Similar questions from the community
Does the battery drain faster when a Macbook Pro is paired with a Magic Mouse?
Some devices such as cellphones drain a whole lot faster and heat up when bluetooth is left on. My concern is that I may be wasting battery life when I leave the bluetooth on for the Macbook Pro just for a wireless mouse.
- Asked by Justin P
- Mar 11, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the battery drain faster when a Macbook Pro is paired with a Magic Mouse?)
How much more power drain does the Magic Mouse cause to a MacBook Pro compared to a wired mouse?
In a few months I'll be purchasing a MacBook Pro. I'll be setting it up as a desktop with an external HP monitor, an Apple Magic Mouse, an Apple wireless keyboard and a mini Displayport to DVI adaptor. But I'll also use it as laptop sometimes. And I'll probably bring it to school occasionally. I really don't like trackpads very much; I tend to prefer a mouse. So,when i bring it to school I'd like to use the Apple Magic Mouse so I don't need to use the trackpad. I would like to know how much more power using the Magic Mouse would draw from the MacBook Pro compared to a wired mouse. I'd also like to know how long the Macbook Pro's battery would last when I'm using the Magic Mouse with it . I'm asking these questions because the Apple Magic Mouse uses Bluetooth and I know that Bluetooth uses a lot of power.
- Asked by Joshua B from Waterford
- Aug 29, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How much more power drain does the Magic Mouse cause to a MacBook Pro compared to a wired mouse?)
Is it safe to leave my magic mouse on and bluetooth on my macbook pro all day and night for everyday?
Dose it drain alot of batteries? Let me know thanks guys.
- Asked by Anthony T from Akron
- Nov 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it safe to leave my magic mouse on and bluetooth on my macbook pro all day and night for everyday?)
How do I replace the batteries on a magic mouse and keep it paired with my iMac?
- Asked by William R from Pacific Grove
- Mar 14, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I replace the batteries on a magic mouse and keep it paired with my iMac?)
I have purchased it today, but it will ship to me in 2 weeks.
I have one question though, how can i connect it to my brand new Macbook Pro?
I haven't got the magic mouse yet, so i might not know anything yet.
But i want to make sure that i know what to do so i can install it quickly.
- Asked by Andrew T from Vancouver
- Jan 8, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Magic Mouse)
Can you use the Magic Mouse with the Macbook Pro 13"?
- Asked by David C from Yateley
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the Magic Mouse with the Macbook Pro 13"?)
Can you pair a MacBook Pro with 2 of these so you can have one at work and one at home and not have to carry the paired one with you everywhere?
I take my laptop to work with me each day and packing up my wireless keyboard and magic mouse each day to take them with me is getting annoying. Therefore I would like to know if its possible to have 2 magic mice both paired to the laptop.
This would mean I could then leave one at work and one at home and remove all the hassle. Also if this is possible do you have to break the pairing with the other one as I would not want to have to keep pairing the devices each time I get to work or back home in the evening.
Does the magic mouse have a case?
I travel a lot with my MacBook Pro, and I consider that using the mouse is reasonably more confortable than the integrated trackpad. I use the original case (the one in which I bought the Mouse) to protect it, but it is fairly big and the mouse can move inside.
Here comes my question:
Is there an official or unofficial case in which the Magic Mouse would snugly fit in?
- Asked by Alex L from Alboraya
- Jan 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the magic mouse have a case?)
No answers yet
Can I use the Apple Magic Mouse with a new Macbook pro?
- Asked by Julio C V from Barcelona
- Jul 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Apple Magic Mouse with a new Macbook pro?)
Will the Magic Mouse result in power drain if your Mac is left on all the time?
A lot of people put their systems to sleep; mine is powered pretty much all day. Does that mean the Magic Mouse will drain power while on in the background?
- Asked by Steven S from San Francisco
- Oct 22, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Magic Mouse result in power drain if your Mac is left on all the time?)
How to replace batteries in the Magic Mouse
How does the mouse open - I don't want to break it,. It was my understanding that the battery would last 3-4months . My Mac is about 2months old. What type of battery is required?
- Asked by Esther Z from North Vancouver
- Dec 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How to replace batteries in the Magic Mouse)
Does the mouse work with an Mac Pro that has no mouse software?
I have a MacBook Pro and want to use the magic mouse; however, I don't have any mouse software. If I buy the mouse and download, will it work?
- Asked by Judith M from Fairmont
- Nov 30, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the mouse work with an Mac Pro that has no mouse software?)