Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
What kind of display port is on a late 2009 mac mini
I have A mac mini and want to buy a IPS monitor. It is said this will work with an appropriate adapter if my mini has "a display port model" or a "dual link dvi port".
I cannot find the specs to tell if my mini has one of these or not. Anyone know how to tell?
It has a NVIDIA Geforce 9400M (UMA) Port?
- Asked by Ron W from Hillsboro
- Dec 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of display port is on a late 2009 mac mini)
My macbook (mid 2008) mini display port is bigger than the new mini display port plug, is there an adapter to get?
Trying to plug my 30" Cinema Display (late 2008) into my macbook and imac with this adapter, but the mini display port plug (male) is much smaller than the ports on my computers. Is there an adapter for the 2 sizes to work? Or did I just waist $100 on a plug I can't use?
- Asked by Jeremy M from Overland Park
- Jan 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (My macbook (mid 2008) mini display port is bigger than the new mini display port plug, is there an adapter to get?)
Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?
I have a Mac Mini server and a 17" MacBook Pro and would like to connect both to my 24" Mac Display. Both have the mini display port. Is there a switcher available to do this?
- Asked by Terry T from Ingleside
- Dec 25, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to connect two Mac's to one monitor?)
Will this work on a mac mini with an hdmi port?
Just wondered, as it comes up for an accessory of the mac mini on the Apple Store.
- Asked by Grant W from Watford
- Oct 18, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work on a mac mini with an hdmi port?)
No answers yet
Will the Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter work with an Xserve (Early 2009) and a 30" Apple Cinema Display?
If it does work, does it do so at full resolution of the display?
- Asked by Charles L from Canton
- Aug 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter work with an Xserve (Early 2009) and a 30" Apple Cinema Display?)
Better to use this or a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor?
I have a Dell U2711 with both DVI-D and DisplayPort inputs at 2560x1440. I have been using this DVI-D adaptor for about a month with a new Mac Mini. Works OK except that when the Mac Mini wakes up from sleep, sometimes the monitor has video snow and I have to power cycle it. (Yes, I am running 1.03 firmware).
There is a well-reviewed Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor made by Altaz, on Amazon. Normally I would have bought this in the first place, but I was worried that it was not sold by the Apple Store. It's much cheaper with much better reviews than this product.
So should I try the Altaz adaptor? Is it better to go with Mini Display Port to DisplayPort rather than Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D? Is it a red flag that Apple does not sell a Mini Display Port to Display Port solution, but only the Mini Display Port to DVI-D product?
- Asked by Lewis S from Berkeley
- Sep 21, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Better to use this or a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor?)
Is this the only adapter that fits the mini display port on the second generation Macbook Pro?
I am trying to find an adapter so that I can use my computer wither with my tv or a second monitor. This is the only wire I can find that will fit the new mini display port. Is there one more similar to the cheaper adapter for the older macbooks or is this the only wire that will fit my mini display port?
- Asked by Michelle S from Tewksbury
- Feb 21, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the only adapter that fits the mini display port on the second generation Macbook Pro?)
How do I connect a June 2010 iMac (with a mini-display port) to the MacBook Air (a thunderbolt port), so I can use the macbook air as a second screen?
Is the Mini DisplayPort to dual link DVI adaptor the right connector to connect the new 27" apple cinema display to a late 2008 MacPro?
- Asked by Holly B from Grand Forks
- Oct 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Mini DisplayPort to dual link DVI adaptor the right connector to connect the new 27" apple cinema display to a late 2008 MacPro?)
can I connect my mac mini " late 2012" to an Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27 monitor?
Mac mini "late 2012":
Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2,6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MM61.0106.B03
SMC Version (system): 2.8f1
Serial Number (system): C07LV2H1DY3H
Hardware UUID: A473DC4B-EBA1-540E-AD02-006882757BED
i want to use an Eizo 27 inch monitor:Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27
Is this possible? Whay connector should I use?
- Asked by Harm B
- Oct 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect my mac mini " late 2012" to an Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27 monitor?)
Will this item allow me to connect a 2nd 30' Apple display to a MacPro 5.1 & Radeon 5770 using the mini display port ?
The fist 30' ACD is connected to the DVI port and is working fine.
The second would be connected to the mini display-port (the card has 2) using this adapter.
Anybody having this setup ?
- Asked by Mircea N from Pierrefonds
- Sep 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this item allow me to connect a 2nd 30' Apple display to a MacPro 5.1 & Radeon 5770 using the mini display port ?)
Does the Mini DisplayPort on the new 13" MacBook Pro (OCT '09) put out an audio signal as well as the video signal, or is it 'video-out' only?
I Need to connect my new 13" MacBook Pro to 32" Philips HDTV. I have Apple Bluetooth wireless/keyboard. I hope to use the MacBook as a desktop with the display closed, using the Philips HDTV for display and audio. My TV has 3 HDMI ports and 1 USB 2.0 port.
Online AppleStore salesperson told me that for the VIDEO signal I needed an adapter to convert the Mac's Mini DisplayPort to DVI, then plug into a cable with DVI on one end and HDMI on other, to then plug into the TV's HDMI port. To get AUDIO signal from the Mac to the TV she told me I needed a "Y" cable to plug into the Mac's 'Audio-out' Headphones Jack. Said without this cable the TV's speakers wouldn't work, and I'd only get sound from the MacBook Pro's built-in speakers.
Descriptions for HDMI cables at several online stores claimed they were all-in-one cables carrying both video and audio signals. Will the HDMI cable do everything, or do I still need the "Y" cable from the Mac's headphone jack to power the TV speakers?
- Asked by J. Todd M from East Haven
- Oct 22, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Mini DisplayPort on the new 13" MacBook Pro (OCT '09) put out an audio signal as well as the video signal, or is it 'video-out' only?)