Similar questions from the community
Can we use 3 Magic Trackpads in a small 3 Mac station office?
Since I didn't have to enter a numeric identifier, like with a phone or keyboard, can the Magic Trackpad be "assigned" to a specific computer?
- Asked by Jerry J from Bellevue
- Aug 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can we use 3 Magic Trackpads in a small 3 Mac station office?)
Will the trackpad work with a PS3?
- Asked by Panos I from Weehawken
- Aug 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the trackpad work with a PS3?)
Is it Bluetooth 3.0 compatible
- Asked by Josh K
- Jul 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it Bluetooth 3.0 compatible)
No answers yet
Is there a Button 3/Scroll Ball feature?
Will this Magic Trackpad work with CAD/3D Modeling apps to provide Orbit and Zoom In/Out functionality, same as the Button 3/Scroll-ball with standard mouse? This is why I had to return the Magic Mouse. Being able to quickly orbit about models and zoom in/out with the middle button/track-ball instead of clicking on the tool is a major time saver and far easier to perform.
- Asked by Darryl R from San Clemente
- Sep 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a Button 3/Scroll Ball feature?)
Does it work with maya which requires a 3 button mouse?
- Asked by Jessica D from Camarillo
- Nov 18, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with maya which requires a 3 button mouse?)
could a magic trackpad work with surface pro3
- Asked by Phatcharanut T from Thungsonghong
- Nov 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (could a magic trackpad work with surface pro3)
No answers yet
dose this work well in apurture 3 when doing editing with quick brushes?
I uses Apurture alot, and looking at buying a bamboo pad, then I saw this. If it will work as well I would go for this.
- Asked by Mark L
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (dose this work well in apurture 3 when doing editing with quick brushes?)
Does it provide 3 button functionality for X11 (left, middle, right)?
X11 users need left, middle and right clicks.
The mighty mouse does not provide this intrinsically;
you have to install an application like MagicPrefs.
Does the Magic Trackpad support it?
- Asked by Jeffrey F from Ann Arbor
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it provide 3 button functionality for X11 (left, middle, right)?)
will it work with the i pad
i have a g3 64 wi fi just wondering if it will work i thinking about getting wireless keybord
- Asked by Mikel H from Soquel
- Nov 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work with the i pad)
Do the multi-touch features of the Magic Trackpad work on older MacBook models?
I have a Late 2007 MacBook (3,1) and I've always been interested in the multi-touch gestures featured in the later models, such as using 3 and 4-finger dragging or inertia scrolling, and my interest has risen even greater with the prominent use of them in OS X Lion. So I was wondering whether it is possible to use these multi-touch gestures if I bought a Magic Trackpad. Would these 3 and 4 finger gestures now work with my MacBook using the Magic Trackpad, or is it just impossible to access these functions without upgrading to a later Mac model? I have 10.6.6 currently, so I assume that I already have that Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.0 installed. Thanks in advance.
- Asked by Ivo M
- Jun 11, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the multi-touch features of the Magic Trackpad work on older MacBook models?)
why is magic trackpad better than the large pad built into my new macbook pro?
I'm trying to decide between a magic mouse and the magic trackpad. I have some frustrations with the built in pad and thought the mouse would solve those problems, but in reading other responses to questions now I'm not so sure. So, what is the difference between the magic trackpad and the 3"x4" built in pad?
- Asked by Pam R from Huntington Woods
- Feb 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (why is magic trackpad better than the large pad built into my new macbook pro?)
can track pad be configured to act like a number pad?
i'm a finance guy and really, really appreciate having a number pad on my keyboard. apple has been moving away from number pads and there are no 3rd party ones available (at least none up to apple standards). plus i'd find it very useful to have a trackpad / number pad to use with my macbook when i'm on the road. it must be possible to programme something like this and then supply a simple foil with the relevant keys marked on it?
- Asked by Nicholas S
- May 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can track pad be configured to act like a number pad?)
Would the Magic Mouse work with Microstation (Run via Bootcamp/ Parallel)?
Hello reader, I am Architecture student and will be buying a MacBook Pro Retina 15" very soon (If I wanted a PC I would have bought one so please don't comment on that).
I use Microstation for some of my design work and will be using Parallel or Bootcamp to run this program on my MBPR, I want to get a Magic Mouse but I do not know if the controls or gestures will work with the program i.e. panning around an object in 3D. I called Bentley Support (The software producers of Microstation) and they said oddly enough told me it hadn't been tested before. So if you have been or know of someone in this situation I would be most grateful if you could let me know if the controls on the Magic Mouse work with Microstation or if I need to get a mouse with a scroll wheel.
Furthermore if I do need to get a standard mouse w/ scroll wheel what would you recommend? It can be within the same budget as the magic mouse but has to be wireless (Bluetooth preferred), ergonomic and well designed. Thank you all for taking your time to read this rather lengthy description and I do look forward to hopeful helpful comments.
Oh and have a wonderful New Year!
- Asked by Samson E
- Dec 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Would the Magic Mouse work with Microstation (Run via Bootcamp/ Parallel)?)