Similar questions from the community
Does it basically just make your own wifi network that you can take anywhere and do you need to add anything to it or do you jut get an app connect it
Do you need any ad dons
Can you take it around
Will this allow me to get wifi anywhere or just at home ?
like can i get wifi in the road with the AirPort Express or only at home
- Asked by Joel F from Santa Cruz
- Aug 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this allow me to get wifi anywhere or just at home ?)
No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?
My wife and I live in a very rural area without internet. We have a mobile share plan (with tethering) for out Iphone 4s'. I want to setup a wireless speaker network to play my itunes music around the house. Will the airport express allow this?
If I understand correctly, I will need to purchase multiple airport expresses. Let's say, 4 total, 1 for each room I want speakers in and one connected to my PC with my Itunes library? I connect each airport to a set of speakers in said rooms and I can control the itunes library from my iphone via an app from anywhere in the house, and it's all completed wireless save the connections from airport ex to speakers and pc.
please help me make sure this is clear before I go and spend $400 bucks on these pups.
- Asked by Susan M from Monroe
- Jan 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (No internet, rural area. does the airport ex allow me to play music over the airports wifi network to speakers?)
Does this replace Wifi
Can I take this to school to set up a wifi hotspot, similar to the service on the iPhone. Ontop of that, can it act as a wifi router in my house? Basically, can I just just plug this thing in and get wifi?
- Asked by Lauren P from Seattle
- Jan 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this replace Wifi)
Do I have to have a separate modem to create my own network Internet connection or can I just set it up with my iPad?
- Asked by Andrew N from Burley
- Mar 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I have to have a separate modem to create my own network Internet connection or can I just set it up with my iPad?)
Can i connect the Airport Express wirelessly to my existing Bell modem/router thingy then have the Express its own network as-well
so they connect together wirelessly (so the Express has internet too) and then make 2 separate networks both with internet but not connected with an ethernet cable
- Asked by Spencer K from Keswick
- Apr 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect the Airport Express wirelessly to my existing Bell modem/router thingy then have the Express its own network as-well)
2 new airport express, 1 avr, 1 stereo receiver
Can i make this configuration?
1. First Airport express connected to my dlink router via wan port.
2. Second airport express extending the First Express wifi network without ethernet cable.
3. Connect at the second airport express my denon receiver through it´s LAN port so i can manage my receiver with it´s own app.
4. Connect the first airport express with a stereo cable to a stereo receiver to airplay.
- Asked by Francisco M from Norden
- Sep 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (2 new airport express, 1 avr, 1 stereo receiver)
No answers yet
Are a modem and/or router a necessity in order to setup the express, or can it be run as its own, individual wifi signal?
The place where I want the express is a far distance in my house from the router & modem. In order for the express to work, can I just plug it into an outlet and connect my computer/ios devices to it, or do I have to have it connected to the modem/router to use it?
- Asked by Dustin R from Haworth
- Aug 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Are a modem and/or router a necessity in order to setup the express, or can it be run as its own, individual wifi signal?)
how many airport express are needed for home network
I have a motorola router from my cable provider plus an airport express. I just bought apple tv and get a slow and poor signal. what do i need to do?
- Asked by Karen H from New Berlin
- Dec 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (how many airport express are needed for home network)
With the AirPort Express Base Station can I get Wifi anywhere with my Ipad mini?
- Asked by Joshua D from Bolingbrook
- Apr 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (With the AirPort Express Base Station can I get Wifi anywhere with my Ipad mini?)
Can I use this to improve my wifi around my house?
My modem is down stairs and I have a lot of trouble connecting all of my devices such as laptop, PS3, Xbox to my wireless network. I'm two floors above my modem will this help me get a better connection.
- Asked by Luke W
- Dec 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to improve my wifi around my house?)
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
Does this generate its own Wi-Fi for apple products?
I have a router for my internet at home but the WiFi for that is no longer compatible with my iPhone, without WiFi I get bad service in my house. Will this help me?
- Asked by D'naija T from Glassboro
- Oct 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this generate its own Wi-Fi for apple products?)
Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?
I currently have an airport extreme, which is very good at getting range throughout my very long unit (about 30 meters.)
I have my TV, XBOX, PC down one end.. and my iMac is down the other end. I had the Extreme set up in the middle of the house. So it turns out, my xbox360 along with the NBA App wont give me HD unless its plugged in, even if the wireless Extreme unit is sitting 5 inches away from the XBOX360 (I tested this). Highlights work fine, but actual games - na.
So I though I would move the extreme in the room with the XBOX 360 etc in it..
Anyway, surprisingly, down the other end of the house, the iMac works on the internet fine! The iPhone 5 also works well.(checked with speediest and can confirm that the iphone lost less than 10% at the end of the house! impressive :-) ) BUT when I look at the iMac network connection, it says the transmit signal is only 27 down from around 217. The internet is fine, but youtube has taken a hit.
My dilemma then, is that I need the printer connected to a wireless device so everything including our laptops can print. I also would not mind extending the range back out for the iMac.
So I am considering the Express to put in the middle of the house.
1) If I have my modem plugged into the extreme, I assume I can use the express as an extender?
2) Can I plug the printer into the Extender, or in this case, the little express which will be used as an extender?
I sort of dont want the printer near the TV due to room issues, and would like to bring back the super quickness of the internet to the iMac.. Im not so fussed about the internet for the iMac, as its only YouTube which has taken a hit, everything else works great, which is amazing at such a long range. (almost 100 feet)
- Asked by Dennis K from Mosman
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?)
i already have comcast wifi can i add airport express just to an iPad?
- Asked by Gayle L from The Villages
- Dec 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (i already have comcast wifi can i add airport express just to an iPad?)
Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy
I have a wifi network in my house, powered by a wireless router next to my telephone socket.
In a totally different room, I have some ipod speakers and a sky box next to each other. The existing wifi signal is strong here.
What I want to do is:
1) Play music from iPhone iTunes over wifi to the existing speakers and
2) Connect my sky box to the internet via its Ethernet port.
Can I do this using a AirPort Express Base Station?
- Asked by William J
- Jun 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy)
I am running an Airport Time Capsule along with an Airport Extreme to extend my wireless network in my home. I have a fish tank control module (Neptune's Apex Controller) that I would like to add to my wireless network. This product does not have wireless capabilities, but you can connect it to a wireless game adaptor and go wireless from there? Would an additional airport express work for me?
- Asked by Joe C from Rehoboth
- Aug 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (network extender)
No answers yet
do i need an Airport Express for each device, ie. HDTV, BLURAY PLAYER, MAC?
I am considering getting Apple TV, want to know what all I need to set up my own network. Also, to watch local TV do I still need cable service?
- Asked by Debbie C from Sugarloaf
- Apr 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need an Airport Express for each device, ie. HDTV, BLURAY PLAYER, MAC?)