Similar questions from the community
Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?
I use SketchUp and use a two-button and scroll-wheel/button mouse. The center wheel controls zoom, but is also a button and when clicked controls orbit/pan/etc. Major workflow requirement. Does the Magicpad emulate this in any way?
ALSO! Majorly important for using the pad with one hand.. My Win laptop has a feature/option (in accessibility options, I believe) that allows you to double-tap to grab a window or object, and the grab locks the click-down action until you click a second time to release it. i.e. You can double tap to start a drag, then pick up your finger and move the item as necessary, then tap again to finish the move. no need to hold your thumb and twist your hand around to move the other finger. I use this a lot. Is this an option as well?
- Asked by Don E from Portland
- Jun 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?)
Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands
On the MBP which has the same trackpad, I have to click on one corner with my finger of one hand and with my other hand I can drag either to highlight several items or drag and drop items or both. If you look the TrackPad options in the System Preference... it is called Secondary Click under One Finger. The reason I ask is the location of the trackpad would be on the right or left of the keyboard rather than in front if it were to replace the mouse. How does one achieve the Secondary Click with one hand?
- Asked by Brad K from Maple Grove
- Jul 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands)
Can it have BOTH custom right click AND custom double click (in addition to single click)?
My main application requires lots of left button clicking, double clicking and right button clicking. These are variously combined with dragging. You can imagine the many different combinations not possible (or very tiring) with a standard mouse. I'm currently using the four-button Kensington Turbo Mouse. Would the MTP be a good replacement?
- Asked by Kenneth C from Rodeo
- Mar 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it have BOTH custom right click AND custom double click (in addition to single click)?)
Is there a Button 3/Scroll Ball feature?
Will this Magic Trackpad work with CAD/3D Modeling apps to provide Orbit and Zoom In/Out functionality, same as the Button 3/Scroll-ball with standard mouse? This is why I had to return the Magic Mouse. Being able to quickly orbit about models and zoom in/out with the middle button/track-ball instead of clicking on the tool is a major time saver and far easier to perform.
- Asked by Darryl R from San Clemente
- Sep 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a Button 3/Scroll Ball feature?)
Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?
Based on my research - pinch/zoom, other advanced multi-touch functions are gone but simple click to select & pointer functions work. But can I still use tap to select? Vertical &/or Horizontal Scroll? Adjust tap sensitivity & cursor speed?
Need trackpad instead of a mouse to deal with RSI (repetitive stress injury on click finger) – there aren’t that many to pick from & have really mixed reviews. No doubt this one is the best for mac, but not sure about in Windows. I don't need the most advanced functions, but have to be able to switch to the tap to select and adjust some basic sensitivity settings.
I went to the store to ask but the people there didn't even know there was a driver out for PC / Windows...Please help!
- Asked by Heather B from The Woodlands
- Jul 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?)
Can the Lion trackpad gestures be used with a CAD program? (i.e. what is the equivalent gesture to pressing down on the scroll wheel to pan?)
- Asked by Pierre B from Sherrington
- Nov 9, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Lion trackpad gestures be used with a CAD program? (i.e. what is the equivalent gesture to pressing down on the scroll wheel to pan?))
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse
do you need two hands to operate like the mbp.
With the mbp you need two hands to operate it correctly. What about the new trackpad when you click and drag an icon can you do this with one hand like you can with a mouse (one hand).
- Asked by Paul F from Maribyrnong
- Aug 10, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need two hands to operate like the mbp.)
Customizing the gestures on Magic Trackpad - Can I change the pinch function to close a window rather than its usual function (Launch Pad?
I open and close multiple windows of Safari, & PDFs during my work day. It would be nice to be able to just use the pinch function to close the window rather than drag the finger across the track pad to find the little red button at the top left hand corner of the window and click it. In short can we customize the gestures on the track pad?
Thanks in Advance!
- Asked by Venunath M from Bartlett
- Oct 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Customizing the gestures on Magic Trackpad - Can I change the pinch function to close a window rather than its usual function (Launch Pad?)
What's this like for use on the arm of a sofa or cushion?
Especially when clicking/dragging/swiping/etc? Normally I use the one on the Macbook, but I sometimes plug the MacBook Pro into the TV and use a mouse/keyboard on my knee/leg/sofa! This Magic Trackpad might be far better, and at least I'd be able to swipe between spaces easier than my current middle mouse button to Mission Control shortcut. But equally it's quite expensive and it's not my normal usage scenario so I want to be very sure it'll click fine and really work nicely as I can't justify it if it's not that much better than my £5 mouse!
- Asked by Philip H
- Aug 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What's this like for use on the arm of a sofa or cushion?)
Can a click be reprogrammed?
For example, when you do a normal click (or tap) on the track pad, instead of doing what a normal click (or tap) does, I want it to mimic a key stroke? More specifically the space button?
- Asked by Ejay U from Wahiawa
- May 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a click be reprogrammed?)
No answers yet
Does it provide 3 button functionality for X11 (left, middle, right)?
X11 users need left, middle and right clicks.
The mighty mouse does not provide this intrinsically;
you have to install an application like MagicPrefs.
Does the Magic Trackpad support it?
- Asked by Jeffrey F from Ann Arbor
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it provide 3 button functionality for X11 (left, middle, right)?)
At the store I found the track pad hard to click and once clicked I could no longer move my finger. Is the pressure needed to click it adjustable?
- Asked by Russell H from Glastonbury
- Aug 7, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (At the store I found the track pad hard to click and once clicked I could no longer move my finger. Is the pressure needed to click it adjustable?)
resizing screen with trackpad
I can't figure out how to resize my screen using the trackpad like I can using the mouse by clicking on the bottom right hand corner and moving the mouse. Anyone know how to do this with the trackpad?
- Asked by Jill B from The Villages
- Jan 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (resizing screen with trackpad)
Does the magic trackpad work better than the magic mouse?
My magic mouse is terrible. Right-clicking is a nightmare, and the battery power is weak. I always need to re-charge the batteries.
- Asked by Nicolaas S from Rumford
- Jan 13, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the magic trackpad work better than the magic mouse?)
Can you turn off right click capability on a magic trackpad?
I am left-handed and would like to disable the right-click feature of my Magic Trackpad. Is there a way to do this?
- Asked by Mitch M from Goodlettsville
- May 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you turn off right click capability on a magic trackpad?)