Similar questions from the community
Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?
I use SketchUp and use a two-button and scroll-wheel/button mouse. The center wheel controls zoom, but is also a button and when clicked controls orbit/pan/etc. Major workflow requirement. Does the Magicpad emulate this in any way?
ALSO! Majorly important for using the pad with one hand.. My Win laptop has a feature/option (in accessibility options, I believe) that allows you to double-tap to grab a window or object, and the grab locks the click-down action until you click a second time to release it. i.e. You can double tap to start a drag, then pick up your finger and move the item as necessary, then tap again to finish the move. no need to hold your thumb and twist your hand around to move the other finger. I use this a lot. Is this an option as well?
- Asked by Don E from Portland
- Jun 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?)
Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?
Based on my research - pinch/zoom, other advanced multi-touch functions are gone but simple click to select & pointer functions work. But can I still use tap to select? Vertical &/or Horizontal Scroll? Adjust tap sensitivity & cursor speed?
Need trackpad instead of a mouse to deal with RSI (repetitive stress injury on click finger) – there aren’t that many to pick from & have really mixed reviews. No doubt this one is the best for mac, but not sure about in Windows. I don't need the most advanced functions, but have to be able to switch to the tap to select and adjust some basic sensitivity settings.
I went to the store to ask but the people there didn't even know there was a driver out for PC / Windows...Please help!
- Asked by Heather B from The Woodlands
- Jul 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?)
pinch to zoom with firefox
TYPE OF SYSTEM: Macbook Pro, OSX V 10.5.8
My pinch and zoom function works fine with Safari. Is there a way to enable this feature in Firefox?
- Asked by Gene D from Tampa
- Feb 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (pinch to zoom with firefox)
No answers yet
can you use pinch zoom with iphoto?
- Asked by Robert C from Santa Rosa
- Sep 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use pinch zoom with iphoto?)
How does the magic track pad work on applications such as Mapquest? I find the Mighty Mouse is impossible to use when zooming with Mapquest.
Zooming with maps
- Asked by Angela R from Monroe
- Jul 10, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How does the magic track pad work on applications such as Mapquest? I find the Mighty Mouse is impossible to use when zooming with Mapquest.)
can i use trackpad in minecraft
Unable to play the game Minecraft with trackpad...am i doing something wrong?
- Asked by Beverly C from East Longmeadow
- Dec 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use trackpad in minecraft)
how is a trackpad turned off?
- Asked by Jim A. D from Glen Ellen
- Jul 24, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (how is a trackpad turned off?)
Is there a Button 3/Scroll Ball feature?
Will this Magic Trackpad work with CAD/3D Modeling apps to provide Orbit and Zoom In/Out functionality, same as the Button 3/Scroll-ball with standard mouse? This is why I had to return the Magic Mouse. Being able to quickly orbit about models and zoom in/out with the middle button/track-ball instead of clicking on the tool is a major time saver and far easier to perform.
- Asked by Darryl R from San Clemente
- Sep 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a Button 3/Scroll Ball feature?)
Can you scroll up and down on the Magic Trackpad as in the powerbook trackpad?
- Asked by Adriana S from Naucalpan
- Nov 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you scroll up and down on the Magic Trackpad as in the powerbook trackpad?)