Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
can i get a dvi to vga cable cord longer than 6 inches
- Asked by Justin R from Austin
- Jul 21, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can i get a dvi to vga cable cord longer than 6 inches)
is there a Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter with a longer cord?
it seems in every picture and the one that i have that the adapter is available with only one cord length. it looks like it might be two inches/5cm? is there an adapter with a longer cord?
- Asked by Reginald H
- May 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter with a longer cord?)
connect mac mini to a projector
I have a HDMI to DVI female cable which I received with the Mac mini. How can I get a DVI male to VGA Cable?
- Asked by Cevaan D
- Feb 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (connect mac mini to a projector)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
No answers yet
What would be the noticeable difference between connecting my 24" monitor to my MBP with a Mini DisplayPort->VGA vs. Mini DisplayPort->DVI?
I have always used a DVI cable to connect my computer to my monitor (with a DVI-I connection), but recently updated my MacBook Pro, and have realized that Apple has changed the connection they support. They only make Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D. The Apple genius at the store wasn't able to help me, or explain why they had made the switch. Right now I need to decide which connector to buy, and whether it makes sense to go out of my way to also get new DVI cables for my monitor setup.
- Asked by Matthew S from Decatur
- Mar 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What would be the noticeable difference between connecting my 24" monitor to my MBP with a Mini DisplayPort->VGA vs. Mini DisplayPort->DVI?)
Can I use the mini display port cable to VGA on a MBA 11 inch with Thunderbolt port?
Considering to buy either MBA 11 inch or the MB Pro Retina and wonder if I can use the old cable to any of these or both of them?
Grateful for answers,
- Asked by Fredrik S
- Jun 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the mini display port cable to VGA on a MBA 11 inch with Thunderbolt port?)
Will this work for a 13 inch mid-2009 Macbook Pro?
I recently purchased a Mini-DVI to VGA Adapter to hook up my MacBook Pro to an external monitor, but the cord would not plug in to my MacBook because the laptop itself was too old of a version. The description says that this adapter is compatible with Mini Displayport and Thunderbolt ports. I'm fairly sure it will work for me, but I want to make sure before I spend another $30.00. Do Macbook Pros from mid-2009 have Mini Displayports?
- Asked by Nolan Q from Bryan
- Jun 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work for a 13 inch mid-2009 Macbook Pro?)
I am looking for the correct cable to connect to a VGA projector (iMac 11,2 intel core i3) Is it the mini-DVI to VGA or the mini display port to VGA?
I want to connect my MacBook Pro (Brand New) to my Receiver through hdmi to receive audio & video signals at same time 1 cord and get audio/video ??
I have a home surround receiver that up converts video ( 3 hdmi ins 1 out to tv). So i send the cable ( from wall ) service signal first to it then to tv. I want to send the MacBook Pro ( 13" & 15" brand new 2011) audio & video from mini dvi to receiver using just 1 one cable from laptop. Not using the earphone jack so i can get true surround sound from laptop and video signals. I have seen 1 on Newegg site do you have compatible cable/adaptor??
what cable do i get for ibook G4 to VGA? i lost my original one
the mini port thing
- Asked by Daniel R from Coquille
- Jun 18, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable do i get for ibook G4 to VGA? i lost my original one)
Does this adapter carry analog signals, converts it, or uses apple trickery?
This is really bugging me. I want to hook my unibody mbp up to my tv via composite cable. Composite is roughly the analog components of VGA. VGA is analog, correct? but the pin-out on the mini display port does not specify a dedicated analog path. but it does have vague reverences to non-video data lines (pin 2 and 4)
I have tried mini DP ->DVI-I adapter, to a DVI-I -> component cable with no success. (implying no analog present at all)
so, how is analog getting out of the port for VGA? is there a feedback resistor inside the adapter which is communicating with the video card to specify digital for the DVI-d adapter, and analog for the VGA adapter? what this all is implying to me is you only get analog out of the graphics card with a VGA adapter and only digital with the DVI-d.
- Asked by Tucker P from Loveland
- Oct 15, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter carry analog signals, converts it, or uses apple trickery?)
I have the new macbook pro 13 inch march 2010 onwards. Can I get a vga to svideo adapter and connect this to my standard definition tv?
what is the difference between Mini display port to VGA and the Mini DVI to VGA
- Asked by Rasha Y from Charlotte
- Feb 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between Mini display port to VGA and the Mini DVI to VGA)
Does a MiniDisplay Port to VGA Adaptor Combatible with the combination of MacBook Pro 13 inch an Dell Monitor?
Im thinking about getting the MiniDisplay Port to VGA Adaptor soon,will it work with a dell monitor?
What cable do I need to connect 3.1GHz imac to VGA? There is no video port on it.
I have a new 27-inch: 3.1GHz iMac, and it has no mini video port. I'm not sure what I need to connect a VGA projector to it.
- Asked by James S from Grand Blanc
- Jun 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do I need to connect 3.1GHz imac to VGA? There is no video port on it.)