Similar questions from the community
Is new tarckpadcompatible with iMac G5 running OS X.5.4?
- Asked by Edward W Z from Colorado Springs
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is new tarckpadcompatible with iMac G5 running OS X.5.4?)
Can I use the apple magic trackpad on a Power PC G5 running OSX 5.4.1
- Asked by Don C from Santa Fe
- May 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the apple magic trackpad on a Power PC G5 running OSX 5.4.1)
I frequently run windows on my imac, will the trackpad work on windows?
I'm an engineer and my simulators often don't work on OSX. I'd really like the functionality of the trackpad on my circuit simulators.
- Asked by Andrew D from Colorado Springs
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I frequently run windows on my imac, will the trackpad work on windows?)
Would this work with my iMac OS X version 10.5.8?
I would like to purchase the MagicTrack in order to control my desktop display on my TV screen.
- Asked by Agustin A from Turlock
- Sep 8, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Would this work with my iMac OS X version 10.5.8?)
can it work for an older powerbook g4
I'd like to buy either or both a magic mouse and a magic trackpad. I have a new I mac 27", an older imac 21", an older powerbook g4 and also an ibook. I'd like to find some new gear that will work for all of the above. is this possible and if so what OS and Bluetooth OS do I need on each of them.
Thanks immensely in advance.
jonny apple seed
- Asked by Brian K from Los Angeles
- Sep 14, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can it work for an older powerbook g4)
I have an iMac 24 with OS X 10.5.8. I was advised that I could use a Track Pad but it doesn't install. Any ideas?
I understand that I need OS X 10.6 or above? Is that correct? How do I get OS X 10.6 or higher? I have tried your Support Downloads but cannot find the right version.
- Asked by Stephen W from Little Brickhill
- Jan 25, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an iMac 24 with OS X 10.5.8. I was advised that I could use a Track Pad but it doesn't install. Any ideas?)
I have an iMac 24" from 2008, a keyboard, a mouse but no track pad. When upgrading to Mac OS LION will I need to buy the Magic Track Pad ?
Simplest way to switch between a MAC and IMAC using 1 Trackpad?
I have maxed out my MACPRO using 6 displays. I have a 7th display running an IMAC in the center of the 6 displays. I'd like to be able to use the Trackpad on the center IMAC but switching between MACPRO and IMAC needs to be effortless.
Is this possible?
- Asked by Thomas E
- Sep 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Simplest way to switch between a MAC and IMAC using 1 Trackpad?)
Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?
I am currently running a stock 21.5 " i5 iMac 4GB RAM and notice that I only max out about 2.50 Gb or so memory when multitasking and using the system normally.
I recently purchased a magic trackpad which I have had replaced by Apple as my old one was faulty and have found that in one spot of the trackpad I get slight cursor delay.
This was the exact same problem (there were other problems also with my old one) that happened with my previous trackpad so I'm starting to think this now must be a software fault.
Unless there are any issues with mountain lion (I'm running the latest version) that I'm not aware of the only other explanation I can think of is the RAM.
Would RAM have an effect on cursor delay on a trackpad? I find it hard to believe I've had two trackpads with the same issue and it has been in the exact same place (In the bottom right hand corner of the pad)
Would upgrading my RAM to 8GB have any effect?
Any thoughts on the issue?
(I was also thinking it may be related to the notification centre gesture in some way as you have to swipe with two fingers from the right to active this)
- Asked by Jonathan H
- Oct 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?)
Would the Magic Mouse work with Microstation (Run via Bootcamp/ Parallel)?
Hello reader, I am Architecture student and will be buying a MacBook Pro Retina 15" very soon (If I wanted a PC I would have bought one so please don't comment on that).
I use Microstation for some of my design work and will be using Parallel or Bootcamp to run this program on my MBPR, I want to get a Magic Mouse but I do not know if the controls or gestures will work with the program i.e. panning around an object in 3D. I called Bentley Support (The software producers of Microstation) and they said oddly enough told me it hadn't been tested before. So if you have been or know of someone in this situation I would be most grateful if you could let me know if the controls on the Magic Mouse work with Microstation or if I need to get a mouse with a scroll wheel.
Furthermore if I do need to get a standard mouse w/ scroll wheel what would you recommend? It can be within the same budget as the magic mouse but has to be wireless (Bluetooth preferred), ergonomic and well designed. Thank you all for taking your time to read this rather lengthy description and I do look forward to hopeful helpful comments.
Oh and have a wonderful New Year!
- Asked by Samson E
- Dec 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Would the Magic Mouse work with Microstation (Run via Bootcamp/ Parallel)?)
will the magic trackpad work with my mac running tiger
i have an older mac and limited computer abilities, do i have to upgrade my tiger to a leopard system or will the track pad work with the tiger
- Asked by Marc P from Haddonfield
- Aug 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (will the magic trackpad work with my mac running tiger)
how do you enable buetooth on an IMAC to use the Magic trackpad?
- Asked by Raymond S from Woburn
- Nov 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you enable buetooth on an IMAC to use the Magic trackpad?)
does it work with OS 10.5.8
My MacPro uses OS 10.5.8.
I seem to need 10.6.4 to use the magic trackpad I bought.
How do I update the Mac OS?
- Asked by Pat B
- Mar 14, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (does it work with OS 10.5.8)