Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can a "skin" be purchased for this keyboard?
I would like to purchase a "skin" to cover my new Apple keyboard w/numeric keypad. Is something like this available?
- Asked by Bruce J A from Lino Lakes
- Feb 17, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a "skin" be purchased for this keyboard?)
KEYBOARD SOFTWARE UPDATE?
I just upgraded the software on my old Macbook Pro to Snow Leopard bc I bought an external USB keyboard (mac, with numerical keypad), and I was told that it needed 10.6.8 to work.
However, when I type on it, it does not type letters... but symbols.
Not sure if I need to do a keyboard software update... and if so, where to get such a thing.
- Asked by Aarti S from Los Angeles
- Mar 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (KEYBOARD SOFTWARE UPDATE?)
No answers yet
Do the function keys and special buttons also work on windows computers. And... is the USB port full powered 2.0?
I'm a windows user. I know I need to buy a Mac guys (already got the iPhone =D) But is this lovely looking keyboard also full functional for Windows? I mean, can you use all the function/special/numeric Keys?
Also I'd like to know if the USB ports on the sides of the keyboard are full powered. If I'd connect my iPhone, would it be charged?
Is there a way to power on a MacBook Pro with this keyboard?
I want to replace a desktop with my MacBook Pro. I would like to leave the mouse, keyboard, monitor connected and was wondering if there is a way to power on the macbook pro with the keyboard instead of opening the laptop because it will be sitting in a stand.
- Asked by Frederick N from Brick
- Aug 17, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to power on a MacBook Pro with this keyboard?)
Where is the hash symbol '#' on this keyboard?
Perhaps I am just not seeing it but where is the hash symbol '#' on this keyboard? On the macbook pro it is next to the pound sign on the 3 key but I can't see it in the image provided.
- Asked by Gavin S from Westhill
- Jan 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Where is the hash symbol '#' on this keyboard?)
will i be able to select a boot option such as a cd or other commands that may require me holding down the command key on a g3,g4,g5(via usb)?
i want to boot into the installer cd but on a windows keyboard and it won't let me. Also the computer is a G3 running 10.4.2 and the keyboard is wireless. I fix computers and i just wanted to know if i could use this keyboard to use boot options with other mac's. Thanks.
- Asked by Iury B from Marietta
- Aug 25, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (will i be able to select a boot option such as a cd or other commands that may require me holding down the command key on a g3,g4,g5(via usb)?)
Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?
I have been using a Windows desktop at home and my office. Although I have never had a laptop, I have been planning to buy an Apple laptop for use when I travel. However, I recently used an Apple and found its keyboard, in one particular way, to be inferior to the standard keyboards that I have been accustomed to using. Do you agree?
A conventional keyboard has two keys to make deletions. The backspace key deletes characters to the left of the cursor. The delete key deletes characters to the right of the cursor. In contrast, the Apple keyboard has only one key to make deletions. It is the delete key and it deletes characters to the left of the cursor. It appears that if I want to delete characters to the right of the cursor, there is no way to do that directly and simply. Am I correct about that? I must either use a second key or I must first highlight the text and then delete it.
Using a non-Apple conventional keyboard, it is also possible to delete an entire word and one adjacent space in only two strokes by using a combination of the control key and the delete key. The same can be done in the other direction using the control key and the backspace key. How would these two types of deletion most efficiently be done with an Apple keyboard?
The reality seems to be that two keys to delete can operate more efficiently, in more directions, than only one (Apple). Do you agree that the Apple keyboard is less efficient in making deletions than the conventional keyboard when using Word software? What is the best way to get around that inefficiency in a MacBookPro? If there is no way around it, should this discourage me from getting an Apple since I do lots of word processing and deletions?
Does the Apple keyboard have any advantages over the conventional keyboard that I should be aware of?
- Asked by Robert J from Granger
- Feb 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
is this a full size keyboard? are the keys larger and more spaced out than the wireless keyboard that came with my imac?
- Asked by Chad F from Johns Creek
- May 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (is this a full size keyboard? are the keys larger and more spaced out than the wireless keyboard that came with my imac?)
can the two USB ports on the keyboard also be used with my (2009) Mac book Pro's 2 usb ports at the same time? (for a total of 4 USB ports)
- Asked by Edgar M from Downey
- Dec 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can the two USB ports on the keyboard also be used with my (2009) Mac book Pro's 2 usb ports at the same time? (for a total of 4 USB ports))
Where is Power button for keyboard with numeric keypad? I've just bought a Mac mini & on start up it requests that I switch on power.
Where is the power button on the keyboard if it has 2 USB ports on either side? I can't get my Mac Mini going!
Can i use this Keyboard on iPad or just iMac and PC?
- Asked by Emad H from Scarborough
- May 23, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use this Keyboard on iPad or just iMac and PC?)
can you use wired keyboard with wireless mouse
just purchased new 27" imac
- Asked by Darren B from District Heights
- Feb 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use wired keyboard with wireless mouse)
Will this work with a 1" high keyboard wrist support?
I have a nice thick wrist/palm support right under my current mac keyboard (previous gen. - the white keyboard). It lifts up my wrist to where it's almost horizontal to where my fingers touch the keys, which is great. It helps keeps my hands more relaxed.
This super flat slim-line type model here is really hot. I want it badly. But it sits verryyy low, would this conflict my wrist support? Kind of feels like it'd add a down sloping angle on my hards towards the keyboard.
I tried to test is out at an electronics store with this keyboard with some of their wrist supports, but they wouldn't let me open the packaging for the supports, could never get an accurate feel.
What do you think?
- Asked by David C from Lawrenceville
- Oct 26, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a 1" high keyboard wrist support?)
Do I have to install anything? Can I just plug it to the USB port?
I am wondering if there is some sort of installation to use the Keyboard? My Mac cannot read any type of discs. Would I be alright by simply plugging the keyboard to the USB port?
- Asked by Jose L from Chicago
- Feb 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I have to install anything? Can I just plug it to the USB port?)
How can I order the British layout keyboard?
It defaults to German when you add the British version to the shopping cart. This is even if you select the 'British' keyboard from the main shopping page showing all the keyboards. Also is this a PROPER British keyboard with SHIFT+2 = " and not @?
- Asked by Lloyd R
- Oct 30, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I order the British layout keyboard?)