Similar questions from the community
Do the multi-touch features of the Magic Trackpad work on older iMac 24/SD models? I have purchased iMac Dec. 2007, that was Mac OSX 10.5.8 at time?
Sales person sold Magic trackpad to me yesterday, but I am not able to see my iMac have anyway to make this work, please advise?
Do the multi-touch features of the Magic Trackpad work on older MacBook models?
I have a Late 2007 MacBook (3,1) and I've always been interested in the multi-touch gestures featured in the later models, such as using 3 and 4-finger dragging or inertia scrolling, and my interest has risen even greater with the prominent use of them in OS X Lion. So I was wondering whether it is possible to use these multi-touch gestures if I bought a Magic Trackpad. Would these 3 and 4 finger gestures now work with my MacBook using the Magic Trackpad, or is it just impossible to access these functions without upgrading to a later Mac model? I have 10.6.6 currently, so I assume that I already have that Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.0 installed. Thanks in advance.
- Asked by Ivo M
- Jun 11, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the multi-touch features of the Magic Trackpad work on older MacBook models?)
Can I upgrade my operating system from 10.5.8 to 10.6.4 on my imac get the trackpad to wrok
I have an Imac 8.1 with bluetooth and intel core 2 duo. Will 10.6.4 work on my computer so I can get the magic trackpad?
- Asked by Sabra F from Honolulu
- Aug 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upgrade my operating system from 10.5.8 to 10.6.4 on my imac get the trackpad to wrok)
does it work with OS 10.5.8
My MacPro uses OS 10.5.8.
I seem to need 10.6.4 to use the magic trackpad I bought.
How do I update the Mac OS?
- Asked by Pat B
- Mar 14, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (does it work with OS 10.5.8)
can i use it with my imac? OSX 10.5.8
- Asked by Virgilio A from New York
- Jan 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use it with my imac? OSX 10.5.8)
Would this work with my iMac OS X version 10.5.8?
I would like to purchase the MagicTrack in order to control my desktop display on my TV screen.
- Asked by Agustin A from Turlock
- Sep 8, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Would this work with my iMac OS X version 10.5.8?)
can it work for an older powerbook g4
I'd like to buy either or both a magic mouse and a magic trackpad. I have a new I mac 27", an older imac 21", an older powerbook g4 and also an ibook. I'd like to find some new gear that will work for all of the above. is this possible and if so what OS and Bluetooth OS do I need on each of them.
Thanks immensely in advance.
jonny apple seed
- Asked by Brian K from Los Angeles
- Sep 14, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can it work for an older powerbook g4)
is magic trackpad compatible with a mac book pro?
I am planning on buying a mac book pro or an imac. I need to know if magic trackpad works for mac book pro because it would be really useful to help me decide.
- Asked by Dan B
- Jan 7, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (is magic trackpad compatible with a mac book pro?)
Does Trackpad work on 2 different OSX connected to the same iMac?
I did install an external HDD with a second OSX. I notice the trackpad works on the OSX which discovered it first. It can not be coupled through both envirronements
- Asked by Thierry S
- May 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Trackpad work on 2 different OSX connected to the same iMac?)
Work on the old PCPower Mini? (the Magic Trackpad)
I have the old PowerPc Mini (Intel came out just three weeks later--ugh!!)
Now, may I use the Magic Trackpad with this mini? I believe I have OS 10.5.8 but not 10.6--is that a problem? DV
- Asked by Doreen V from Irvine
- Jul 24, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Work on the old PCPower Mini? (the Magic Trackpad))
will the magic trackpad work with my mac running tiger
i have an older mac and limited computer abilities, do i have to upgrade my tiger to a leopard system or will the track pad work with the tiger
- Asked by Marc P from Haddonfield
- Aug 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (will the magic trackpad work with my mac running tiger)
I frequently run windows on my imac, will the trackpad work on windows?
I'm an engineer and my simulators often don't work on OSX. I'd really like the functionality of the trackpad on my circuit simulators.
- Asked by Andrew D from Colorado Springs
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I frequently run windows on my imac, will the trackpad work on windows?)
Is there a Button 3/Scroll Ball feature?
Will this Magic Trackpad work with CAD/3D Modeling apps to provide Orbit and Zoom In/Out functionality, same as the Button 3/Scroll-ball with standard mouse? This is why I had to return the Magic Mouse. Being able to quickly orbit about models and zoom in/out with the middle button/track-ball instead of clicking on the tool is a major time saver and far easier to perform.
- Asked by Darryl R from San Clemente
- Sep 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a Button 3/Scroll Ball feature?)
pinch to zoom with firefox
TYPE OF SYSTEM: Macbook Pro, OSX V 10.5.8
My pinch and zoom function works fine with Safari. Is there a way to enable this feature in Firefox?
- Asked by Gene D from Tampa
- Feb 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (pinch to zoom with firefox)
No answers yet
how do you enable buetooth on an IMAC to use the Magic trackpad?
- Asked by Raymond S from Woburn
- Nov 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you enable buetooth on an IMAC to use the Magic trackpad?)
Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?
Based on my research - pinch/zoom, other advanced multi-touch functions are gone but simple click to select & pointer functions work. But can I still use tap to select? Vertical &/or Horizontal Scroll? Adjust tap sensitivity & cursor speed?
Need trackpad instead of a mouse to deal with RSI (repetitive stress injury on click finger) – there aren’t that many to pick from & have really mixed reviews. No doubt this one is the best for mac, but not sure about in Windows. I don't need the most advanced functions, but have to be able to switch to the tap to select and adjust some basic sensitivity settings.
I went to the store to ask but the people there didn't even know there was a driver out for PC / Windows...Please help!
- Asked by Heather B from The Woodlands
- Jul 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?)