Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
How can I use the Mac Mini with two monitors?
- Asked by Gustavo & Ceci R from Mississauga
- Oct 15, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I use the Mac Mini with two monitors?)
Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?
I have a Mac Mini server and a 17" MacBook Pro and would like to connect both to my 24" Mac Display. Both have the mini display port. Is there a switcher available to do this?
- Asked by Terry T from Ingleside
- Dec 25, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?)
does mini work with dell monitor
i just decided to purchase a mac mini and I'm waiting for it to arrive - but now I'm panicking because my current Dell monitor may not be compatible. Is this possible? Can I connect my new mac mini to an older Dell monitor?
- Asked by Richard C from Chalfont
- Aug 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (does mini work with dell monitor)
Will a Mini DisplayPort connector on a Dual-Link DVI to Mini DisplayPort adapter plug into a thunderbolt port on the new cylindrical Mac Pro and work?
I have two 30" Apple monitors that have DVI connectors. I want to buy a new MacPro, but use my two old 30" monitors. I'm trying to find a solution for this since the Mac Pro doesn't have DVI connections.
Can I connect a mac air with an extra monitor as well as ethernet ?
I bought one thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter and one Mini Display Port to DVI adapter. But there is only one thunderbolt on Mac Air. How can I connect an extra monitor as well as Ethernet?
- Asked by Tsz Yu O
- Dec 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a mac air with an extra monitor as well as ethernet ?)
Is this the part that I need for setting up a dual Monitor on a Mac Pro???
I have just purchased a Mac Pro 8 core 2.66 for video, websites and graphic design. I currently have two perfectly good Samsung P2250 22-Inch Widescreen Touch of Color monitors. I would like to set up a dual monitor system. Is this the part I need to achieve this?
- Asked by Joseph A
- Apr 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the part that I need for setting up a dual Monitor on a Mac Pro???)
can i connect macbook pro to two monitors
display on macbook pro
- Asked by Greg B
- Jan 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect macbook pro to two monitors)
can i connect a macbook air to two monitors?
- Asked by David N from Rockville
- Aug 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect a macbook air to two monitors?)
No answers yet
can I connect my mac mini " late 2012" to an Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27 monitor?
Mac mini "late 2012":
Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2,6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MM61.0106.B03
SMC Version (system): 2.8f1
Serial Number (system): C07LV2H1DY3H
Hardware UUID: A473DC4B-EBA1-540E-AD02-006882757BED
i want to use an Eizo 27 inch monitor:Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27
Is this possible? Whay connector should I use?
- Asked by Harm B
- Oct 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect my mac mini " late 2012" to an Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27 monitor?)
What kind of display port is on a late 2009 mac mini
I have A mac mini and want to buy a IPS monitor. It is said this will work with an appropriate adapter if my mini has "a display port model" or a "dual link dvi port".
I cannot find the specs to tell if my mini has one of these or not. Anyone know how to tell?
It has a NVIDIA Geforce 9400M (UMA) Port?
- Asked by Ron W from Hillsboro
- Dec 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of display port is on a late 2009 mac mini)
Can I connect my macbook pro Retina to two x "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-link DVI Adapter" driving 2 x Dell 2560x1600 monitors?
I have a macbook pro Retina. I am happy using it with a Displayport Dual-DVI adapter with a Dell monitor (2560 x 1600). I would like to know if I can order a second adapter and connect my macbook pro Retina to a 2nd exactly the same monitor?
Thank you in advance.
- Asked by Mehran S from Miami
- Feb 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my macbook pro Retina to two x "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-link DVI Adapter" driving 2 x Dell 2560x1600 monitors?)
How can i add three monitors to my iMac?
My brother gave me two of his monitors and I already have extra monitor that i use with my imac. I dont want to sell the extra 2 monitors i got. How can i connect the extra 2 monitors to my imac?
- Asked by Michael M from Colorado Springs
- Mar 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How can i add three monitors to my iMac?)
No answers yet
I have 2 iMacs and I would like to connect them both to an external monitor. Also be able to switch between the two. How can I do that?
I have a personal iMac and an iMac used strictly for work on loan from my employer. I have limited space in my office. I need a way to connect both of my iMacs preferably through dvi to 1 LCD monitor. I want to be able to use that LCD monitor as a second display on both iMacs with the ability to switch between computers. I've read that a KVM switch maybe what I'm looking for. However I've also read it described as a way to control 2 PC's with one keyboard and mouse, that is not what I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated.
- Asked by Francisco R from Zephyrhills
- May 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have 2 iMacs and I would like to connect them both to an external monitor. Also be able to switch between the two. How can I do that?)
Better to use this or a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor?
I have a Dell U2711 with both DVI-D and DisplayPort inputs at 2560x1440. I have been using this DVI-D adaptor for about a month with a new Mac Mini. Works OK except that when the Mac Mini wakes up from sleep, sometimes the monitor has video snow and I have to power cycle it. (Yes, I am running 1.03 firmware).
There is a well-reviewed Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor made by Altaz, on Amazon. Normally I would have bought this in the first place, but I was worried that it was not sold by the Apple Store. It's much cheaper with much better reviews than this product.
So should I try the Altaz adaptor? Is it better to go with Mini Display Port to DisplayPort rather than Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D? Is it a red flag that Apple does not sell a Mini Display Port to Display Port solution, but only the Mini Display Port to DVI-D product?
- Asked by Lewis S from Berkeley
- Sep 21, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Better to use this or a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor?)
Can this adapter be used on a PC and Dell monitor?
I just purchased a Dell Ultra Sharp 32" monitor and it only has hdmi and displayport output. My PC computer's graphic card has DVI. I want to get the 2560x1600 resolution and I thought this cable would work. I connected the mini displayport to the monitor, USB to the computer and the DVI port to the graphics card. I can't get it to work. The monitor says mini displayport not active even after turning on computer. Thanks.
- Asked by Mark B from Westland
- Feb 24, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used on a PC and Dell monitor?)
Would this setup work? Mac Mini -> Mini DisplayPort to DVI Dual Link Adapter -> DVI Dual Link to HDMI Adapter -> HDMI Cable to 1080p TV? 2560x1600?
Would I be able to get the 2560x1600 resolution out of my Mac Mini if using the following series of adapters...
Mac Mini -> Mini DisplayPort to DVI Dual Link Adapter -> DVI Dual Link to HDMI Adapter -> HDMI Cable to 1080p TV?
Or would the HDMI adapter downscale the resolution?
I intend on using my 32" 1080p HDTV up close as a monitor, and therefore require a high resolution. Is this possible?
Help will be greatly appreciated.