Similar questions from the community
If the Magic Trackpad is used with a MacBook Pro, will it conflict with the onboard trackpad or will they both work properly?
In other words, can the Magic Trackpad be used with a MacBook and/or MacBook Pro?
- Asked by George L from Yellowknife
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (If the Magic Trackpad is used with a MacBook Pro, will it conflict with the onboard trackpad or will they both work properly?)
is magic trackpad compatible with a mac book pro?
I am planning on buying a mac book pro or an imac. I need to know if magic trackpad works for mac book pro because it would be really useful to help me decide.
- Asked by Dan B
- Jan 7, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (is magic trackpad compatible with a mac book pro?)
Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?
Based on my research - pinch/zoom, other advanced multi-touch functions are gone but simple click to select & pointer functions work. But can I still use tap to select? Vertical &/or Horizontal Scroll? Adjust tap sensitivity & cursor speed?
Need trackpad instead of a mouse to deal with RSI (repetitive stress injury on click finger) – there aren’t that many to pick from & have really mixed reviews. No doubt this one is the best for mac, but not sure about in Windows. I don't need the most advanced functions, but have to be able to switch to the tap to select and adjust some basic sensitivity settings.
I went to the store to ask but the people there didn't even know there was a driver out for PC / Windows...Please help!
- Asked by Heather B from The Woodlands
- Jul 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?)
Do the multi-touch features of the Magic Trackpad work on older MacBook models?
I have a Late 2007 MacBook (3,1) and I've always been interested in the multi-touch gestures featured in the later models, such as using 3 and 4-finger dragging or inertia scrolling, and my interest has risen even greater with the prominent use of them in OS X Lion. So I was wondering whether it is possible to use these multi-touch gestures if I bought a Magic Trackpad. Would these 3 and 4 finger gestures now work with my MacBook using the Magic Trackpad, or is it just impossible to access these functions without upgrading to a later Mac model? I have 10.6.6 currently, so I assume that I already have that Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.0 installed. Thanks in advance.
- Asked by Ivo M
- Jun 11, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the multi-touch features of the Magic Trackpad work on older MacBook models?)
is this magic trackpad bigger than my macbook pro mouse?
who big is it?
- Asked by Camilo A
- Jan 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (is this magic trackpad bigger than my macbook pro mouse?)
Will the wireless trackpad eliminate the internal click I get from the built in trackpad on my MacBook Pro when I record/edit audio books?
I have a MacBook Pro using OS X version 10.6.8
- Asked by Jeanna J from Collierville
- Oct 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the wireless trackpad eliminate the internal click I get from the built in trackpad on my MacBook Pro when I record/edit audio books?)
How smooth is response with a Mac Pro?
I bought a magic mouse a while back that skipped and had very poor response with a Mac Pro. I exchanged it for a new one with no improvement and have no problem with the mouse when using it with my Macbook Pro. Others have had this problem and it is apparently due to poor bluetooth reception through the case of the Mac Pro and/or weak bluetooth signal from the magic mouse. I would really like to get a Magic Trackpad but am afraid I might have the same problem with it. Is anyone having this problem with the trackpad and a Mac Pro? Thanks.
- Asked by Todd M from Meridian
- Dec 4, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How smooth is response with a Mac Pro?)
Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?
I am currently running a stock 21.5 " i5 iMac 4GB RAM and notice that I only max out about 2.50 Gb or so memory when multitasking and using the system normally.
I recently purchased a magic trackpad which I have had replaced by Apple as my old one was faulty and have found that in one spot of the trackpad I get slight cursor delay.
This was the exact same problem (there were other problems also with my old one) that happened with my previous trackpad so I'm starting to think this now must be a software fault.
Unless there are any issues with mountain lion (I'm running the latest version) that I'm not aware of the only other explanation I can think of is the RAM.
Would RAM have an effect on cursor delay on a trackpad? I find it hard to believe I've had two trackpads with the same issue and it has been in the exact same place (In the bottom right hand corner of the pad)
Would upgrading my RAM to 8GB have any effect?
Any thoughts on the issue?
(I was also thinking it may be related to the notification centre gesture in some way as you have to swipe with two fingers from the right to active this)
- Asked by Jonathan H
- Oct 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?)
Will the Magic Trackpad work when remoting in to Windows7 from a Mac using vpn?
- Asked by Randy A from Dartmouth
- Feb 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Magic Trackpad work when remoting in to Windows7 from a Mac using vpn?)
Can this be used on a MacBook that doesn't have a multi touch trackpad?
- Asked by Stephen C from Cary
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used on a MacBook that doesn't have a multi touch trackpad?)
Will I have to relearn gestures with Lion versus Snow Leopard?
I use a mouse with my MacBook 99% of the time, so I'm not a "gesture pro." If I start using the Magic Trackpad with Snow Leopard, but don't upgrade to Lion for a few months (I like waiting 90 days on new big releases), will I be relearning gestures? Bottom line question is...should I just wait to till I upgrade to Lion to get the Magic Trackpad?
- Asked by Gregory M from Hurricane
- Jul 24, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I have to relearn gestures with Lion versus Snow Leopard?)
How many fingers can the trackpad detect?
I have a macbook pro 15 inch , and I'm just curious how many fingers can the trackapds detect. I'm assuming that the trackpad on my macbook is pretty much the same as the magic trackpad.
- Asked by Veselin V from Plovdiv
- Jul 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How many fingers can the trackpad detect?)