Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
How can I use the Mac Mini with two monitors?
- Asked by Gustavo & Ceci R from Mississauga
- Oct 15, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I use the Mac Mini with two monitors?)
Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?
I have a Mac Mini server and a 17" MacBook Pro and would like to connect both to my 24" Mac Display. Both have the mini display port. Is there a switcher available to do this?
- Asked by Terry T from Ingleside
- Dec 25, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?)
does mini work with dell monitor
i just decided to purchase a mac mini and I'm waiting for it to arrive - but now I'm panicking because my current Dell monitor may not be compatible. Is this possible? Can I connect my new mac mini to an older Dell monitor?
- Asked by Richard C from Chalfont
- Aug 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (does mini work with dell monitor)
Will a Mini DisplayPort connector on a Dual-Link DVI to Mini DisplayPort adapter plug into a thunderbolt port on the new cylindrical Mac Pro and work?
I have two 30" Apple monitors that have DVI connectors. I want to buy a new MacPro, but use my two old 30" monitors. I'm trying to find a solution for this since the Mac Pro doesn't have DVI connections.
Is this the part that I need for setting up a dual Monitor on a Mac Pro???
I have just purchased a Mac Pro 8 core 2.66 for video, websites and graphic design. I currently have two perfectly good Samsung P2250 22-Inch Widescreen Touch of Color monitors. I would like to set up a dual monitor system. Is this the part I need to achieve this?
- Asked by Joseph A
- Apr 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the part that I need for setting up a dual Monitor on a Mac Pro???)
can i connect macbook pro to two monitors
display on macbook pro
- Asked by Greg B
- Jan 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect macbook pro to two monitors)
can i connect a macbook air to two monitors?
- Asked by David N from Rockville
- Aug 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect a macbook air to two monitors?)
No answers yet
can I connect my mac mini " late 2012" to an Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27 monitor?
Mac mini "late 2012":
Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2,6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MM61.0106.B03
SMC Version (system): 2.8f1
Serial Number (system): C07LV2H1DY3H
Hardware UUID: A473DC4B-EBA1-540E-AD02-006882757BED
i want to use an Eizo 27 inch monitor:Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27
Is this possible? Whay connector should I use?
- Asked by Harm B
- Oct 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect my mac mini " late 2012" to an Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27 monitor?)
What kind of display port is on a late 2009 mac mini
I have A mac mini and want to buy a IPS monitor. It is said this will work with an appropriate adapter if my mini has "a display port model" or a "dual link dvi port".
I cannot find the specs to tell if my mini has one of these or not. Anyone know how to tell?
It has a NVIDIA Geforce 9400M (UMA) Port?
- Asked by Ron W from Hillsboro
- Dec 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of display port is on a late 2009 mac mini)
Can I connect my macbook pro Retina to two x "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-link DVI Adapter" driving 2 x Dell 2560x1600 monitors?
I have a macbook pro Retina. I am happy using it with a Displayport Dual-DVI adapter with a Dell monitor (2560 x 1600). I would like to know if I can order a second adapter and connect my macbook pro Retina to a 2nd exactly the same monitor?
Thank you in advance.
- Asked by Mehran S from Miami
- Feb 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my macbook pro Retina to two x "Mini DisplayPort to Dual-link DVI Adapter" driving 2 x Dell 2560x1600 monitors?)
I have 2 iMacs and I would like to connect them both to an external monitor. Also be able to switch between the two. How can I do that?
I have a personal iMac and an iMac used strictly for work on loan from my employer. I have limited space in my office. I need a way to connect both of my iMacs preferably through dvi to 1 LCD monitor. I want to be able to use that LCD monitor as a second display on both iMacs with the ability to switch between computers. I've read that a KVM switch maybe what I'm looking for. However I've also read it described as a way to control 2 PC's with one keyboard and mouse, that is not what I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated.
- Asked by Francisco R from Zephyrhills
- May 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have 2 iMacs and I would like to connect them both to an external monitor. Also be able to switch between the two. How can I do that?)
Better to use this or a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor?
I have a Dell U2711 with both DVI-D and DisplayPort inputs at 2560x1440. I have been using this DVI-D adaptor for about a month with a new Mac Mini. Works OK except that when the Mac Mini wakes up from sleep, sometimes the monitor has video snow and I have to power cycle it. (Yes, I am running 1.03 firmware).
There is a well-reviewed Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor made by Altaz, on Amazon. Normally I would have bought this in the first place, but I was worried that it was not sold by the Apple Store. It's much cheaper with much better reviews than this product.
So should I try the Altaz adaptor? Is it better to go with Mini Display Port to DisplayPort rather than Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D? Is it a red flag that Apple does not sell a Mini Display Port to Display Port solution, but only the Mini Display Port to DVI-D product?
- Asked by Lewis S from Berkeley
- Sep 21, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Better to use this or a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor?)
Would this setup work? Mac Mini -> Mini DisplayPort to DVI Dual Link Adapter -> DVI Dual Link to HDMI Adapter -> HDMI Cable to 1080p TV? 2560x1600?
Would I be able to get the 2560x1600 resolution out of my Mac Mini if using the following series of adapters...
Mac Mini -> Mini DisplayPort to DVI Dual Link Adapter -> DVI Dual Link to HDMI Adapter -> HDMI Cable to 1080p TV?
Or would the HDMI adapter downscale the resolution?
I intend on using my 32" 1080p HDTV up close as a monitor, and therefore require a high resolution. Is this possible?
Help will be greatly appreciated.
Do I need to take up one of my USB ports on my MBP when using this dual link mini-dvi cable?
I just upgraded my MBP to the latest model. It no longer has an input DVI port as the old one did. I also have a MAC 30" monitor. I am not sure if I need to take up one of the 2 USB ports for theDual-Link DVI adapter. I have the mini-dvi port plugged in, but am a bit stumped as if or why I would need to take up one USB ports.
- Asked by Gregory M from Raleigh
- Dec 5, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to take up one of my USB ports on my MBP when using this dual link mini-dvi cable?)
can i connect my old Mac Pro with DVi input to new Mac monitor with miniport?
just bought a new Mac Led 27" monitor but found the input is a miniport, my old Mac Pro is a DVI port so is there ant adapter i can buy to connect them?
- Asked by Maria C
- Mar 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect my old Mac Pro with DVi input to new Mac monitor with miniport?)
Is it possible to link 2 extra monitors to my macbook pro? One monitor is VGA and the other is DVI and I would like to connect them both.
I bought a splitter cable that splits the dvi signal into two outputs -one VGA and one DVI output but only one of the connected monitors pick up the signal when they are both plugged in, the other one says no signal and then goes to sleep.