Similar questions from the community
can airport steam music from my mac
- Asked by Bruce V from Kailua
- Sep 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can airport steam music from my mac)
No answers yet
Can the Airport Express be connected to a Bose Wave radio to heard the music from my iPhone?
My intention is to stream the music in my I-Mac or I-Phone to my Bose Wave radio which has an input stereo mini audio jack using the Airport Express. Will it be possible? Which audio cable should I buy? Thanks a lot for your help.
- Asked by Fernando D from Weston
- Aug 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express be connected to a Bose Wave radio to heard the music from my iPhone?)
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
Can music be streamed from sources other than iTunes like Pandora?
My current set up is using a stereo Fm transmitter. I am able to listen to music all over my property wherever i have a sound system equiped with a tuner. With my IPhone plugged in, I can listen to Pandora, Internet radio stations or iTunes. I can also listen to XM radio when plugged in.
The only thing I do not like is the sound quality; there is a constant low frequency hum in the background.
I am willing to purchase an Extreme for each sound system but if i am limited to itunes and cannot steam Pandora, XM or Internet radio, it is not worth it.
- Asked by Joey G from Beebe Plain
- Aug 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can music be streamed from sources other than iTunes like Pandora?)
Can I play music through a soundlink air speaker at the same time as a separate speaker attached to an airport express?
- Asked by Craig W from Lawrence
- Nov 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I play music through a soundlink air speaker at the same time as a separate speaker attached to an airport express?)
I want to stream music to different areas of my house, simultaneously from 1 apple device. (macbook or iphone)
I have been able to stream music from itunes and spotify through a hifi connected to my TV through apple TV.
I've also been able to send sound to 2 outputs from my mac. The 3.5mm output on it and apple TV however the sound is out of sync by half a second or so.
If I bought an apple airport express, could I use this and apple TV to play music (from spotify OR itunes) at the same time and remain in sync?
Or is there a way to correct the output time lapse between my mac's 3.5mm out and apple tv?
Is AirPort Express model A1084, (with retractable plug prongs, and an ethernet, USB, and a cable port, compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
my new iMac OSX 10.8.2 recognizes no airport devices, which only blink yellow. The network that my old iMac OSX 10.4 recognized, did not transfer to the new device at the time of purchase, and I cannot seem to establish a new network to stream music to my stereo. The airport express devices are about 2006 vintage.
- Asked by Stephen S from Portland
- Dec 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is AirPort Express model A1084, (with retractable plug prongs, and an ethernet, USB, and a cable port, compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8)
can I use airport express with sonos?
I have an imac on which I use itunes. I bought a sonos 5 but discovered later I have to transfer music from itunes/spotify to the sonos music library before I can play it on the sonos 5. If I buy an airport express, can I then play music direct from itunes to the sonos 5 without having to use the sonos library?
- Asked by Roger D
- Oct 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use airport express with sonos?)
No answers yet
Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?
I already have a wireless router, and wired printer. I want to extend my wireless range, and I also want to be able to turn my wired printer into a wireless one, along with my wired speakers into wireless speakers. Is this possible?
- Asked by Xavier S from Washington
- Oct 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?)
Will the Airport Express amplify my speakers?
I have in wall/ceiling speakers in my home. If I hook up the Airport will the Airport express amplify them when I stream music from my ipod or iphone? If not, what would you suggest?
- Asked by Kris S from Chubbuck
- Aug 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport Express amplify my speakers?)
No answers yet
Can AirPort Express be used to link devices such as iMac, iPad, AppleTV etc... WITHOUT ANY INTERNET CONNECTION?
I want to create a wireless network in my home for my apple devices, but do not want to connect them to the internet (at this stage). Will AirPort Express allow me to stream music & video held on my iMac on my TV via AppleTV?
- Asked by Tom B from Adelaide
- Feb 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can AirPort Express be used to link devices such as iMac, iPad, AppleTV etc... WITHOUT ANY INTERNET CONNECTION?)
No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?
My wife and I live in a very rural area without internet. We have a mobile share plan (with tethering) for out Iphone 4s'. I want to setup a wireless speaker network to play my itunes music around the house. Will the airport express allow this?
If I understand correctly, I will need to purchase multiple airport expresses. Let's say, 4 total, 1 for each room I want speakers in and one connected to my PC with my Itunes library? I connect each airport to a set of speakers in said rooms and I can control the itunes library from my iphone via an app from anywhere in the house, and it's all completed wireless save the connections from airport ex to speakers and pc.
please help me make sure this is clear before I go and spend $400 bucks on these pups.
- Asked by Susan M from Monroe
- Jan 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?)
If I set up the AirPort Express to extend my WiFi range can I also use the optical out on AirPort Express to airplay music to a DAC?
- Asked by David D from Glen Ellyn
- Sep 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (If I set up the AirPort Express to extend my WiFi range can I also use the optical out on AirPort Express to airplay music to a DAC?)
Airport express or apple tv
The apple Tv and Airport express are the same price but the Apple Tv does more.
Should i buy an Apple tv to stream my music to my stereo in the other room ?
Or should i buy a Airport express ?
Does the Airport express have more faetures that the Apple TV doesn't have ?
I currently have
I just want to be ablle to stream music tto the stereo's i have through my Two storry house
I just purchaced the Airport Express but i'm now thinking i should of bought another Apple TV ?
- Asked by David C from Kingsley
- May 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport express or apple tv)
connect with airplay or airport express (6) speakers connected by wires to a remote location. all speakers are ceiling mounted housed in 6 small room
WIll this work when I connect to a MacBook Air? or will I still need a seperate receiver. I'm starting a small business quickly, and my space is small, 1,200 sq ft. Spa setting, where music should sound crisp without crackling when we play classical and such. What should I do?
- Asked by Pauliina G from Salt Lake City
- Mar 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (connect with airplay or airport express (6) speakers connected by wires to a remote location. all speakers are ceiling mounted housed in 6 small room)
Can you use the Airport Express system to link to play music straight through from the Iphone to a normal hifi that only has a standard audio input?
I have a speaker system that only has an audio stereo cable input (left right stereo cable) and want to be able to play music through the wifi to this speaker set. Is this possible?
The base system doesn't seem to have the required outputs to make this happen.