Similar questions from the community
Can I connect two Mac desktops with this router?
I have a newer Mac and my husband has one about 8 years old. Will one router
work for both? I also have an ipad, iphone and ipod.
- Asked by Janet H from Billings
- Jul 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect two Mac desktops with this router?)
Can I use this to connect mac mini to wireless n router ?
I have a mac mini which has a airport g compatible card, can I use the base station to send data wirelessly as n compatible to my broad band router to achieve 80mbs rather than 20 mbs I'm getting ? Thanks
- Asked by Stuart F
- Dec 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect mac mini to wireless n router ?)
If I have a router do I need Airport Express to go wireless?
I'm moving, and will be getting a Comcast modem/router combo for cable and internet. Can my Mac be set up wi-fi without connecting it to an ethernet cable?
- Asked by Denise W from Roseville
- Aug 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (If I have a router do I need Airport Express to go wireless?)
Can I use Express as router connected to modem & Time Capsule as a way to extend wifi signal?
Here's my dilemma: My modem, AirPort Express, and speakers are in my living room. The speakers are plugged into AirPort Express so I can play my music from any device. At the other end of the house is my study where I'd like to place the Time Capsule so that I can backup my laptop and so that I can extend the wifi signal in my house. Is that possible? And even if it is, am I wasting the Time Capsule's router capabilities by using the Express as the router and the Time Capsule as a means to extend signal?
And why on earth is Express the only router capable of connecting to speakers??
- Asked by Raul C from San Francisco
- Oct 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Express as router connected to modem & Time Capsule as a way to extend wifi signal?)
Can I hook the express up to my cable router that is also hooked up to my other D-Link wireless router? Would I be able to have two wifi routers on?
Can i use Express as the main router , and use some other brand router as the sub router in WDS ?
i wanna connect express to my DSL,
and make it as the main router
in another room , i have a other brand router
i want set it in WDS mode to express
it's all ok?
- Asked by 晓宁 李 from Shanghai
- Jun 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use Express as the main router , and use some other brand router as the sub router in WDS ?)
Do i have to plug it in to my router with an ethernet cable?
I was thinking of getting it for the airplay function. but my speakers are in a different room to my router. so will it connect wirelessly to my router?
- Asked by Joshua H from Sweetwater
- Aug 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do i have to plug it in to my router with an ethernet cable?)
will airport express improve the strength and range of my verizon router?
My wi-fi signal often drops out -- overpowered by a neighbor's signal.
If I buy and connect an airport express will this solve the strength and range problem I"m experiencing?
If yes, how hard is it to connect and operationalize?
- Asked by Kay H from Rockville
- Jul 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will airport express improve the strength and range of my verizon router?)
Can I plug an ethernet-only wired device into an Airport Express so it can connect to my network?
I have a Cisco IP telephone that requires a wired Ethernet connection. I need to install it away from my primary Airport Extreme router. Can I use the Express to serve as a wired to wireless bridge? Thanks!
- Asked by D Gavin G from Seattle
- Aug 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug an ethernet-only wired device into an Airport Express so it can connect to my network?)
Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router
Is it possible to have the airport express connect to a non apple router wirelessly?
Then is it possible to have it extend that range wirelessly to apple devices?
Then is it possible to connect my PC up to the airport express as well via ethernet?
So if it can connect to non apple router wirelessly, is possible to share that internet via ethernet as well as wirelessly?
- Asked by Alex T
- Jan 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router)
Can i connect my router that i have now to the airport express in a different level of my house?
I want to use the airport express as a router for my room, so i can connect my computer and playstation to the internet. If i buy the airport express, can I have it so that it recieves the signal from a belkin router downstairs and will give me internet upstairs? I know it sounds silly because wifi works in the whole house, but i need to be able to hardwire the playstation.
- Asked by David W from Cary
- Jul 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect my router that i have now to the airport express in a different level of my house?)
Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?
I have a Verizon-supplied Actiontec router, which is in one room in the house. I'd like to put the Airport Express int the living room, connect it to the stereo for Airplay AND extend the Wireless Network of the ActionTec router, is this possible?
- Asked by Yonah W from White Plains
- Sep 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?)
Will I require an existing internet connection to use the Express, or can I use It's wireless features offline?
I would like to know if if can use the Airport Express without an internet connection?
I have a Mac Pro, currently I must set up an ad-hoc wifi network each time I want to connect my iPhone and iPad wirelessly to my Mac.
Will the Express allow me to create a lasting wireless network (as opposed to having to set up an ad-hoc network whenever I want to connect my devices wirelessly to my Mac?)
I receive my internet through my iPhone's wireless hotspot connection, so I do not have a router.
- Asked by Peter M from Armidale
- Sep 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I require an existing internet connection to use the Express, or can I use It's wireless features offline?)
Will the Airport function as a router with a dongle/broadband stick from another country inserted in its USB port so I can pickup broadbands services?
I would like to be able to use two iPads at one time when my wife and I are traveling.
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
I want to get rid of my sky router which is connected to the BT open reach modem. I am not able to connect my time capsule directly to the modem.
I am able to connect the TC to the sky router and i am able to get internet. I wan to get rid of the sky router and use the TC....any suggestions
- Asked by John K
- Apr 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to get rid of my sky router which is connected to the BT open reach modem. I am not able to connect my time capsule directly to the modem.)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Does the Airport express base station work as a internet router?
- Asked by Michael E from Nixa
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport express base station work as a internet router?)