Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Do I need to take up one of my USB ports on my MBP when using this dual link mini-dvi cable?
I just upgraded my MBP to the latest model. It no longer has an input DVI port as the old one did. I also have a MAC 30" monitor. I am not sure if I need to take up one of the 2 USB ports for theDual-Link DVI adapter. I have the mini-dvi port plugged in, but am a bit stumped as if or why I would need to take up one USB ports.
- Asked by Gregory M from Raleigh
- Dec 5, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to take up one of my USB ports on my MBP when using this dual link mini-dvi cable?)
why would I need to spend £60 on a Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter? what is the advantage over the DVI adaptor that comes with a mac mini?
I'm about to buy a mac mini and will connect it to a 32" Philips HD TV via the DVI input. I'm totally stumped as to why I should buy a £60 cable when the mac mini comes with a mini-DVI to DVI connector anyway ... am I missing something here?
Would the One 30' Apple Cinema DIsplay work perfectly with latest Mac Mini when using Dual Link DVI Adapter?
I am planning to buy Mac Mini as my side computer and since we have spare 30'Apple Cinema Display I would like to be sure it works...
- Asked by Michal C from Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- May 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Would the One 30' Apple Cinema DIsplay work perfectly with latest Mac Mini when using Dual Link DVI Adapter?)
Would this setup work? Mac Mini -> Mini DisplayPort to DVI Dual Link Adapter -> DVI Dual Link to HDMI Adapter -> HDMI Cable to 1080p TV? 2560x1600?
Would I be able to get the 2560x1600 resolution out of my Mac Mini if using the following series of adapters...
Mac Mini -> Mini DisplayPort to DVI Dual Link Adapter -> DVI Dual Link to HDMI Adapter -> HDMI Cable to 1080p TV?
Or would the HDMI adapter downscale the resolution?
I intend on using my 32" 1080p HDTV up close as a monitor, and therefore require a high resolution. Is this possible?
Help will be greatly appreciated.
MiniDisplayPort to DVI Dual-link + Dual-link splitter?
Currently I have two DVI monitors (Dell 19", 1600x1200 each) connected to a dual link splitter on my desktop PC. I want to replace the PC with my MBP (2011) and drive both monitors as my primary desktop. Will the MBP see the splitter as two monitors the way the PC does? Or will it see them as a single larger screen? I'm concerned that it will see the monitors as a single screen and then my dock will end up split across the two.
- Asked by Brandon F from San Jose
- Aug 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (MiniDisplayPort to DVI Dual-link + Dual-link splitter?)
What kind of display port is on a late 2009 mac mini
I have A mac mini and want to buy a IPS monitor. It is said this will work with an appropriate adapter if my mini has "a display port model" or a "dual link dvi port".
I cannot find the specs to tell if my mini has one of these or not. Anyone know how to tell?
It has a NVIDIA Geforce 9400M (UMA) Port?
- Asked by Ron W from Hillsboro
- Dec 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of display port is on a late 2009 mac mini)
Will a Mini DisplayPort connector on a Dual-Link DVI to Mini DisplayPort adapter plug into a thunderbolt port on the new cylindrical Mac Pro and work?
I have two 30" Apple monitors that have DVI connectors. I want to buy a new MacPro, but use my two old 30" monitors. I'm trying to find a solution for this since the Mac Pro doesn't have DVI connections.
Can I use the mini DisplayPort to dual Link DVI adapter with the Belkin Thunderbolt express doc?
I'm planning on buying the new Belkin Thunderbolt express doc to use it in my office to hook up a mac air. I have a Dell 27" high resolution display and I have to hook it to a mini DisplayPort to dual Link DVI adapter, in order to drive the diplay at its native high resolution.
Will I be able to hook the mini DisplayPort to dual Link DVI adapter at the end of a thunderbolt chain: mac -> Belkin -> thunderbolt hard drive -> mini DisplayPort to dual Link DVI?
- Asked by Roberto H from El Cerrito
- May 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the mini DisplayPort to dual Link DVI adapter with the Belkin Thunderbolt express doc?)
Does the Mini DisplayPort support analog video and if so can I use the Mini DisplayPort to Dual Link DVI with a DVI to VGA adapter
- Asked by Joel S from Mercersburg
- Oct 27, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Mini DisplayPort support analog video and if so can I use the Mini DisplayPort to Dual Link DVI with a DVI to VGA adapter)
can i use this Mini Display Port to Dual-Link DVI Adapter to connect my 17" 2.5 ghz core duo laptop to apples 24" LED screen?
- Asked by Russ K from Dubai
- Aug 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this Mini Display Port to Dual-Link DVI Adapter to connect my 17" 2.5 ghz core duo laptop to apples 24" LED screen?)
Does the Mini DisplayPort on the new 13" MacBook Pro (OCT '09) put out an audio signal as well as the video signal, or is it 'video-out' only?
I Need to connect my new 13" MacBook Pro to 32" Philips HDTV. I have Apple Bluetooth wireless/keyboard. I hope to use the MacBook as a desktop with the display closed, using the Philips HDTV for display and audio. My TV has 3 HDMI ports and 1 USB 2.0 port.
Online AppleStore salesperson told me that for the VIDEO signal I needed an adapter to convert the Mac's Mini DisplayPort to DVI, then plug into a cable with DVI on one end and HDMI on other, to then plug into the TV's HDMI port. To get AUDIO signal from the Mac to the TV she told me I needed a "Y" cable to plug into the Mac's 'Audio-out' Headphones Jack. Said without this cable the TV's speakers wouldn't work, and I'd only get sound from the MacBook Pro's built-in speakers.
Descriptions for HDMI cables at several online stores claimed they were all-in-one cables carrying both video and audio signals. Will the HDMI cable do everything, or do I still need the "Y" cable from the Mac's headphone jack to power the TV speakers?
- Asked by J. Todd M from East Haven
- Oct 22, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Mini DisplayPort on the new 13" MacBook Pro (OCT '09) put out an audio signal as well as the video signal, or is it 'video-out' only?)
I would like to connect my imac to a the cinema display screen using this lead isit possible and isit the right connection?
I wondering if this mini displayport to dual link dvi adapter will work with an imac next to it connected so i will be working onto screens?
Alienware m14x with Alienware m2310 monitor
I have an alienware m14x laptop with a 3d capable video card and a mini display port. Can I use apples mini display port to dual link dvi cable to enable 120hz 3d signal on my alien ware m2310 3d monitor?
- Asked by Michael D from Linden Park
- Jun 12, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Alienware m14x with Alienware m2310 monitor)
No answers yet
Can I connect my macbook pro Retina to two x "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-link DVI Adapter" driving 2 x Dell 2560x1600 monitors?
I have a macbook pro Retina. I am happy using it with a Displayport Dual-DVI adapter with a Dell monitor (2560 x 1600). I would like to know if I can order a second adapter and connect my macbook pro Retina to a 2nd exactly the same monitor?
Thank you in advance.
- Asked by Mehran S from Miami
- Feb 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my macbook pro Retina to two x "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-link DVI Adapter" driving 2 x Dell 2560x1600 monitors?)