Similar questions from the community
Does the magic trackpad work with bootcamp? Has anyone tried using for architecture based programs such as AutoCad, Sketchup, Chief Architect etc..
Would the Magic Mouse work with Microstation (Run via Bootcamp/ Parallel)?
Hello reader, I am Architecture student and will be buying a MacBook Pro Retina 15" very soon (If I wanted a PC I would have bought one so please don't comment on that).
I use Microstation for some of my design work and will be using Parallel or Bootcamp to run this program on my MBPR, I want to get a Magic Mouse but I do not know if the controls or gestures will work with the program i.e. panning around an object in 3D. I called Bentley Support (The software producers of Microstation) and they said oddly enough told me it hadn't been tested before. So if you have been or know of someone in this situation I would be most grateful if you could let me know if the controls on the Magic Mouse work with Microstation or if I need to get a mouse with a scroll wheel.
Furthermore if I do need to get a standard mouse w/ scroll wheel what would you recommend? It can be within the same budget as the magic mouse but has to be wireless (Bluetooth preferred), ergonomic and well designed. Thank you all for taking your time to read this rather lengthy description and I do look forward to hopeful helpful comments.
Oh and have a wonderful New Year!
- Asked by Samson E
- Dec 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Would the Magic Mouse work with Microstation (Run via Bootcamp/ Parallel)?)
Locking a Magic Trackpad
Does anyone know of a way to secure a Magic Trackpad? I am wanting to use one for work, but am not sure how to secure it to my desk to make sure someone doesn't steal it. Is there a way to do this?
- Asked by Luke S from Aloha
- Jul 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Locking a Magic Trackpad)
No answers yet
Does the magic trackpad work better than the magic mouse?
My magic mouse is terrible. Right-clicking is a nightmare, and the battery power is weak. I always need to re-charge the batteries.
- Asked by Nicolaas S from Rumford
- Jan 13, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the magic trackpad work better than the magic mouse?)
Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?
Based on my research - pinch/zoom, other advanced multi-touch functions are gone but simple click to select & pointer functions work. But can I still use tap to select? Vertical &/or Horizontal Scroll? Adjust tap sensitivity & cursor speed?
Need trackpad instead of a mouse to deal with RSI (repetitive stress injury on click finger) – there aren’t that many to pick from & have really mixed reviews. No doubt this one is the best for mac, but not sure about in Windows. I don't need the most advanced functions, but have to be able to switch to the tap to select and adjust some basic sensitivity settings.
I went to the store to ask but the people there didn't even know there was a driver out for PC / Windows...Please help!
- Asked by Heather B from The Woodlands
- Jul 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?)
Will Trackpad work on PC not running Bootcamp, ie on a non apple computer?
I am using a non apple pc. I want to use the Track pad, love the features. I use a mac at home and an pc at work.
- Asked by Daniel R from Folsom
- Nov 29, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Trackpad work on PC not running Bootcamp, ie on a non apple computer?)
If the Magic Trackpad is used with a MacBook Pro, will it conflict with the onboard trackpad or will they both work properly?
In other words, can the Magic Trackpad be used with a MacBook and/or MacBook Pro?
- Asked by George L from Yellowknife
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (If the Magic Trackpad is used with a MacBook Pro, will it conflict with the onboard trackpad or will they both work properly?)
is magic trackpad compatible with a mac book pro?
I am planning on buying a mac book pro or an imac. I need to know if magic trackpad works for mac book pro because it would be really useful to help me decide.
- Asked by Dan B
- Jan 7, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (is magic trackpad compatible with a mac book pro?)
Will the Magic Trackpad work when remoting in to Windows7 from a Mac using vpn?
- Asked by Randy A from Dartmouth
- Feb 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Magic Trackpad work when remoting in to Windows7 from a Mac using vpn?)
Will the magic trackpad work with the iPad?
- Asked by Christopher D from Nolensville
- Feb 13, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the magic trackpad work with the iPad?)
Has anyone used this to do a presentation?
It would seem perfect for remote screen control of a presentation. I often present in Personal Brain and no remote could possibly work since it is non linear and you have to control a pointer. It forces me to me near the podium or computer. And a mouse will not work if I am standing. This could be fantastic for moving around after I attach a handhold loop to the back. Anyone tried presenting?
- Asked by Robert M from Chesapeake
- Aug 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone used this to do a presentation?)