Similar questions from the community
how to select a paragraph or certain items to copy paste on the trackpad
- Asked by Hosien B from Bronx
- Dec 31, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (how to select a paragraph or certain items to copy paste on the trackpad)
How do I switch applications with the Magic Trackpad?
I use a four finger sweep, however I do not know how to select the application I desire. (short of moving the pointer) Is there a Trackpad command?
- Asked by Kent H from Ann Arbor
- Jan 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I switch applications with the Magic Trackpad?)
Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?
Based on my research - pinch/zoom, other advanced multi-touch functions are gone but simple click to select & pointer functions work. But can I still use tap to select? Vertical &/or Horizontal Scroll? Adjust tap sensitivity & cursor speed?
Need trackpad instead of a mouse to deal with RSI (repetitive stress injury on click finger) – there aren’t that many to pick from & have really mixed reviews. No doubt this one is the best for mac, but not sure about in Windows. I don't need the most advanced functions, but have to be able to switch to the tap to select and adjust some basic sensitivity settings.
I went to the store to ask but the people there didn't even know there was a driver out for PC / Windows...Please help!
- Asked by Heather B from The Woodlands
- Jul 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?)
Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?
I use SketchUp and use a two-button and scroll-wheel/button mouse. The center wheel controls zoom, but is also a button and when clicked controls orbit/pan/etc. Major workflow requirement. Does the Magicpad emulate this in any way?
ALSO! Majorly important for using the pad with one hand.. My Win laptop has a feature/option (in accessibility options, I believe) that allows you to double-tap to grab a window or object, and the grab locks the click-down action until you click a second time to release it. i.e. You can double tap to start a drag, then pick up your finger and move the item as necessary, then tap again to finish the move. no need to hold your thumb and twist your hand around to move the other finger. I use this a lot. Is this an option as well?
- Asked by Don E from Portland
- Jun 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?)
Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands
On the MBP which has the same trackpad, I have to click on one corner with my finger of one hand and with my other hand I can drag either to highlight several items or drag and drop items or both. If you look the TrackPad options in the System Preference... it is called Secondary Click under One Finger. The reason I ask is the location of the trackpad would be on the right or left of the keyboard rather than in front if it were to replace the mouse. How does one achieve the Secondary Click with one hand?
- Asked by Brad K from Maple Grove
- Jul 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands)
how is a trackpad turned off?
- Asked by Jim A. D from Glen Ellen
- Jul 24, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (how is a trackpad turned off?)
Can you scroll up and down on the Magic Trackpad as in the powerbook trackpad?
- Asked by Adriana S from Naucalpan
- Nov 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you scroll up and down on the Magic Trackpad as in the powerbook trackpad?)
How to take screenshot with Trackpad
How can I take a screenshot using the Trackpad. Command, Shift, 4 activates the 'camera' but how do I choose the are for the screenshot and how to take the picture?
- Asked by Marcus G
- Jul 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How to take screenshot with Trackpad)
No answers yet
does anyone have experience of a magic mouse scrolling thru pages in InDesign (pretty much) on it's own? this trackpad may be just what we need!
trackpad with InDesign
- Asked by James B from Teddington
- Jul 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (does anyone have experience of a magic mouse scrolling thru pages in InDesign (pretty much) on it's own? this trackpad may be just what we need!)
Can I use both the magic mouse and the magic trackpad?
Can both the Magic Mouse and the Magic Trackpad be linked with the computer at the same time?
- Asked by Carmen Tam M from Saratoga
- Sep 16, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use both the magic mouse and the magic trackpad?)
resizing screen with trackpad
I can't figure out how to resize my screen using the trackpad like I can using the mouse by clicking on the bottom right hand corner and moving the mouse. Anyone know how to do this with the trackpad?
- Asked by Jill B from The Villages
- Jan 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (resizing screen with trackpad)
trackpad and Mac mini
I have purchased a Trackpad and it will not work with my mac mini.
the mini says software is up to date but the track pad requires OSX 10.6 my mini is supposedly up to date with 10.5.
what can I do to get my trackpad to work
- Asked by Paul M from West Vancouver
- Nov 18, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (trackpad and Mac mini)
How many fingers can the trackpad detect?
I have a macbook pro 15 inch , and I'm just curious how many fingers can the trackapds detect. I'm assuming that the trackpad on my macbook is pretty much the same as the magic trackpad.
- Asked by Veselin V from Plovdiv
- Jul 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How many fingers can the trackpad detect?)