Similar questions from the community
can I play video in .mkv file format?
I would like to know if the Apple TV can play movie files in mkv format from a hard disk connected to an Airport Express Base station?
- Asked by Ajay H from Chennai
- Aug 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can I play video in .mkv file format?)
Play Videos, Play YouTube, Use Quick Time, Or Use VLC?
I understand that this can wirelessly stream audio using the iTunes airplay feature...
BUT can it also stream other forms of audio (when watching a movie in VLC, when watching a movie in quicktime, or when surfing the internet).
Can't wait for your response!
- Asked by Tyler P
- Jun 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Play Videos, Play YouTube, Use Quick Time, Or Use VLC?)
Should this be enough to handle video streaming?
Routers sold in stores always play up speeds of 150 vs 300 vs 600. I never really understood those either, but the sales guys always say that if I'm going to download video to a wireless divide, I'd better get the higher (and more expensive) speeds. Are they right, and will the AirPort Express be able to handle that alright?
- Asked by Larry S from Brookline
- Jun 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Should this be enough to handle video streaming?)
i work for a professional rugby union side and we need away to share video files in games. do we need to a connection to the internet to make it work
can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?
I'm using airplay to play a video to a projector but the audio is located elsewhere, so is it possible to send the video to the projector via apple tv and then the audio to an airport express to come out some PA speakers?
- Asked by Matthew T
- Feb 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?)
can i use a air port to share files from a windows to a mac
I have just upgraded to a macbook air and all my files are on a windows 8 computer can i use a air port to share the files over the network?
- Asked by Bradley S
- Oct 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use a air port to share files from a windows to a mac)
File exchange using airport compared to airdrop?
I work where the Wifi data is counted by Computer and am wondering if this will allow file transfer without affecting my Mac data count or does it work in the same way as airdrop to where it needs to use data off the Wifi signal as well?
- Asked by Jose M from Visalia
- Oct 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (File exchange using airport compared to airdrop?)
Can this device (airport express) transmit FLAC audio files?
- Asked by Bill & Barbara M from Goose Creek
- Jul 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this device (airport express) transmit FLAC audio files?)
is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV
I want to bring the iTunes library to my stereo, and googling on this there were a number of posts that suggested that Airport Extreme had better decoding for CD quality audio then did the AppleTV. All the iTunes files are of course digital, and I am intending to use the optical output of either the Airport Express or AppleTV.
To really hear a difference I would need to do an A/B test of one against the other - which I do not intend to do, but I do have a very high end system so when things are not as they should be there is no hiding it.
I don't need the AppleTV right now for the theater setting - so video streaming ability would be on hold there, for now but likely added sometime in the next year or so.
It's really a matter of which device is going to be better for delivering the iTunes music library to the stereo system. Why there would be a different between the Airport Extreme and the AppleTV is not clear to me. The limiting source would seem to be the bit rate of the files in iTunes - but perhaps I am missing something. Perhaps there is a difference in DA converters - though that too would seem strange, but with the use of the Digital Optical Out I would think that there should be no difference.
But certainly better to know about it before I buy the device and get it set up - appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.
- Asked by Dan R from Superior
- Jul 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV)
Can audio from iMac music library be played through my iPad?
Wireless audio from iMac itunes library to play on iPad?
- Asked by David D from Toronto
- Oct 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can audio from iMac music library be played through my iPad?)
Will it play music from my itunes to my bose wave system wirelessly?
- Asked by Kathy W from Phillips
- Nov 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it play music from my itunes to my bose wave system wirelessly?)
Does Airport Express have the capability to receive bluetooth signals?
want to hook up my airport express to my Sonos Play 5 to play from a device
- Asked by Scott F from New York
- Nov 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Express have the capability to receive bluetooth signals?)
If I plug in my speakers (amp to old school speaker) to the jack can I airplay audio to Airport from Mac and iPhone and have it play through them?
Basically I have a small set up in my room of an old sony amp and goodmans speakers, the amp has rca connections on the back so I do a simple 3/4" jack to rca and plug it into my iPhone or Mac and it works fine. What I want to be able to do is to play audio, via airplay i'm assuming, to the AirPort Express, have it output through the jack socket on the rear and play though my setup as it would as usual.
Hope this makes sense.
Can I play audio from samsung TV via airport express to built in surround system
i have airport express hard wired to built in surround speakers to pick up music from iPad, iPhone etc. can I output sound from my samsung smart TV to the surround speakers via airport express over wifi? Do I need software on tv?
- Asked by Alex D
- Jan 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I play audio from samsung TV via airport express to built in surround system)
Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?
I already have a wireless router, and wired printer. I want to extend my wireless range, and I also want to be able to turn my wired printer into a wireless one, along with my wired speakers into wireless speakers. Is this possible?
- Asked by Xavier S from Washington
- Oct 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?)
Can my Playstation 3 connect to the airport express and support the game play?
- Asked by Brock H from Prairie View
- Oct 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can my Playstation 3 connect to the airport express and support the game play?)
Can i connect my computer without wifi directlly to the AirPort Express network LAN port and watch on my Apple TV as iTunes files?
That my personal computer is not WiFi, and I want to connect by lan cable to the airport express. Thanks.