Similar questions from the community
Would the Magic Mouse work with Microstation (Run via Bootcamp/ Parallel)?
Hello reader, I am Architecture student and will be buying a MacBook Pro Retina 15" very soon (If I wanted a PC I would have bought one so please don't comment on that).
I use Microstation for some of my design work and will be using Parallel or Bootcamp to run this program on my MBPR, I want to get a Magic Mouse but I do not know if the controls or gestures will work with the program i.e. panning around an object in 3D. I called Bentley Support (The software producers of Microstation) and they said oddly enough told me it hadn't been tested before. So if you have been or know of someone in this situation I would be most grateful if you could let me know if the controls on the Magic Mouse work with Microstation or if I need to get a mouse with a scroll wheel.
Furthermore if I do need to get a standard mouse w/ scroll wheel what would you recommend? It can be within the same budget as the magic mouse but has to be wireless (Bluetooth preferred), ergonomic and well designed. Thank you all for taking your time to read this rather lengthy description and I do look forward to hopeful helpful comments.
Oh and have a wonderful New Year!
- Asked by Samson E
- Dec 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Would the Magic Mouse work with Microstation (Run via Bootcamp/ Parallel)?)
will the magic trackpad work with my mac running tiger
i have an older mac and limited computer abilities, do i have to upgrade my tiger to a leopard system or will the track pad work with the tiger
- Asked by Marc P from Haddonfield
- Aug 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (will the magic trackpad work with my mac running tiger)
Will the magic trackpad work with my MacBook Black 2006 Lion OS X?
- Asked by Ibrahim A from Erzurum
- Feb 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the magic trackpad work with my MacBook Black 2006 Lion OS X?)
Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?
Based on my research - pinch/zoom, other advanced multi-touch functions are gone but simple click to select & pointer functions work. But can I still use tap to select? Vertical &/or Horizontal Scroll? Adjust tap sensitivity & cursor speed?
Need trackpad instead of a mouse to deal with RSI (repetitive stress injury on click finger) – there aren’t that many to pick from & have really mixed reviews. No doubt this one is the best for mac, but not sure about in Windows. I don't need the most advanced functions, but have to be able to switch to the tap to select and adjust some basic sensitivity settings.
I went to the store to ask but the people there didn't even know there was a driver out for PC / Windows...Please help!
- Asked by Heather B from The Woodlands
- Jul 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?)
I have an iMac 24" from 2008, a keyboard, a mouse but no track pad. When upgrading to Mac OS LION will I need to buy the Magic Track Pad ?
Do the multi-touch features of the Magic Trackpad work on older MacBook models?
I have a Late 2007 MacBook (3,1) and I've always been interested in the multi-touch gestures featured in the later models, such as using 3 and 4-finger dragging or inertia scrolling, and my interest has risen even greater with the prominent use of them in OS X Lion. So I was wondering whether it is possible to use these multi-touch gestures if I bought a Magic Trackpad. Would these 3 and 4 finger gestures now work with my MacBook using the Magic Trackpad, or is it just impossible to access these functions without upgrading to a later Mac model? I have 10.6.6 currently, so I assume that I already have that Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.0 installed. Thanks in advance.
- Asked by Ivo M
- Jun 11, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the multi-touch features of the Magic Trackpad work on older MacBook models?)
Does the magic trackpad work better than the magic mouse?
My magic mouse is terrible. Right-clicking is a nightmare, and the battery power is weak. I always need to re-charge the batteries.
- Asked by Nicolaas S from Rumford
- Jan 13, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the magic trackpad work better than the magic mouse?)
does it work with OS 10.5.8
My MacPro uses OS 10.5.8.
I seem to need 10.6.4 to use the magic trackpad I bought.
How do I update the Mac OS?
- Asked by Pat B
- Mar 14, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (does it work with OS 10.5.8)
can it work for an older powerbook g4
I'd like to buy either or both a magic mouse and a magic trackpad. I have a new I mac 27", an older imac 21", an older powerbook g4 and also an ibook. I'd like to find some new gear that will work for all of the above. is this possible and if so what OS and Bluetooth OS do I need on each of them.
Thanks immensely in advance.
jonny apple seed
- Asked by Brian K from Los Angeles
- Sep 14, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can it work for an older powerbook g4)
Will Trackpad work on PC not running Bootcamp, ie on a non apple computer?
I am using a non apple pc. I want to use the Track pad, love the features. I use a mac at home and an pc at work.
- Asked by Daniel R from Folsom
- Nov 29, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Trackpad work on PC not running Bootcamp, ie on a non apple computer?)
Does the Magic Trackpad work with multiple monitors?
With a mouse, I have to drag the mouse around to get to the second monitor. I would imagine that the whole trackpad would map to the size of both screens, but would this cause it to be a little harder to control? Or less precise?
- Asked by Vincent A from Johnston
- Jul 29, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Magic Trackpad work with multiple monitors?)
Can I use both the magic mouse and the magic trackpad?
Can both the Magic Mouse and the Magic Trackpad be linked with the computer at the same time?
- Asked by Carmen Tam M from Saratoga
- Sep 16, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use both the magic mouse and the magic trackpad?)
will we use it with magic mouse or any other mouse?
as per title~
- Asked by Alisabki A
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (will we use it with magic mouse or any other mouse?)
Will the magic trackpad work with Mac mini?
I am getting a new Mac mini and I expect to get all the accessories as well.
- Asked by Aaron L from Camarillo
- Dec 20, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the magic trackpad work with Mac mini?)
does the trackpad come packaged with new macs instead of magic mouse
- Asked by Jonathan R from Murrieta
- Oct 24, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (does the trackpad come packaged with new macs instead of magic mouse)
Can the wireless mouse and magic trackpad at same time with mini mac 2005
- Asked by Virginia H from Houston
- Sep 11, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the wireless mouse and magic trackpad at same time with mini mac 2005)