Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?
I have been using a Windows desktop at home and my office. Although I have never had a laptop, I have been planning to buy an Apple laptop for use when I travel. However, I recently used an Apple and found its keyboard, in one particular way, to be inferior to the standard keyboards that I have been accustomed to using. Do you agree?
A conventional keyboard has two keys to make deletions. The backspace key deletes characters to the left of the cursor. The delete key deletes characters to the right of the cursor. In contrast, the Apple keyboard has only one key to make deletions. It is the delete key and it deletes characters to the left of the cursor. It appears that if I want to delete characters to the right of the cursor, there is no way to do that directly and simply. Am I correct about that? I must either use a second key or I must first highlight the text and then delete it.
Using a non-Apple conventional keyboard, it is also possible to delete an entire word and one adjacent space in only two strokes by using a combination of the control key and the delete key. The same can be done in the other direction using the control key and the backspace key. How would these two types of deletion most efficiently be done with an Apple keyboard?
The reality seems to be that two keys to delete can operate more efficiently, in more directions, than only one (Apple). Do you agree that the Apple keyboard is less efficient in making deletions than the conventional keyboard when using Word software? What is the best way to get around that inefficiency in a MacBookPro? If there is no way around it, should this discourage me from getting an Apple since I do lots of word processing and deletions?
Does the Apple keyboard have any advantages over the conventional keyboard that I should be aware of?
- Asked by Robert J from Granger
- Feb 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?)
The one delete key moves left, is there a single keystroke way to delete right with this keyboard?
Other larger keyboards have a second delete key that will delete to the right, but I have not yet found a way to do it on this keyboard with a single keystroke.
- Asked by Phil M from South Lake Tahoe
- Nov 24, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (The one delete key moves left, is there a single keystroke way to delete right with this keyboard?)
just got an imac as a holiday gift for our family. Is a way to have a backspace and a delete button on the keyboard?
- Asked by William K from Bettendorf
- Jan 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (just got an imac as a holiday gift for our family. Is a way to have a backspace and a delete button on the keyboard?)
keying accents on a spanish keyboard.
What is the most effective way to type a letter with an accent above it on an Apple wireless Spanish Keyboard? Can fuction keys be used too?
- Asked by Roy H from Victoria
- Sep 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (keying accents on a spanish keyboard.)
Does the delete button also function as a backspace button?
Some delete buttons only work purely as a delete button. That is- you have to put the cursor behind the word you are deleting. So in the precious sentence I would have to put the cursor over the n to delete the g. So, does the delete button work as a backspace button when typing or a purely delete button?
- Asked by Barbra P from Canton
- Mar 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the delete button also function as a backspace button?)
What would be the equivalent of the NumLock key on the new wireless keyboard?
Have the new Apple wireless keyboard. But need NumLock key for certain games.
- Asked by Melinda F from Clayton
- Jul 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What would be the equivalent of the NumLock key on the new wireless keyboard?)
does this keyboard have a scroll key and how do I unlock it
- Asked by Wendy W from Fort Lee
- Feb 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does this keyboard have a scroll key and how do I unlock it)
Where is the insert key on wireless keyboard
- Asked by Dennis T from Duck Key
- Jul 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Where is the insert key on wireless keyboard)
No answers yet
Apple Bluetooth keyboard---special function keys for iPad 3?
I have seen a good answer to a question about getting a list of function keys for the Apple Bluetooth keyboard---but it seems to address only using the keyboard with a Mac (laptop). Is there a list of special function keys that work with an iPad 3? I am particularly interested in which special function keys (if any) there are that work with an iPad 3 that one could not find on a non-Apple keyboard (such as a Motorola wireless keyboard, that works fine with entering text such as letters, numbers, and symbols). In other words what---in terms of function or navigation keys---makes the Apple Bluetooth keyboard better than other Bluetooth keyboards?
- Asked by James B from Olympia
- Jul 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Bluetooth keyboard---special function keys for iPad 3?)
Can I unlock keys on a wireless key pad
I just put new batteries in my wireless keyboard but can't type so I can't log on to see if Bluetooth is on what can I do to get it to sync
- Asked by Julie A from Boulder
- May 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I unlock keys on a wireless key pad)
No answers yet
Where is the eject key on the keyboard
- Asked by Richard N from Oro Valley
- Mar 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Where is the eject key on the keyboard)
Does the ipad on screen keyboard have a Enter key
- Asked by Gordon G from Mechanicsville
- Jun 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the ipad on screen keyboard have a Enter key)
Can I the apple wireless keyboard switch between being used with an iPad and an iPhone quickly and easily?
I am thinking of buying this keyboard for use with my iPad mini and iPhone 5S.
First - I know that it will work with either of these devices, my question is NOT about that.
What I am trying to find out is how easy it is to go from one to the other. Do I have to set it up manually, each time I want to switch which device I am using it with? Or, can I pair the keyboard to both devices and then just use it with either? If so, then if I were to start typing on my iPhone, but then wanted to carry on typing on my iPad, how would I do that? Would I need to turn off my iPhone? Or would I have to go into settings and re-pair it?
I see that there is a Logitech keyboard that has buttons so you can switch quickly between Mac, iPad and IPhone very quickly, without pairing manually via iOS settings every time you switch, but it costs more (at time of writing on the Apple Store) and I would prefer an Apple branded product.
Thanks for any help from my fellow Apple-addicts! Hope I explained this query clearly!!
Can I get Danish keys on the keyboard?
Is there anyway I can get the Danish keys on this keyboard?
- Asked by Caroline H
- Oct 17, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I get Danish keys on the keyboard?)
No answers yet
Does it have a Thai language on key of keyboard?
I use Thai language. I wonder that the key on keyboard has Thai alphabet.
- Asked by Kitwat K from West Palm Beach
- Oct 21, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it have a Thai language on key of keyboard?)
Do they have a keyboard with Cyrillic keys?
I type in both languages English and Russian. Therefore, to have a keyboard with Cyrillic keys is very important for me. Is it possible to order such thing? Thank you.
- Asked by Mikhail S from Vancouver
- Nov 19, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Do they have a keyboard with Cyrillic keys?)
Can the iPad specific keys from the iPad Keyboard Dock be remapped to the Apple wireless keyboard?
The iPad keyboard dock has keys for iPad specific features. Is that functionality completely lost when using the bluetooth keyboard?
- Asked by Frank I from Easton
- Apr 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the iPad specific keys from the iPad Keyboard Dock be remapped to the Apple wireless keyboard?)