Similar questions from the community
can it maximize and minimize my screen like I can do on my iPad?
example: spread two fingers and the screen enlarges. Squeeze two fingers and the screen deminishes
- Asked by Carolyn M from Huber Heights
- Apr 4, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can it maximize and minimize my screen like I can do on my iPad?)
resizing screen with trackpad
I can't figure out how to resize my screen using the trackpad like I can using the mouse by clicking on the bottom right hand corner and moving the mouse. Anyone know how to do this with the trackpad?
- Asked by Jill B from The Villages
- Jan 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (resizing screen with trackpad)
Would this work with my iMac OS X version 10.5.8?
I would like to purchase the MagicTrack in order to control my desktop display on my TV screen.
- Asked by Agustin A from Turlock
- Sep 8, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Would this work with my iMac OS X version 10.5.8?)
Is there one-touch access to spaces/windows like the Mighty Mouse could with the side and center push capability?
I currently am still with my Mighty Mouse. I very often use the side buttons and center-push option to access all of my windows and spaces quickly while doing data transfer/processing. Is there a way to program this quick access to windows and spaces into the trackpad, aside from using the active screen corners? I think that is the only thing I'll miss about my mouse.
- Asked by Jessica O from Sterling
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there one-touch access to spaces/windows like the Mighty Mouse could with the side and center push capability?)
Can I write Chinese character on a Magic Trackpad?
I am using an iMac with a magic mouse. Looking if i should upgrade my mouse to a trackpad... Would really like to input traditional Chinese characters onto my iMac like how everyone is inputting theirs, including myself, into our phones just by writing with our fingers onto the smart phones' screens. Can I do the same by writing on the Magic Trackpad or what would be the solution, please?
- Asked by Roderick T from Victoria
- Apr 19, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I write Chinese character on a Magic Trackpad?)
What's this like for use on the arm of a sofa or cushion?
Especially when clicking/dragging/swiping/etc? Normally I use the one on the Macbook, but I sometimes plug the MacBook Pro into the TV and use a mouse/keyboard on my knee/leg/sofa! This Magic Trackpad might be far better, and at least I'd be able to swipe between spaces easier than my current middle mouse button to Mission Control shortcut. But equally it's quite expensive and it's not my normal usage scenario so I want to be very sure it'll click fine and really work nicely as I can't justify it if it's not that much better than my £5 mouse!
- Asked by Philip H
- Aug 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What's this like for use on the arm of a sofa or cushion?)
Can I mount it vertically?
I would like to use it in a classroom that has an interactive whiteboard (Epson BrightLink). While it seems the trackpad is intended for a horizontal orientation, I can see vertically mounting it next to the projecting screen to have the gestures capability. Would this type of mounting work? And, any ideas how to do it so as not to damage the trackpad?
- Asked by Gregory R from Arlington
- May 7, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I mount it vertically?)
How well does this work with Photoshop? And Dual screens...?
Is the trackpad sensitive enough to us as something in between a mouse and a graphics tablet? Also how well does it work for spanning over a dual screen set up?
- Asked by Ben S
- Aug 17, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How well does this work with Photoshop? And Dual screens...?)
how do I access widgets, like calculator, calendar
used to just press the little white button on top of mouse, how do i do this same function with the trackpad
- Asked by Michael W from Eagan
- Sep 17, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I access widgets, like calculator, calendar)
do you need two hands to operate like the mbp.
With the mbp you need two hands to operate it correctly. What about the new trackpad when you click and drag an icon can you do this with one hand like you can with a mouse (one hand).
- Asked by Paul F from Maribyrnong
- Aug 10, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need two hands to operate like the mbp.)
can track pad be configured to act like a number pad?
i'm a finance guy and really, really appreciate having a number pad on my keyboard. apple has been moving away from number pads and there are no 3rd party ones available (at least none up to apple standards). plus i'd find it very useful to have a trackpad / number pad to use with my macbook when i'm on the road. it must be possible to programme something like this and then supply a simple foil with the relevant keys marked on it?
- Asked by Nicholas S
- May 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can track pad be configured to act like a number pad?)
Is this just works as a multi trackpad like a MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Euen T from Cupertino
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this just works as a multi trackpad like a MacBook Pro?)
would you guys recommend this for gaming?..like starcraft?
- Asked by Joseph A from South San Francisco
- Aug 31, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (would you guys recommend this for gaming?..like starcraft?)