Similar questions from the community
Can you 4 finger swipe left or right to change desktops on MacBook pro
- Asked by David H from Parma Heights
- Aug 23, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you 4 finger swipe left or right to change desktops on MacBook pro)
How many fingers can the trackpad detect?
I have a macbook pro 15 inch , and I'm just curious how many fingers can the trackapds detect. I'm assuming that the trackpad on my macbook is pretty much the same as the magic trackpad.
- Asked by Veselin V from Plovdiv
- Jul 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How many fingers can the trackpad detect?)
Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands
On the MBP which has the same trackpad, I have to click on one corner with my finger of one hand and with my other hand I can drag either to highlight several items or drag and drop items or both. If you look the TrackPad options in the System Preference... it is called Secondary Click under One Finger. The reason I ask is the location of the trackpad would be on the right or left of the keyboard rather than in front if it were to replace the mouse. How does one achieve the Secondary Click with one hand?
- Asked by Brad K from Maple Grove
- Jul 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands)
can it be used left or right handed ?
need to know if it can be used on the left hand side of the keyboard as i am left handed
- Asked by Anne R
- Jul 29, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be used left or right handed ?)
Customizing the gestures on Magic Trackpad - Can I change the pinch function to close a window rather than its usual function (Launch Pad?
I open and close multiple windows of Safari, & PDFs during my work day. It would be nice to be able to just use the pinch function to close the window rather than drag the finger across the track pad to find the little red button at the top left hand corner of the window and click it. In short can we customize the gestures on the track pad?
Thanks in Advance!
- Asked by Venunath M from Bartlett
- Oct 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Customizing the gestures on Magic Trackpad - Can I change the pinch function to close a window rather than its usual function (Launch Pad?)
Does it provide 3 button functionality for X11 (left, middle, right)?
X11 users need left, middle and right clicks.
The mighty mouse does not provide this intrinsically;
you have to install an application like MagicPrefs.
Does the Magic Trackpad support it?
- Asked by Jeffrey F from Ann Arbor
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it provide 3 button functionality for X11 (left, middle, right)?)
Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?
I am currently running a stock 21.5 " i5 iMac 4GB RAM and notice that I only max out about 2.50 Gb or so memory when multitasking and using the system normally.
I recently purchased a magic trackpad which I have had replaced by Apple as my old one was faulty and have found that in one spot of the trackpad I get slight cursor delay.
This was the exact same problem (there were other problems also with my old one) that happened with my previous trackpad so I'm starting to think this now must be a software fault.
Unless there are any issues with mountain lion (I'm running the latest version) that I'm not aware of the only other explanation I can think of is the RAM.
Would RAM have an effect on cursor delay on a trackpad? I find it hard to believe I've had two trackpads with the same issue and it has been in the exact same place (In the bottom right hand corner of the pad)
Would upgrading my RAM to 8GB have any effect?
Any thoughts on the issue?
(I was also thinking it may be related to the notification centre gesture in some way as you have to swipe with two fingers from the right to active this)
- Asked by Jonathan H
- Oct 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?)
Can you turn off right click capability on a magic trackpad?
I am left-handed and would like to disable the right-click feature of my Magic Trackpad. Is there a way to do this?
- Asked by Mitch M from Goodlettsville
- May 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you turn off right click capability on a magic trackpad?)
Will it clip onto the right or left end of a keyboard, to make a one-piece input device?
I currently use an Apple wireless keyboard and mouse with a Mac mini in my multimedia system, and find that the mouse is always rolling to where it doesn't belong. It would be very cool if I could attach a keyboard and trackpad as s single unit that always stayed together.
- Asked by Graeme H from Burnaby
- Jul 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it clip onto the right or left end of a keyboard, to make a one-piece input device?)
Handwriting on the track pad?
Can a finger or pen be used to write?
- Asked by Peter M from Lakewood
- Jan 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Handwriting on the track pad?)
What do I use for cleaning the trackpad? I use iKlean for the screen, keyboard, and case of my MacBook Pro, but labeling states "avoid trackpad"
iKlean, sold in Apple stores, works great removing oily smudges from fingers, so I've also been using it on the trackpad. I'm hoping this hasn't compromised the sensitivity or anything else that could cause damage to a brand-new laptop. Suggestions?
- Asked by James C from San Diego
- Mar 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What do I use for cleaning the trackpad? I use iKlean for the screen, keyboard, and case of my MacBook Pro, but labeling states "avoid trackpad")
What's this like for use on the arm of a sofa or cushion?
Especially when clicking/dragging/swiping/etc? Normally I use the one on the Macbook, but I sometimes plug the MacBook Pro into the TV and use a mouse/keyboard on my knee/leg/sofa! This Magic Trackpad might be far better, and at least I'd be able to swipe between spaces easier than my current middle mouse button to Mission Control shortcut. But equally it's quite expensive and it's not my normal usage scenario so I want to be very sure it'll click fine and really work nicely as I can't justify it if it's not that much better than my £5 mouse!
- Asked by Philip H
- Aug 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What's this like for use on the arm of a sofa or cushion?)
Does it work on excel? The magic mouse does not scroll with any precission left-right- jumps and goes pages & spinning ball My mighty mouse works OK
Do the multi-touch features of the Magic Trackpad work on older MacBook models?
I have a Late 2007 MacBook (3,1) and I've always been interested in the multi-touch gestures featured in the later models, such as using 3 and 4-finger dragging or inertia scrolling, and my interest has risen even greater with the prominent use of them in OS X Lion. So I was wondering whether it is possible to use these multi-touch gestures if I bought a Magic Trackpad. Would these 3 and 4 finger gestures now work with my MacBook using the Magic Trackpad, or is it just impossible to access these functions without upgrading to a later Mac model? I have 10.6.6 currently, so I assume that I already have that Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.0 installed. Thanks in advance.
- Asked by Ivo M
- Jun 11, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the multi-touch features of the Magic Trackpad work on older MacBook models?)
Can it have BOTH custom right click AND custom double click (in addition to single click)?
My main application requires lots of left button clicking, double clicking and right button clicking. These are variously combined with dragging. You can imagine the many different combinations not possible (or very tiring) with a standard mouse. I'm currently using the four-button Kensington Turbo Mouse. Would the MTP be a good replacement?
- Asked by Kenneth C from Rodeo
- Mar 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it have BOTH custom right click AND custom double click (in addition to single click)?)
why is magic trackpad better than the large pad built into my new macbook pro?
I'm trying to decide between a magic mouse and the magic trackpad. I have some frustrations with the built in pad and thought the mouse would solve those problems, but in reading other responses to questions now I'm not so sure. So, what is the difference between the magic trackpad and the 3"x4" built in pad?
- Asked by Pam R from Huntington Woods
- Feb 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (why is magic trackpad better than the large pad built into my new macbook pro?)
Can the Magic Trackpad be used on Windows 7 (32bit) to write Traditional Chinese? If so, how?
I know you can change a setting on Windows 7 to display Traditional Chinese but how would I use this trackpad to actually write chinese with my finger. Is there a preference setting in Windows 7 to accept finger brush strokes as chinese text?
- Asked by Anthony Y
- Sep 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Magic Trackpad be used on Windows 7 (32bit) to write Traditional Chinese? If so, how?)