Similar questions from the community
can it be used left or right handed ?
need to know if it can be used on the left hand side of the keyboard as i am left handed
- Asked by Anne R
- Jul 29, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be used left or right handed ?)
Can you turn off right click capability on a magic trackpad?
I am left-handed and would like to disable the right-click feature of my Magic Trackpad. Is there a way to do this?
- Asked by Mitch M from Goodlettsville
- May 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you turn off right click capability on a magic trackpad?)
will magic trackpad work for left hand?
In other words, will it recognize all the gestures when done reversed with the left hand?
- Asked by Richard B from Camarillo
- May 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will magic trackpad work for left hand?)
Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands
On the MBP which has the same trackpad, I have to click on one corner with my finger of one hand and with my other hand I can drag either to highlight several items or drag and drop items or both. If you look the TrackPad options in the System Preference... it is called Secondary Click under One Finger. The reason I ask is the location of the trackpad would be on the right or left of the keyboard rather than in front if it were to replace the mouse. How does one achieve the Secondary Click with one hand?
- Asked by Brad K from Maple Grove
- Jul 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands)
Can it have BOTH custom right click AND custom double click (in addition to single click)?
My main application requires lots of left button clicking, double clicking and right button clicking. These are variously combined with dragging. You can imagine the many different combinations not possible (or very tiring) with a standard mouse. I'm currently using the four-button Kensington Turbo Mouse. Would the MTP be a good replacement?
- Asked by Kenneth C from Rodeo
- Mar 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it have BOTH custom right click AND custom double click (in addition to single click)?)
Does it provide 3 button functionality for X11 (left, middle, right)?
X11 users need left, middle and right clicks.
The mighty mouse does not provide this intrinsically;
you have to install an application like MagicPrefs.
Does the Magic Trackpad support it?
- Asked by Jeffrey F from Ann Arbor
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it provide 3 button functionality for X11 (left, middle, right)?)
Can you 4 finger swipe left or right to change desktops on MacBook pro
- Asked by David H from Parma Heights
- Aug 23, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you 4 finger swipe left or right to change desktops on MacBook pro)
resizing screen with trackpad
I can't figure out how to resize my screen using the trackpad like I can using the mouse by clicking on the bottom right hand corner and moving the mouse. Anyone know how to do this with the trackpad?
- Asked by Jill B from The Villages
- Jan 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (resizing screen with trackpad)
Will it clip onto the right or left end of a keyboard, to make a one-piece input device?
I currently use an Apple wireless keyboard and mouse with a Mac mini in my multimedia system, and find that the mouse is always rolling to where it doesn't belong. It would be very cool if I could attach a keyboard and trackpad as s single unit that always stayed together.
- Asked by Graeme H from Burnaby
- Jul 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it clip onto the right or left end of a keyboard, to make a one-piece input device?)
Does it work on excel? The magic mouse does not scroll with any precission left-right- jumps and goes pages & spinning ball My mighty mouse works OK
Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?
I am currently running a stock 21.5 " i5 iMac 4GB RAM and notice that I only max out about 2.50 Gb or so memory when multitasking and using the system normally.
I recently purchased a magic trackpad which I have had replaced by Apple as my old one was faulty and have found that in one spot of the trackpad I get slight cursor delay.
This was the exact same problem (there were other problems also with my old one) that happened with my previous trackpad so I'm starting to think this now must be a software fault.
Unless there are any issues with mountain lion (I'm running the latest version) that I'm not aware of the only other explanation I can think of is the RAM.
Would RAM have an effect on cursor delay on a trackpad? I find it hard to believe I've had two trackpads with the same issue and it has been in the exact same place (In the bottom right hand corner of the pad)
Would upgrading my RAM to 8GB have any effect?
Any thoughts on the issue?
(I was also thinking it may be related to the notification centre gesture in some way as you have to swipe with two fingers from the right to active this)
- Asked by Jonathan H
- Oct 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?)
do you need two hands to operate like the mbp.
With the mbp you need two hands to operate it correctly. What about the new trackpad when you click and drag an icon can you do this with one hand like you can with a mouse (one hand).
- Asked by Paul F from Maribyrnong
- Aug 10, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need two hands to operate like the mbp.)
Customizing the gestures on Magic Trackpad - Can I change the pinch function to close a window rather than its usual function (Launch Pad?
I open and close multiple windows of Safari, & PDFs during my work day. It would be nice to be able to just use the pinch function to close the window rather than drag the finger across the track pad to find the little red button at the top left hand corner of the window and click it. In short can we customize the gestures on the track pad?
Thanks in Advance!
- Asked by Venunath M from Bartlett
- Oct 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Customizing the gestures on Magic Trackpad - Can I change the pinch function to close a window rather than its usual function (Launch Pad?)
Can it be configured for right click?
- Asked by Herbert G from Melbourne
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be configured for right click?)