Similar questions from the community
No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?
My wife and I live in a very rural area without internet. We have a mobile share plan (with tethering) for out Iphone 4s'. I want to setup a wireless speaker network to play my itunes music around the house. Will the airport express allow this?
If I understand correctly, I will need to purchase multiple airport expresses. Let's say, 4 total, 1 for each room I want speakers in and one connected to my PC with my Itunes library? I connect each airport to a set of speakers in said rooms and I can control the itunes library from my iphone via an app from anywhere in the house, and it's all completed wireless save the connections from airport ex to speakers and pc.
please help me make sure this is clear before I go and spend $400 bucks on these pups.
- Asked by Susan M from Monroe
- Jan 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?)
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
connect with airplay or airport express (6) speakers connected by wires to a remote location. all speakers are ceiling mounted housed in 6 small room
WIll this work when I connect to a MacBook Air? or will I still need a seperate receiver. I'm starting a small business quickly, and my space is small, 1,200 sq ft. Spa setting, where music should sound crisp without crackling when we play classical and such. What should I do?
- Asked by Pauliina G from Salt Lake City
- Mar 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (connect with airplay or airport express (6) speakers connected by wires to a remote location. all speakers are ceiling mounted housed in 6 small room)
Can I use this to improve my wifi around my house?
My modem is down stairs and I have a lot of trouble connecting all of my devices such as laptop, PS3, Xbox to my wireless network. I'm two floors above my modem will this help me get a better connection.
- Asked by Luke W
- Dec 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to improve my wifi around my house?)
can multiple printers be used over wifi with the airport express
I have a Brother Laser printer that is wireless 2270DW and an epson wireless printer that students are using in an dorm. I have set secure wireless network but need to know if these two printers can print wirelessly or do they need to be connected via printer cable to Airport Express to perform wireless printing? Last but not least you us a spliter on the USB outlet on the Airport express and hardwire the two printers via printer cables?
- Asked by Chris P from Sandy Springs
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can multiple printers be used over wifi with the airport express)
Can i connect my router that i have now to the airport express in a different level of my house?
I want to use the airport express as a router for my room, so i can connect my computer and playstation to the internet. If i buy the airport express, can I have it so that it recieves the signal from a belkin router downstairs and will give me internet upstairs? I know it sounds silly because wifi works in the whole house, but i need to be able to hardwire the playstation.
- Asked by David W from Cary
- Jul 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect my router that i have now to the airport express in a different level of my house?)
Connect my wd my book live nas drive to airport express
Im looking to purchase the airport express to extend my extremes wifi network. I hoping to put a western digital hardrive into the Ethernet slot on the express, as the express will be in the middle of the house enabling my office mac to share the content.
Hope that makes sense.
- Asked by Richard D
- Aug 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Connect my wd my book live nas drive to airport express)
Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy
I have a wifi network in my house, powered by a wireless router next to my telephone socket.
In a totally different room, I have some ipod speakers and a sky box next to each other. The existing wifi signal is strong here.
What I want to do is:
1) Play music from iPhone iTunes over wifi to the existing speakers and
2) Connect my sky box to the internet via its Ethernet port.
Can I do this using a AirPort Express Base Station?
- Asked by William J
- Jun 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy)
Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?
I currently have an airport extreme, which is very good at getting range throughout my very long unit (about 30 meters.)
I have my TV, XBOX, PC down one end.. and my iMac is down the other end. I had the Extreme set up in the middle of the house. So it turns out, my xbox360 along with the NBA App wont give me HD unless its plugged in, even if the wireless Extreme unit is sitting 5 inches away from the XBOX360 (I tested this). Highlights work fine, but actual games - na.
So I though I would move the extreme in the room with the XBOX 360 etc in it..
Anyway, surprisingly, down the other end of the house, the iMac works on the internet fine! The iPhone 5 also works well.(checked with speediest and can confirm that the iphone lost less than 10% at the end of the house! impressive :-) ) BUT when I look at the iMac network connection, it says the transmit signal is only 27 down from around 217. The internet is fine, but youtube has taken a hit.
My dilemma then, is that I need the printer connected to a wireless device so everything including our laptops can print. I also would not mind extending the range back out for the iMac.
So I am considering the Express to put in the middle of the house.
1) If I have my modem plugged into the extreme, I assume I can use the express as an extender?
2) Can I plug the printer into the Extender, or in this case, the little express which will be used as an extender?
I sort of dont want the printer near the TV due to room issues, and would like to bring back the super quickness of the internet to the iMac.. Im not so fussed about the internet for the iMac, as its only YouTube which has taken a hit, everything else works great, which is amazing at such a long range. (almost 100 feet)
- Asked by Dennis K from Mosman
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?)
Will the Airport Express amplify my speakers?
I have in wall/ceiling speakers in my home. If I hook up the Airport will the Airport express amplify them when I stream music from my ipod or iphone? If not, what would you suggest?
- Asked by Kris S from Chubbuck
- Aug 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport Express amplify my speakers?)
No answers yet
How do you connect airport express to a wall cable without a cable box?
I have a weak wireless connection from airport extreme in my house. I need to boost signal to garage apt. Can I use the express as an extender?
- Asked by Jennifer M from Sarasota
- Jul 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you connect airport express to a wall cable without a cable box?)
Will Bowers & Wilkins MM1 speakers run off airport express?
I am looking to set up airplay to my MM1 speakers using the USB connection to the airport express, is this feasible?
- Asked by Adrian B
- Nov 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Bowers & Wilkins MM1 speakers run off airport express?)
What is the new airport express made out of? is that aluminum around the edges?
- Asked by Joey P from West Lafayette
- Jul 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the new airport express made out of? is that aluminum around the edges?)
connecting Airport express to modem, does the ethernet cord com with the purchase
connecting Airport express to modem, does the ethernet cord
com with the purchase
- Asked by Alvin S from Atlanta
- Dec 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (connecting Airport express to modem, does the ethernet cord com with the purchase)
Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?
I already have a wireless router, and wired printer. I want to extend my wireless range, and I also want to be able to turn my wired printer into a wireless one, along with my wired speakers into wireless speakers. Is this possible?
- Asked by Xavier S from Washington
- Oct 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?)
Does the new Airport Express output audio to 'non-powered' speakers? The product description says 'any connected speakers'
- Asked by Robert A from Colorado Springs
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new Airport Express output audio to 'non-powered' speakers? The product description says 'any connected speakers')
How many Xbox 360's can I connect to my airport express?
I recently purchased another 360 and cannot get it to work with my airport express unless I plug into it directly. My first 360 connects with no issue wirelessly. My ISP told me that my express may not be able to handle more than one 360 with the wifi. Is this just them pushing responsibility on to Apple or is there something I'm missing? If I cannot connect more than one wirelessly, then will a time capsule or extreme do the trick?
Thank you everyone for your assistance.
- Asked by Jeffery K from Roy
- Feb 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How many Xbox 360's can I connect to my airport express?)
Can I AirPlay to multiple AirPort Epress/apple TV/AirPlay devices simultaneously from my iPad only - or do I need a computer running with iTunes?
I want to be able to play music via my iPad or iPhone to an AirPort Express, an Apple TV and a Bose Soundlink Air simultaneously (without the need to have a computer running) - is this possible?