Similar questions from the community
Is it possible to enable a CTRL-click option with the magic trackpad?
I mean to get the context menu without having to actually hold down the CTRL key (right-click in WNDWS)
- Asked by Osvaldo G from Santa Clara
- Jul 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to enable a CTRL-click option with the magic trackpad?)
Does "Pinch Open & Close" work for documents and folders in the Finder?
I know that this duplicates double-clicking (or optionally double-tapping). Nevertheless, it would be nice if this would work. Not sure what else could be opened and closed, besides pictures in iPhoto?
- Asked by Stefan L from Chicago
- Nov 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does "Pinch Open & Close" work for documents and folders in the Finder?)
Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?
I use SketchUp and use a two-button and scroll-wheel/button mouse. The center wheel controls zoom, but is also a button and when clicked controls orbit/pan/etc. Major workflow requirement. Does the Magicpad emulate this in any way?
ALSO! Majorly important for using the pad with one hand.. My Win laptop has a feature/option (in accessibility options, I believe) that allows you to double-tap to grab a window or object, and the grab locks the click-down action until you click a second time to release it. i.e. You can double tap to start a drag, then pick up your finger and move the item as necessary, then tap again to finish the move. no need to hold your thumb and twist your hand around to move the other finger. I use this a lot. Is this an option as well?
- Asked by Don E from Portland
- Jun 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?)
Can trackpad be programed to track with two fingers
At 60yo my fingers are not as nimble as they once were. I'm really having trouble tracking with one finger and would like to know if there is a way to configure to reverse the one and two finger options?
- Asked by Stuart C from Fort Morgan
- Nov 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can trackpad be programed to track with two fingers)
Is there one-touch access to spaces/windows like the Mighty Mouse could with the side and center push capability?
I currently am still with my Mighty Mouse. I very often use the side buttons and center-push option to access all of my windows and spaces quickly while doing data transfer/processing. Is there a way to program this quick access to windows and spaces into the trackpad, aside from using the active screen corners? I think that is the only thing I'll miss about my mouse.
- Asked by Jessica O from Sterling
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there one-touch access to spaces/windows like the Mighty Mouse could with the side and center push capability?)
Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands
On the MBP which has the same trackpad, I have to click on one corner with my finger of one hand and with my other hand I can drag either to highlight several items or drag and drop items or both. If you look the TrackPad options in the System Preference... it is called Secondary Click under One Finger. The reason I ask is the location of the trackpad would be on the right or left of the keyboard rather than in front if it were to replace the mouse. How does one achieve the Secondary Click with one hand?
- Asked by Brad K from Maple Grove
- Jul 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands)