Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Help!!! I am about to buy an Iiyama Prolite E2410HDSD 24" 1080p Monitor and don't know which adapter to buy for my 15" MacBook Pro.
It looks like a possible minefield connecting these together if I buy the wrong adapter and so many posts appear to have had problems! I think it is the Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter but cannot be sure. Is DVI the same as DVI-D?
I also have an Apple Wireless keyboard and Magic Trackpad. The 24' monitor will be the icing on the cake.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Which cables do I need to hook up a macbook to a macbook pro?
I own a macbook and just bought a macbook pro and was wondering which cables to buy to use the old macbook as an external display. I've seen people use two laptops and drag a program from one screen to another but I have no idea what I need in order to do that. Would really appreciate some help! Thanks
- Asked by Kaitlyn P from Forest
- Jul 11, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Which cables do I need to hook up a macbook to a macbook pro?)
so to connect my macbook pro to my vizio hdtv, i need to buy 3 cables, a mini display port to dvi, a dvi to hdmi and a cable for sound?? help
I have a new MacBook Pro 10/09 and want to connect it to Panasonic which has HDMI 3 connection. Which adapter/cables do I need? Sound cables too?
Dongle to attach my 13-inch macbook pro (bought in May 2012) to a projector?
I have an old dongle from my old macbook, and it doesn't fit. Does anyone know which dongle I should buy to fit into my 13-inch macbook pro that I bought in May 2012? I am hooking it up to a projector in the classroom.
As an aside, what is a thunderbolt for? I don't get these new ports!
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!!!
- Asked by Ricki G from Tolland
- Sep 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Dongle to attach my 13-inch macbook pro (bought in May 2012) to a projector?)
Help!!! Mini displayport to DVI-D?
What exactly do I need to connect the mini display port on my Macbook Pro to my monitor that has a DVD-D port?Can I use the mini displayport DVI-I adapter I already have or do I need another kind of adaptor? What kind of cable exactly? Thanks
- Asked by Russell S from New York
- Apr 14, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Help!!! Mini displayport to DVI-D?)
I have a MacBook Pro 2010 and want to hook it up to a Toshiba 2010 tv i have a Monster cable550 hd for hdmi and the mini Display port help please
Will this work with a Samsung display once I buy the DVI adaptor?
I have purchased a Samsung 2033 display. I want to use this with my Macbook Pro. Once I purchase this adapter will I be able to use it as the monitor for my laptop? and keep my laptop closed?
- Asked by Joe V from Washington
- Jan 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a Samsung display once I buy the DVI adaptor?)
Could my macbook Pro(has the thunder bolt) use this connect to my iMac?
I have a 2011Fall MacBook Pro and I am trying to connect to my iMac(mid-2010, do not have thunderbolt). I am trying to use my iMac as a bigger screen, or make the two screen work together (as an extended screen), will this product work for that?
If not, what should I get? Please help ToT
I try to call the apple hotline but its extremly hard to decribe my question to the robot.... I went to the school apple store but they do not know how to do this either.... ;(
- Asked by Huining L from Chico
- Apr 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Could my macbook Pro(has the thunder bolt) use this connect to my iMac?)
what cables do i need to connect my 2011 13" macbook pro to a cinema display?
just bought a 2011 13" macbook pro on the day they came out, i am now looking into getting a cinema display but was wondering what cables were required to connect the two together.
- Asked by Amanda T
- Feb 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (what cables do i need to connect my 2011 13" macbook pro to a cinema display?)
Does this work with IMAC 24 inch Late 2008 and Macbook Air?
- Asked by Susan L from Oakland
- Nov 1, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with IMAC 24 inch Late 2008 and Macbook Air?)
how can i hook up my playstation 3 and macbook pro?
i bought a mini dvi to hdmi converter that says it will accept input and output, so how would i play my playstation off the macbook? i have tried connecting the two and turning them both on and nothing happens.
- Asked by Oliver F from Ponte Vedra Beach
- Nov 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (how can i hook up my playstation 3 and macbook pro?)
How can I hook up my Cintiq 21 to my MacBook Pro
Can I use the Mini Display Port to DVI adapter for $29 or do I have to go for the highly priced Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter at $99?. I can't find what the denefits are for paying 3X. Also, there are a lot of VERY negative comments about the Dual-Link adapter al over the web.
- Asked by John P from Mystic
- Jan 21, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I hook up my Cintiq 21 to my MacBook Pro)
I have a 'Mini Display Port' to 'DVI' cable - does this cable help for new model of Macbook Air to TV?
I just want to see videos from my Macbook Air to my TV.
On my TV, I can't find a HDMI plug for it, only a DVI plug to connect to.
So I bought a 'Mini Display Port' to 'DVI' cable.. I'm new to this, what am I doing wrong?
- Asked by Isabel A from Oakwood
- Oct 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a 'Mini Display Port' to 'DVI' cable - does this cable help for new model of Macbook Air to TV?)
Is the thunderbolt display port on my macbook pro an input or an output only?
I am wanting to connect my Sony NEX FS-100 up to my MacBook Pro so that I can have a high quality live stream webcast. I have an HDMI output on my camera, and I have a thunderbolt display port on my MacBook Pro. I have found a HDMI --> Thunderbolt cable, but I need to know if the Thunderbolt port on my MacBook Pro is an input/output or an output only.
- Asked by Clark N from Marina
- Oct 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the thunderbolt display port on my macbook pro an input or an output only?)
MacBook Pro Retina and 3 monitor support
Can I use two of these adapters to hookup two 1600x1200 DVI monitors and also run a 1920x1080 monitor hooked up to the HDMI port?
- Asked by Stefan C from Bundoora
- Jun 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Pro Retina and 3 monitor support)
No answers yet
can i connect this adapter to my macbook?
I want to connect my computer to a flat screen tv in my room, but i am not sure what kind of adapter to buy
- Asked by Angel B from Roxbury
- Mar 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect this adapter to my macbook?)
No answers yet