Similar questions from the community
Whatt about ergonomics? Will the Trackpad help relieve stress to my wrist, forearm and shoulder? Anyone has FIRST HAND experience?
Can it be rotated 180 degrees? This may alleviate some wrist strain complaints.
If the higher point was under the wrist, you would not have to hold your hand prone. The current angle would put too much stress on my wrist.
- Asked by Damon R from San Diego
- Mar 4, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be rotated 180 degrees? This may alleviate some wrist strain complaints.)
does anyone have experience of a magic mouse scrolling thru pages in InDesign (pretty much) on it's own? this trackpad may be just what we need!
trackpad with InDesign
- Asked by James B from Teddington
- Jul 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (does anyone have experience of a magic mouse scrolling thru pages in InDesign (pretty much) on it's own? this trackpad may be just what we need!)
resizing screen with trackpad
I can't figure out how to resize my screen using the trackpad like I can using the mouse by clicking on the bottom right hand corner and moving the mouse. Anyone know how to do this with the trackpad?
- Asked by Jill B from The Villages
- Jan 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (resizing screen with trackpad)
will magic trackpad work for left hand?
In other words, will it recognize all the gestures when done reversed with the left hand?
- Asked by Richard B from Camarillo
- May 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will magic trackpad work for left hand?)
Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?
Based on my research - pinch/zoom, other advanced multi-touch functions are gone but simple click to select & pointer functions work. But can I still use tap to select? Vertical &/or Horizontal Scroll? Adjust tap sensitivity & cursor speed?
Need trackpad instead of a mouse to deal with RSI (repetitive stress injury on click finger) – there aren’t that many to pick from & have really mixed reviews. No doubt this one is the best for mac, but not sure about in Windows. I don't need the most advanced functions, but have to be able to switch to the tap to select and adjust some basic sensitivity settings.
I went to the store to ask but the people there didn't even know there was a driver out for PC / Windows...Please help!
- Asked by Heather B from The Woodlands
- Jul 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?)
do you need two hands to operate like the mbp.
With the mbp you need two hands to operate it correctly. What about the new trackpad when you click and drag an icon can you do this with one hand like you can with a mouse (one hand).
- Asked by Paul F from Maribyrnong
- Aug 10, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need two hands to operate like the mbp.)
Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands
On the MBP which has the same trackpad, I have to click on one corner with my finger of one hand and with my other hand I can drag either to highlight several items or drag and drop items or both. If you look the TrackPad options in the System Preference... it is called Secondary Click under One Finger. The reason I ask is the location of the trackpad would be on the right or left of the keyboard rather than in front if it were to replace the mouse. How does one achieve the Secondary Click with one hand?
- Asked by Brad K from Maple Grove
- Jul 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands)
Locking a Magic Trackpad
Does anyone know of a way to secure a Magic Trackpad? I am wanting to use one for work, but am not sure how to secure it to my desk to make sure someone doesn't steal it. Is there a way to do this?
- Asked by Luke S from Aloha
- Jul 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Locking a Magic Trackpad)
No answers yet
can I buy a protector for the trackpad?
My cursor is jumping around while trying to use my track pad. I read I can use a teflon appliqué to help this. Do you sell these?
- Asked by Diane S from Livermore
- Aug 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I buy a protector for the trackpad?)
No answers yet
when setting up mac mini can I use trackpad instead of a mouse or do I need to use a mouse at first during initial set up and connect trackpad after ?
Can you turn off right click capability on a magic trackpad?
I am left-handed and would like to disable the right-click feature of my Magic Trackpad. Is there a way to do this?
- Asked by Mitch M from Goodlettsville
- May 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you turn off right click capability on a magic trackpad?)
Is it possible to adjust the trackpad for touch size?
I have large fingers from working many years with my hands in manual trades. My fingers are also not as flexible as they once were. The problem is that the trackpad interprets my touch as a double touch about half the time. I am often getting information menus or unexpected results when I drag and click on something, instead of the single touch drag or click response. This is especially a problem editing photos in iPhoto. This should be correctable - i..e. the trackpad should "learn" a user's finger touch size and adapt, but it does not, and I have not found a way to make it do so. The suggestions I received from Apple store geniuses are always that I need to arch my fingers more. Not possible for me. Is there any other solution?
- Asked by David E from Corral De Tierra
- Nov 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to adjust the trackpad for touch size?)
Does Trackpad work on 2 different OSX connected to the same iMac?
I did install an external HDD with a second OSX. I notice the trackpad works on the OSX which discovered it first. It can not be coupled through both envirronements
- Asked by Thierry S
- May 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Trackpad work on 2 different OSX connected to the same iMac?)
is magic trackpad compatible with a mac book pro?
I am planning on buying a mac book pro or an imac. I need to know if magic trackpad works for mac book pro because it would be really useful to help me decide.
- Asked by Dan B
- Jan 7, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (is magic trackpad compatible with a mac book pro?)