Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
I don't have a Mac, does that mean I can't use this keyboard for my Ipad?
- Asked by Misti B from Rapid City
- Jul 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I don't have a Mac, does that mean I can't use this keyboard for my Ipad?)
Can I set up this keyboard on my Ipad without a Mac?
I have an Ipad with retina display, but I don't have any Mac computers, and no plan to buy a Mac computer. Can I set up this keyboard on my Ipad without a Mac computer?
- Asked by Shi Hong C from Kuching
- Jul 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I set up this keyboard on my Ipad without a Mac?)
Configure Apple Wireless Keyboard for iPad with a PC??
I don't have a mac, but do have an iPad and would like to purchase the Apple Wireless Keyboard to use with it. From the system requirements info it appears that you need a mac to configure the wireless keyboard before use. Is there anyway to get around this with a PC? I've read on several different sites on how to pair the wireless keyboard with a PC, but I wanted to double check that I will be able to use the keyboard with the iPad if I do this.
- Asked by Jenny C from Silverdale
- Jun 10, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Configure Apple Wireless Keyboard for iPad with a PC??)
Why would I want a keyboard with the ipad?
I don't have my ipad yet, but want to have all the accessories ready when it arrives. The reviews about the keyboard are good, but I don't understand why I
would need one. Don't you just type on the ipad?
- Asked by Dana B from Daytona Beach
- Apr 18, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Why would I want a keyboard with the ipad?)
How to remap caps-lock and control keys on the wireless keyboard when used with the iPad?
I dislike the position of the control key and finds the caps-lock key mostly useless, so the first thing I do with any keyboard on the Mac is to swap the meaning of these keys in the
OSX keyboard prefererences' modifier keys panel.
Is there a way to do the same on the iPad?
Not being able to so is pretty much a showstopper for me.
- Asked by Vuichiap L from Menlo Park
- Jul 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How to remap caps-lock and control keys on the wireless keyboard when used with the iPad?)
Does the wireless keyboard work with iPads?
Does the wireless keyboard only work for Mac? Or is it compatible with iPads as well?..
- Asked by Brandon M from Corrales
- Nov 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the wireless keyboard work with iPads?)
Can I use this keyboard if I have just an iPad not a Mac computer
I have a iPad and would like to buy a keyboard for it. Can I buy a wireless keyboard even if I do not have a Mac computer? Thank you
- Asked by James M from Riverside
- Jan 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this keyboard if I have just an iPad not a Mac computer)
Can I use this keyboard with my PC if I have a bluetooth dongle??
I would like to upgrade to a wireless keyboard and mouse, but will soon be switching to a Mac. If I buy the keyboard now, will it work on my PC? I don't have Bluetooth, but I can buy a USB dongle and add it pretty easily right?
- Asked by Daniel B from Martel
- Dec 22, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this keyboard with my PC if I have a bluetooth dongle??)
I need basic directions for use of the wireless keyboard and the ipad. The directions for use were not in my package.
I purchased the new apple wireless bluetooth keyboard, MC 184LL/a but no directions or documentation. I need help with set up and what all the keys mean . especially the top row and relationship to music.
- Asked by Marcia H from Traverse City
- Jul 2, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (I need basic directions for use of the wireless keyboard and the ipad. The directions for use were not in my package.)
I have just bought a New I Pad 3 and want to by a wireless keyboard for it.
It says that a system requirement is that you have a Bluetooth-enabled MAC computer with MAC OS X with v10.6.8 or later and existing keyboard and mouse for initial setup.
So if I don't own a MAC computer I can't get a wireless keyboard for my I PAD ?
- Asked by Nancy G from Wappingers Falls
- Mar 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I have just bought a New I Pad 3 and want to by a wireless keyboard for it.)
can you use this keyboard for multitasking?
Can this keyboard can be configured to enable the multitasking bar on the ipad?
- Asked by Robert H from Drumbo
- Jan 31, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use this keyboard for multitasking?)
Can i use the wireless keyboard on a 2008 MacBook running on OS 10.5.8?
Some of my keys are malfunctioning and i would like to use a wireless keyboard that can be recognized by my Mac running on OS 10.5.8 and at the same time compatible with iPad Mini.
- Asked by Crecencio C from Manila
- Jan 7, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use the wireless keyboard on a 2008 MacBook running on OS 10.5.8?)
Is there a Korean keyboard for a mac?
- Asked by Christopher D from New York
- Dec 31, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a Korean keyboard for a mac?)
Apple Bluetooth keyboard---special function keys for iPad 3?
I have seen a good answer to a question about getting a list of function keys for the Apple Bluetooth keyboard---but it seems to address only using the keyboard with a Mac (laptop). Is there a list of special function keys that work with an iPad 3? I am particularly interested in which special function keys (if any) there are that work with an iPad 3 that one could not find on a non-Apple keyboard (such as a Motorola wireless keyboard, that works fine with entering text such as letters, numbers, and symbols). In other words what---in terms of function or navigation keys---makes the Apple Bluetooth keyboard better than other Bluetooth keyboards?
- Asked by James B from Olympia
- Jul 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Bluetooth keyboard---special function keys for iPad 3?)
I am a major in Spanish and am looking for a Bluetooth keyboard that I can use both Spanish for my classes and English for my friends and family to be used for iPad 2. I have the Spanish keyboard on my iPad keyboard and the English one as well. Is there a way I can do that and just use one keyboard?
- Asked by Lindsay G from Fleetwood
- Apr 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (International keyboard)
compare wireless keyboard with ipad keyboard for use withe the ipad.
- Asked by Marco R from New York
- Dec 29, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (compare wireless keyboard with ipad keyboard for use withe the ipad.)
Can I the apple wireless keyboard switch between being used with an iPad and an iPhone quickly and easily?
I am thinking of buying this keyboard for use with my iPad mini and iPhone 5S.
First - I know that it will work with either of these devices, my question is NOT about that.
What I am trying to find out is how easy it is to go from one to the other. Do I have to set it up manually, each time I want to switch which device I am using it with? Or, can I pair the keyboard to both devices and then just use it with either? If so, then if I were to start typing on my iPhone, but then wanted to carry on typing on my iPad, how would I do that? Would I need to turn off my iPhone? Or would I have to go into settings and re-pair it?
I see that there is a Logitech keyboard that has buttons so you can switch quickly between Mac, iPad and IPhone very quickly, without pairing manually via iOS settings every time you switch, but it costs more (at time of writing on the Apple Store) and I would prefer an Apple branded product.
Thanks for any help from my fellow Apple-addicts! Hope I explained this query clearly!!