Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
What cable do I need to connect my Macbook5.1 Intel Core 2 Duo to a data projector and should I also buy a vga to dvi adaptor and if yes which one.
- Asked by James L from Moose Jaw
- Mar 3, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do I need to connect my Macbook5.1 Intel Core 2 Duo to a data projector and should I also buy a vga to dvi adaptor and if yes which one.)
What adaptor do I need to connect my imac intel core 2 core to another screen via 9 pin,
I have so many adaptors from past machines but none of them fit, why change the connection every time? so we have to but new leads!!! which new one do I now need?
- Asked by Darren C from Sowerby Bridge
- Sep 4, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (What adaptor do I need to connect my imac intel core 2 core to another screen via 9 pin,)
WHAT ADAPTER IS NEED TO USE A DUAL (2) MONITOR SETUP FOR MAC MINI
I have MAC MINI (Serial #G87221GMWOD), MODELIDENTIFIER "macmini1,1", (1.83 GHz), Intel Core Duo, 2 cores, 2 GB.
I currently have one monitor. a ViewSonic
Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
I would like to add another monitor similar to my current ViewSonic, except for a larger display (22").
As I am not technically inclined, not to mention I'm 81 years old, I would appreciate your information as to how to setup/attach the new monitor to my current setup. The end result being that both monitors display the same information.
I appreciate and thank you for any assistance may be able to pass along to me.
Very truly you,
Franklin B. Dreyer
- Asked by Franklin B. D from North Quincy
- Oct 12, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (WHAT ADAPTER IS NEED TO USE A DUAL (2) MONITOR SETUP FOR MAC MINI)
I am looking for the correct cable to connect to a VGA projector (iMac 11,2 intel core i3) Is it the mini-DVI to VGA or the mini display port to VGA?
Can I connect my Apple 20" Cinema Display which was connected to a G5 to a MacBook Pro?
The MacBook is 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 and the Cinama display is the original plastic one that came with the G5 and has a 30pin + 4small pins around a flat pin. Any ideas would be appreciated.
- Asked by Alan K
- Jul 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my Apple 20" Cinema Display which was connected to a G5 to a MacBook Pro?)
Can I connect my 27'' Intel Core i7 iMac to a Power Mac G4?
I have a Power Mac G4 Sawtooth with a Radeon 9800 Pro Graphics card. Can I, with this adapter, connect my new 27" iMac to it?
- Asked by Steven P from Saint Paul
- Feb 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my 27'' Intel Core i7 iMac to a Power Mac G4?)
Is the mini display port on the MacBook Pro 13 inch 2.53 any different from the old MacBook 2.4
I want to use a digital projector with the new MacBook Pro that I just ordered but want to know if I need a new adapter cord or if I can use my old one
- Asked by Chick H from Calistoga
- Mar 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the mini display port on the MacBook Pro 13 inch 2.53 any different from the old MacBook 2.4)
Does this adapter carry analog signals, converts it, or uses apple trickery?
This is really bugging me. I want to hook my unibody mbp up to my tv via composite cable. Composite is roughly the analog components of VGA. VGA is analog, correct? but the pin-out on the mini display port does not specify a dedicated analog path. but it does have vague reverences to non-video data lines (pin 2 and 4)
I have tried mini DP ->DVI-I adapter, to a DVI-I -> component cable with no success. (implying no analog present at all)
so, how is analog getting out of the port for VGA? is there a feedback resistor inside the adapter which is communicating with the video card to specify digital for the DVI-d adapter, and analog for the VGA adapter? what this all is implying to me is you only get analog out of the graphics card with a VGA adapter and only digital with the DVI-d.
- Asked by Tucker P from Loveland
- Oct 15, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter carry analog signals, converts it, or uses apple trickery?)
How can I connect my mac book air 11'' to a LAN cable using USB ports for internet access if no wireless but only LAN connection?
My Macbook Air does not have a Port where a LAN internet cable could be plugged onto my Macbook.
I need a cable with one end that could be connected to the USB port on my Macbook and the other end of the cable will accept internet cable with LAN (ethernet) plug.
I need this cable connector so if I do not have access to wireless internet connection so I could use the LAN connections.
Will this adapter work connecting the first generation iPad with a MacBook pro?
I am in the process of looking to buy a new laptop. I have the iPad, not the iPad 2. I am hoping there is some sort of adapter that I can buy to connect the iPad to my MacBook pro? Thus it would serve as a "link" between the 2 so I could switch screens and drag items from one screen to the other?
Thank you very much for your time.
- Asked by Erica E from Boyertown
- Jul 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work connecting the first generation iPad with a MacBook pro?)
Is there an adapter to connect an iPhone 3 or 4 to a multimedia projector?
I have an iPhone4 and would like to hook it up to a multimedia projector. I know the MC552ZM/B adapter will work with an iPad2 for the same purpose, but I have not been successful in using the same adapter with my iPhone and the projector.
- Asked by Alice H from Harlingen
- Feb 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an adapter to connect an iPhone 3 or 4 to a multimedia projector?)
Mini Display Port to S-Video or Component Video adapter for new MacMini?
My TV has 3 HDMI ports: 2 on the back and one on the front. Cable and Blueray are plugged in the back. I have a new Mac mini hooked up to the front HDMI port but it does not look tidy. Is there a cable that I can connect the new Mac mini to the rear component or S-Video ports on the back of my TV?
- Asked by Declan M from Lakeland
- Jul 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Mini Display Port to S-Video or Component Video adapter for new MacMini?)
I want to use my Mac Book Pro, Intel Chip w/Parrallel 5, as a second monitor with my office PC running windows XP. What cables and how do I do it?
The macbook pro has windows XP also.
- Asked by Harris B from East Islip
- Jan 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to use my Mac Book Pro, Intel Chip w/Parrallel 5, as a second monitor with my office PC running windows XP. What cables and how do I do it?)
I want to connect my MacBook Pro (Brand New) to my Receiver through hdmi to receive audio & video signals at same time 1 cord and get audio/video ??
I have a home surround receiver that up converts video ( 3 hdmi ins 1 out to tv). So i send the cable ( from wall ) service signal first to it then to tv. I want to send the MacBook Pro ( 13" & 15" brand new 2011) audio & video from mini dvi to receiver using just 1 one cable from laptop. Not using the earphone jack so i can get true surround sound from laptop and video signals. I have seen 1 on Newegg site do you have compatible cable/adaptor??
Can this adapter be used for the iphone 4? If not, what do you suggest?
- Asked by Sarah W from Venice
- Dec 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used for the iphone 4? If not, what do you suggest?)