Airport express? confused...)
- Asked about: Mac
replacement power cord
hey, my house was flooded during hurricane sandy and im just now starting to move back in.. I realize now that the power cord was completely submerged and is shot.. however the airport itself was not damaged by the water and is in good condition... I was wondering if you can buy just a new power strip or if im going to have to buy the whole new router?
- Asked by Ryan O from Brick
- Feb 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (replacement power cord)
No answers yet
Can I use airport express to print from my ipad 2 onto a hp desk jet 3050 printer
As I am considering buying one soon
- Asked by Daniel L
- Sep 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use airport express to print from my ipad 2 onto a hp desk jet 3050 printer)
Does airport express have digital input?
Does the airport express have a digital input as well as analogue input? I want to connect to my digital surround sound system with optical cable, is this possible with airport express or will i need to buy apple tv unit? Cheers guys
- Asked by James D
- Jun 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does airport express have digital input?)
do i need an Airport Express for each device, ie. HDTV, BLURAY PLAYER, MAC?
I am considering getting Apple TV, want to know what all I need to set up my own network. Also, to watch local TV do I still need cable service?
- Asked by Debbie C from Sugarloaf
- Apr 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need an Airport Express for each device, ie. HDTV, BLURAY PLAYER, MAC?)
What is the apple airport express
I really would like to know what u have to do to set up create a new wireless thing
- Asked by Julian C from Las Vegas
- Nov 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the apple airport express)
No answers yet
If I plugged an external hard drive into this, would I be able to access media on it via Apple TV and do time machine backups from my Mac?
Can the new Airport Express Base Station extend the network from a new Airport Extreme Base Station AND use Airplay at the same time?
My old Airport Express cannot do both, you either have to set it up to create a network, join an existing network to extend it, or set it up for AirTunes. If the new one could do both, I'll buy it.