Similar questions from the community
How many fingers can the trackpad detect?
I have a macbook pro 15 inch , and I'm just curious how many fingers can the trackapds detect. I'm assuming that the trackpad on my macbook is pretty much the same as the magic trackpad.
- Asked by Veselin V from Plovdiv
- Jul 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How many fingers can the trackpad detect?)
Is it possible to adjust the trackpad for touch size?
I have large fingers from working many years with my hands in manual trades. My fingers are also not as flexible as they once were. The problem is that the trackpad interprets my touch as a double touch about half the time. I am often getting information menus or unexpected results when I drag and click on something, instead of the single touch drag or click response. This is especially a problem editing photos in iPhoto. This should be correctable - i..e. the trackpad should "learn" a user's finger touch size and adapt, but it does not, and I have not found a way to make it do so. The suggestions I received from Apple store geniuses are always that I need to arch my fingers more. Not possible for me. Is there any other solution?
- Asked by David E from Corral De Tierra
- Nov 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to adjust the trackpad for touch size?)
Can trackpad be programed to track with two fingers
At 60yo my fingers are not as nimble as they once were. I'm really having trouble tracking with one finger and would like to know if there is a way to configure to reverse the one and two finger options?
- Asked by Stuart C from Fort Morgan
- Nov 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can trackpad be programed to track with two fingers)
can the trackpad auto detect both traditional and simplified chinese at the same time
Can I write either traditional or simplified chinese on the trackpad in one document without reset the input source at the right top corner i.e. auto detect when input simplified or traditional chinese
- Asked by Tsang L
- Nov 3, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can the trackpad auto detect both traditional and simplified chinese at the same time)
Does it work with VoiceOver -- does the software update add a TrackPad Commander tab in VoiceOver Utility when a Magic Trackpad is detected?
- Asked by Tim S from Lakewood
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with VoiceOver -- does the software update add a TrackPad Commander tab in VoiceOver Utility when a Magic Trackpad is detected?)
Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands
On the MBP which has the same trackpad, I have to click on one corner with my finger of one hand and with my other hand I can drag either to highlight several items or drag and drop items or both. If you look the TrackPad options in the System Preference... it is called Secondary Click under One Finger. The reason I ask is the location of the trackpad would be on the right or left of the keyboard rather than in front if it were to replace the mouse. How does one achieve the Secondary Click with one hand?
- Asked by Brad K from Maple Grove
- Jul 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands)
How do I switch applications with the Magic Trackpad?
I use a four finger sweep, however I do not know how to select the application I desire. (short of moving the pointer) Is there a Trackpad command?
- Asked by Kent H from Ann Arbor
- Jan 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I switch applications with the Magic Trackpad?)
Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?
Based on my research - pinch/zoom, other advanced multi-touch functions are gone but simple click to select & pointer functions work. But can I still use tap to select? Vertical &/or Horizontal Scroll? Adjust tap sensitivity & cursor speed?
Need trackpad instead of a mouse to deal with RSI (repetitive stress injury on click finger) – there aren’t that many to pick from & have really mixed reviews. No doubt this one is the best for mac, but not sure about in Windows. I don't need the most advanced functions, but have to be able to switch to the tap to select and adjust some basic sensitivity settings.
I went to the store to ask but the people there didn't even know there was a driver out for PC / Windows...Please help!
- Asked by Heather B from The Woodlands
- Jul 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?)
Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?
I use SketchUp and use a two-button and scroll-wheel/button mouse. The center wheel controls zoom, but is also a button and when clicked controls orbit/pan/etc. Major workflow requirement. Does the Magicpad emulate this in any way?
ALSO! Majorly important for using the pad with one hand.. My Win laptop has a feature/option (in accessibility options, I believe) that allows you to double-tap to grab a window or object, and the grab locks the click-down action until you click a second time to release it. i.e. You can double tap to start a drag, then pick up your finger and move the item as necessary, then tap again to finish the move. no need to hold your thumb and twist your hand around to move the other finger. I use this a lot. Is this an option as well?
- Asked by Don E from Portland
- Jun 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?)
Is there any feedback as to how usable the Magic Trackpad is for people with handicaps that make finger control difficult (in my case, Parkinson's)?
- Asked by Larry B from Watervliet
- Aug 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there any feedback as to how usable the Magic Trackpad is for people with handicaps that make finger control difficult (in my case, Parkinson's)?)
Can you 4 finger swipe left or right to change desktops on an iMac desktop (not a laptop) using the Magic Trackpad? If so, how do I set that up?
- Asked by Helene S from Saint Louis
- Oct 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you 4 finger swipe left or right to change desktops on an iMac desktop (not a laptop) using the Magic Trackpad? If so, how do I set that up?)
What does the "Secondary Tap" function accomplish?
In the System Prefs for "Trackpad", checkbox "Secondary Tap" is available under "Two Fingers". What does it do when checked?
- Asked by Stefan L from Chicago
- Nov 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What does the "Secondary Tap" function accomplish?)
Can the Magic Trackpad be used on Windows 7 (32bit) to write Traditional Chinese? If so, how?
I know you can change a setting on Windows 7 to display Traditional Chinese but how would I use this trackpad to actually write chinese with my finger. Is there a preference setting in Windows 7 to accept finger brush strokes as chinese text?
- Asked by Anthony Y
- Sep 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Magic Trackpad be used on Windows 7 (32bit) to write Traditional Chinese? If so, how?)
What do I use for cleaning the trackpad? I use iKlean for the screen, keyboard, and case of my MacBook Pro, but labeling states "avoid trackpad"
iKlean, sold in Apple stores, works great removing oily smudges from fingers, so I've also been using it on the trackpad. I'm hoping this hasn't compromised the sensitivity or anything else that could cause damage to a brand-new laptop. Suggestions?
- Asked by James C from San Diego
- Mar 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What do I use for cleaning the trackpad? I use iKlean for the screen, keyboard, and case of my MacBook Pro, but labeling states "avoid trackpad")
Do the multi-touch features of the Magic Trackpad work on older MacBook models?
I have a Late 2007 MacBook (3,1) and I've always been interested in the multi-touch gestures featured in the later models, such as using 3 and 4-finger dragging or inertia scrolling, and my interest has risen even greater with the prominent use of them in OS X Lion. So I was wondering whether it is possible to use these multi-touch gestures if I bought a Magic Trackpad. Would these 3 and 4 finger gestures now work with my MacBook using the Magic Trackpad, or is it just impossible to access these functions without upgrading to a later Mac model? I have 10.6.6 currently, so I assume that I already have that Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.0 installed. Thanks in advance.
- Asked by Ivo M
- Jun 11, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the multi-touch features of the Magic Trackpad work on older MacBook models?)
Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?
I am currently running a stock 21.5 " i5 iMac 4GB RAM and notice that I only max out about 2.50 Gb or so memory when multitasking and using the system normally.
I recently purchased a magic trackpad which I have had replaced by Apple as my old one was faulty and have found that in one spot of the trackpad I get slight cursor delay.
This was the exact same problem (there were other problems also with my old one) that happened with my previous trackpad so I'm starting to think this now must be a software fault.
Unless there are any issues with mountain lion (I'm running the latest version) that I'm not aware of the only other explanation I can think of is the RAM.
Would RAM have an effect on cursor delay on a trackpad? I find it hard to believe I've had two trackpads with the same issue and it has been in the exact same place (In the bottom right hand corner of the pad)
Would upgrading my RAM to 8GB have any effect?
Any thoughts on the issue?
(I was also thinking it may be related to the notification centre gesture in some way as you have to swipe with two fingers from the right to active this)
- Asked by Jonathan H
- Oct 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?)