Similar questions from the community
can you use pinch zoom with iphoto?
- Asked by Robert C from Santa Rosa
- Sep 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use pinch zoom with iphoto?)
pinch to zoom with firefox
TYPE OF SYSTEM: Macbook Pro, OSX V 10.5.8
My pinch and zoom function works fine with Safari. Is there a way to enable this feature in Firefox?
- Asked by Gene D from Tampa
- Feb 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (pinch to zoom with firefox)
No answers yet
Does "Pinch Open & Close" work for documents and folders in the Finder?
I know that this duplicates double-clicking (or optionally double-tapping). Nevertheless, it would be nice if this would work. Not sure what else could be opened and closed, besides pictures in iPhoto?
- Asked by Stefan L from Chicago
- Nov 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does "Pinch Open & Close" work for documents and folders in the Finder?)
How does the magic track pad work on applications such as Mapquest? I find the Mighty Mouse is impossible to use when zooming with Mapquest.
Zooming with maps
- Asked by Angela R from Monroe
- Jul 10, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How does the magic track pad work on applications such as Mapquest? I find the Mighty Mouse is impossible to use when zooming with Mapquest.)
Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?
Based on my research - pinch/zoom, other advanced multi-touch functions are gone but simple click to select & pointer functions work. But can I still use tap to select? Vertical &/or Horizontal Scroll? Adjust tap sensitivity & cursor speed?
Need trackpad instead of a mouse to deal with RSI (repetitive stress injury on click finger) – there aren’t that many to pick from & have really mixed reviews. No doubt this one is the best for mac, but not sure about in Windows. I don't need the most advanced functions, but have to be able to switch to the tap to select and adjust some basic sensitivity settings.
I went to the store to ask but the people there didn't even know there was a driver out for PC / Windows...Please help!
- Asked by Heather B from The Woodlands
- Jul 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?)
Does it work with iPhoto ?
Can it be used in iPhoto to edit photos?
- Asked by Alphonse B from Lunenburg
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with iPhoto ?)
Customizing the gestures on Magic Trackpad - Can I change the pinch function to close a window rather than its usual function (Launch Pad?
I open and close multiple windows of Safari, & PDFs during my work day. It would be nice to be able to just use the pinch function to close the window rather than drag the finger across the track pad to find the little red button at the top left hand corner of the window and click it. In short can we customize the gestures on the track pad?
Thanks in Advance!
- Asked by Venunath M from Bartlett
- Oct 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Customizing the gestures on Magic Trackpad - Can I change the pinch function to close a window rather than its usual function (Launch Pad?)
Does the track pad work well for imovie and iPhoto work
- Asked by Michael D from Flint
- Aug 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the track pad work well for imovie and iPhoto work)
Is there a Button 3/Scroll Ball feature?
Will this Magic Trackpad work with CAD/3D Modeling apps to provide Orbit and Zoom In/Out functionality, same as the Button 3/Scroll-ball with standard mouse? This is why I had to return the Magic Mouse. Being able to quickly orbit about models and zoom in/out with the middle button/track-ball instead of clicking on the tool is a major time saver and far easier to perform.
- Asked by Darryl R from San Clemente
- Sep 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a Button 3/Scroll Ball feature?)
I have a usb mouse was going to get wireless mouse. Would the magic trackpad work better? Main programs i use Logic Pro8 and iPhoto
Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?
I use SketchUp and use a two-button and scroll-wheel/button mouse. The center wheel controls zoom, but is also a button and when clicked controls orbit/pan/etc. Major workflow requirement. Does the Magicpad emulate this in any way?
ALSO! Majorly important for using the pad with one hand.. My Win laptop has a feature/option (in accessibility options, I believe) that allows you to double-tap to grab a window or object, and the grab locks the click-down action until you click a second time to release it. i.e. You can double tap to start a drag, then pick up your finger and move the item as necessary, then tap again to finish the move. no need to hold your thumb and twist your hand around to move the other finger. I use this a lot. Is this an option as well?
- Asked by Don E from Portland
- Jun 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?)
Is it possible to adjust the trackpad for touch size?
I have large fingers from working many years with my hands in manual trades. My fingers are also not as flexible as they once were. The problem is that the trackpad interprets my touch as a double touch about half the time. I am often getting information menus or unexpected results when I drag and click on something, instead of the single touch drag or click response. This is especially a problem editing photos in iPhoto. This should be correctable - i..e. the trackpad should "learn" a user's finger touch size and adapt, but it does not, and I have not found a way to make it do so. The suggestions I received from Apple store geniuses are always that I need to arch my fingers more. Not possible for me. Is there any other solution?
- Asked by David E from Corral De Tierra
- Nov 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to adjust the trackpad for touch size?)