Similar questions from the community
Two Magic Trackpads: one for cursor, one as numeric?
I'd like to have a wireless keyboard (that I have) and a Magic Trackpad (ditto), but I'd also need a numeric pad as one of my key programs (Vectorworks) needs it.
There is a nasty piece of plastic for the last purpose, but I wonder if I could have a Mobee Magic Numpad in a second Magic TP simultaneously.
- Asked by Petri S from Helsinki
- Feb 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Two Magic Trackpads: one for cursor, one as numeric?)
Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?
I am currently running a stock 21.5 " i5 iMac 4GB RAM and notice that I only max out about 2.50 Gb or so memory when multitasking and using the system normally.
I recently purchased a magic trackpad which I have had replaced by Apple as my old one was faulty and have found that in one spot of the trackpad I get slight cursor delay.
This was the exact same problem (there were other problems also with my old one) that happened with my previous trackpad so I'm starting to think this now must be a software fault.
Unless there are any issues with mountain lion (I'm running the latest version) that I'm not aware of the only other explanation I can think of is the RAM.
Would RAM have an effect on cursor delay on a trackpad? I find it hard to believe I've had two trackpads with the same issue and it has been in the exact same place (In the bottom right hand corner of the pad)
Would upgrading my RAM to 8GB have any effect?
Any thoughts on the issue?
(I was also thinking it may be related to the notification centre gesture in some way as you have to swipe with two fingers from the right to active this)
- Asked by Jonathan H
- Oct 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?)
Does the Magic Trackpad have a gyroscope?
It would only make sense for it to have one. Especially since they have the Mac app store, so does it?
- Asked by Chris H from Minneapolis
- Mar 23, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Magic Trackpad have a gyroscope?)
Locking a Magic Trackpad
Does anyone know of a way to secure a Magic Trackpad? I am wanting to use one for work, but am not sure how to secure it to my desk to make sure someone doesn't steal it. Is there a way to do this?
- Asked by Luke S from Aloha
- Jul 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Locking a Magic Trackpad)
No answers yet
Can trackpad be programed to track with two fingers
At 60yo my fingers are not as nimble as they once were. I'm really having trouble tracking with one finger and would like to know if there is a way to configure to reverse the one and two finger options?
- Asked by Stuart C from Fort Morgan
- Nov 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can trackpad be programed to track with two fingers)
Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?
Based on my research - pinch/zoom, other advanced multi-touch functions are gone but simple click to select & pointer functions work. But can I still use tap to select? Vertical &/or Horizontal Scroll? Adjust tap sensitivity & cursor speed?
Need trackpad instead of a mouse to deal with RSI (repetitive stress injury on click finger) – there aren’t that many to pick from & have really mixed reviews. No doubt this one is the best for mac, but not sure about in Windows. I don't need the most advanced functions, but have to be able to switch to the tap to select and adjust some basic sensitivity settings.
I went to the store to ask but the people there didn't even know there was a driver out for PC / Windows...Please help!
- Asked by Heather B from The Woodlands
- Jul 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?)
Is there any way to use this as a virtual numeric pad?
As an owner of the wireless keyboard, something I'm lacking is a non-obtrusive numeric pad. Is it (or will it be) possible to use the Magic Trackpad as a numeric pad as well?
- Asked by Shane H from Memphis
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there any way to use this as a virtual numeric pad?)
Cursor control with the trackpad on my MacBook Pro is much less precise than the trackball on my Mac Pro. How does the Magic Trackpad compare?
- Asked by Matthew T from New York
- Jul 31, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Cursor control with the trackpad on my MacBook Pro is much less precise than the trackball on my Mac Pro. How does the Magic Trackpad compare?)
Does the Magic Trackpad sit at the same angle as the WIRED Apple Keyboard with numeric keypad?
I have seen in several places that the Magic Trackpad sits at exactly the same angle as the bluetooth keyboard but does it sit at exactly the same angle as the wired keyboard? By implication I suspect it doesn't as the wired keyboard doesn't have a battery compartment and if it were at the same angle I suspect Apple would mention it.
- Asked by Timothy John F from Madrid
- Sep 17, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Magic Trackpad sit at the same angle as the WIRED Apple Keyboard with numeric keypad?)
can I use magic trackpad to change a picture on ESPN 360 when it has 4 box with a game in each
I want to be able to sit on couch and switch from one game to the other without moving to desk top so I want to use trackpad to click on box that I want to listen to game of the four I am viewing simultaneously
- Asked by Robert C from Alexandria
- Sep 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use magic trackpad to change a picture on ESPN 360 when it has 4 box with a game in each)
do you need two hands to operate like the mbp.
With the mbp you need two hands to operate it correctly. What about the new trackpad when you click and drag an icon can you do this with one hand like you can with a mouse (one hand).
- Asked by Paul F from Maribyrnong
- Aug 10, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need two hands to operate like the mbp.)
Can you use a stylus with it?
Does the Magic Trackpad except a stylus such as the after market ones available for the iPad? Could this replace a tablet?
- Asked by Steedan C from Penetanguishene
- Jul 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use a stylus with it?)
will one trackpad work with multiple macs?
I have a macbook and a macbook pro. Can one trackpad be synced with both of my macs?
- Asked by Brett V from Allentown
- Apr 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will one trackpad work with multiple macs?)
Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands
On the MBP which has the same trackpad, I have to click on one corner with my finger of one hand and with my other hand I can drag either to highlight several items or drag and drop items or both. If you look the TrackPad options in the System Preference... it is called Secondary Click under One Finger. The reason I ask is the location of the trackpad would be on the right or left of the keyboard rather than in front if it were to replace the mouse. How does one achieve the Secondary Click with one hand?
- Asked by Brad K from Maple Grove
- Jul 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands)
Does the Magic Trackpad suffer and of the same erratic behaviours that the wireless magic mouse suffers?
I have two magic mice and they both "wander" or scroll of there own accord and it is very frustrating.
- Asked by Kate F from Bellfield
- May 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Magic Trackpad suffer and of the same erratic behaviours that the wireless magic mouse suffers?)
Can we use 3 Magic Trackpads in a small 3 Mac station office?
Since I didn't have to enter a numeric identifier, like with a phone or keyboard, can the Magic Trackpad be "assigned" to a specific computer?
- Asked by Jerry J from Bellevue
- Aug 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can we use 3 Magic Trackpads in a small 3 Mac station office?)
Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?
I use SketchUp and use a two-button and scroll-wheel/button mouse. The center wheel controls zoom, but is also a button and when clicked controls orbit/pan/etc. Major workflow requirement. Does the Magicpad emulate this in any way?
ALSO! Majorly important for using the pad with one hand.. My Win laptop has a feature/option (in accessibility options, I believe) that allows you to double-tap to grab a window or object, and the grab locks the click-down action until you click a second time to release it. i.e. You can double tap to start a drag, then pick up your finger and move the item as necessary, then tap again to finish the move. no need to hold your thumb and twist your hand around to move the other finger. I use this a lot. Is this an option as well?
- Asked by Don E from Portland
- Jun 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?)
Will it work on my Linux workstation?
I have a MacBook Pro at home (and some of my lucky colleagues have one at work too). I'd like to use the Magic Trackpad on my Linux workstation.
- Asked by Timothy M from Newton
- Aug 11, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work on my Linux workstation?)