Similar questions from the community
Will the Airport Express amplify my speakers?
I have in wall/ceiling speakers in my home. If I hook up the Airport will the Airport express amplify them when I stream music from my ipod or iphone? If not, what would you suggest?
- Asked by Kris S from Chubbuck
- Aug 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport Express amplify my speakers?)
No answers yet
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
I want to stream music to different areas of my house, simultaneously from 1 apple device. (macbook or iphone)
I have been able to stream music from itunes and spotify through a hifi connected to my TV through apple TV.
I've also been able to send sound to 2 outputs from my mac. The 3.5mm output on it and apple TV however the sound is out of sync by half a second or so.
If I bought an apple airport express, could I use this and apple TV to play music (from spotify OR itunes) at the same time and remain in sync?
Or is there a way to correct the output time lapse between my mac's 3.5mm out and apple tv?
Airport express or apple tv
The apple Tv and Airport express are the same price but the Apple Tv does more.
Should i buy an Apple tv to stream my music to my stereo in the other room ?
Or should i buy a Airport express ?
Does the Airport express have more faetures that the Apple TV doesn't have ?
I currently have
I just want to be ablle to stream music tto the stereo's i have through my Two storry house
I just purchaced the Airport Express but i'm now thinking i should of bought another Apple TV ?
- Asked by David C from Kingsley
- May 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport express or apple tv)
Can the Airport Express be connected to a Bose Wave radio to heard the music from my iPhone?
My intention is to stream the music in my I-Mac or I-Phone to my Bose Wave radio which has an input stereo mini audio jack using the Airport Express. Will it be possible? Which audio cable should I buy? Thanks a lot for your help.
- Asked by Fernando D from Weston
- Aug 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express be connected to a Bose Wave radio to heard the music from my iPhone?)
Can I use an AirPort Express with a WD 6TB My Book Thunderbolt Duo Dual-Drive Storage System and a Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter?
To stream music using iTunes. Both when iMac is on and using iPhone or iPad when iMac is off.
will time capsule and airport express will extend my wifi? first generation time capsule and first generation airport express?
- Asked by Jose Jr. Q from Daly City
- Oct 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will time capsule and airport express will extend my wifi? first generation time capsule and first generation airport express?)
Does it expand a wireless signal/range, other than Airport, time capsule or airport express?
I use a Q1000 modem for CenturyLink and was wondering if it can expand the wireless range on this model.
- Asked by Chris P from Herriman
- Jun 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it expand a wireless signal/range, other than Airport, time capsule or airport express?)
This new airport express, isn't this what my Time Capsule already does and if different, how so? Thanks
New Air Port Express vs. Time Capsule
- Asked by Donna B from Uncasville
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (This new airport express, isn't this what my Time Capsule already does and if different, how so? Thanks)
Does the new 2T time capsule replace the airport express base station?
- Asked by Roman L from Edmonton
- Jan 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new 2T time capsule replace the airport express base station?)
can i stream audio from the internet to my airport express?
Would love it if i can stream audio from my internet sites, i.e. you tube, vimeo, radio internet. to my Airport express speakers.
I have the last generation Airport, where I cannot stream from net.
However, I phones can...
Does this one do it?
- Asked by Witty J A from Pacoima
- Nov 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can i stream audio from the internet to my airport express?)
WILL THIS WORK ON IPHONE 4
I have an iPhone 4 and cannot stream movies from the internet at my office. Will this Airport Express work?
- Asked by Lee B from Towson
- Oct 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (WILL THIS WORK ON IPHONE 4)
No answers yet
Can the Airport Express Base Station with the IPhone 5
I have a new IPhone 5 and would like to know if this item is compatible or will work with the new IPhone 5 I just purchased? I don't always have WiFi access in my office at work so I'd like to stream Pandora internet radio to my IPhone5 so I can listen to it. Thanks.
- Asked by Norah S from Huntington Beach
- Oct 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express Base Station with the IPhone 5)
Is AirPort Express model A1084, (with retractable plug prongs, and an ethernet, USB, and a cable port, compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8
my new iMac OSX 10.8.2 recognizes no airport devices, which only blink yellow. The network that my old iMac OSX 10.4 recognized, did not transfer to the new device at the time of purchase, and I cannot seem to establish a new network to stream music to my stereo. The airport express devices are about 2006 vintage.
- Asked by Stephen S from Portland
- Dec 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is AirPort Express model A1084, (with retractable plug prongs, and an ethernet, USB, and a cable port, compatible with the Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8)
Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?
I currently use the old Airport Express to extend my wireless network broadcasted from my Time Capsule 2nd generation.
Unfortunately, the room I have my Airport Express in, which has poor service to the Time Capsule directly, is not always within working range.
If I upgraded my Airport Express to the newer unit, should I expect to see a NOTICEABLE improvement in coverage range?
I'm specifically asking those users who have used both; do you notice a significant improvement worthy of spending $100 on upgrading my device, keeping in mind this is really only so I can get strong WiFi extended from my Time Capsule and have it more reliable than the extended signal I currently have from the older Airport Express.
- Asked by Michael F from Fair Lawn
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?)