Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
is it compatible with windows ?
i am buying this keyboard and i have a windows vista laptop. will it work ?
- Asked by Paul G
- Dec 10, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (is it compatible with windows ?)
How can I reprogram my keyboard back to the windows format?
I tried to use the mac keyboard on my laptop PC that runs windows vista. It worked great.
Now I decide to go without the mac keyboard (it is not convenient to carry an extra keyboard). However, after I disconnect the apple keyboard, I realize that my PC keyboard is not working properly. What should I do to reprogram my keyboard back to windows format?
- Asked by Li-qing J from Athens
- Mar 14, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I reprogram my keyboard back to the windows format?)
Is there an Apple keyboard for an HP machine using Windows 7?
I have a one year old Mac Pro which I love. Every so often I need to use my HP computer. The HP PC keyboard isn't as nice to use as the Apple. I would like to buy the Apple wired KB for the HP. Is one made?
- Asked by James P from Roseburg
- Aug 18, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an Apple keyboard for an HP machine using Windows 7?)
Is there a numeric keypad only to use on my MacBook Air Laptop without having to buy a new keyboard?
I do alot of books and I need a ten key for my laptop. Is there one available? I don't care if it's wireless.
- Asked by Alysha L from Helena
- Nov 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a numeric keypad only to use on my MacBook Air Laptop without having to buy a new keyboard?)
Can I use this keyboard at work on a PC that is using Windows 7 Enterprise OS?
I love this keyboard and do not like the basic logictech keyboard that I am provided with at work. My company does not use Apple products; however, I would like to buy an Apple keyboard (wired with numeric keypad) and use it with my PC at work. Is this possible without having system adminstrator permissions on my PC?
- Asked by Mike G from St Albert
- May 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this keyboard at work on a PC that is using Windows 7 Enterprise OS?)
Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?
I have been using a Windows desktop at home and my office. Although I have never had a laptop, I have been planning to buy an Apple laptop for use when I travel. However, I recently used an Apple and found its keyboard, in one particular way, to be inferior to the standard keyboards that I have been accustomed to using. Do you agree?
A conventional keyboard has two keys to make deletions. The backspace key deletes characters to the left of the cursor. The delete key deletes characters to the right of the cursor. In contrast, the Apple keyboard has only one key to make deletions. It is the delete key and it deletes characters to the left of the cursor. It appears that if I want to delete characters to the right of the cursor, there is no way to do that directly and simply. Am I correct about that? I must either use a second key or I must first highlight the text and then delete it.
Using a non-Apple conventional keyboard, it is also possible to delete an entire word and one adjacent space in only two strokes by using a combination of the control key and the delete key. The same can be done in the other direction using the control key and the backspace key. How would these two types of deletion most efficiently be done with an Apple keyboard?
The reality seems to be that two keys to delete can operate more efficiently, in more directions, than only one (Apple). Do you agree that the Apple keyboard is less efficient in making deletions than the conventional keyboard when using Word software? What is the best way to get around that inefficiency in a MacBookPro? If there is no way around it, should this discourage me from getting an Apple since I do lots of word processing and deletions?
Does the Apple keyboard have any advantages over the conventional keyboard that I should be aware of?
- Asked by Robert J from Granger
- Feb 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
Can i use this keyboard on the windows xp i installed on mac?
I installed windows xp on my macbook and i want to know if the external apple keyboard with the numberic keypad would work with the windows xp.
- Asked by Zi Ming N
- Jul 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use this keyboard on the windows xp i installed on mac?)
can I use an apple keyboard with HP windows 8?
- Asked by Frances S from Newtown
- Aug 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use an apple keyboard with HP windows 8?)
No answers yet
Is this Keyboard Compatable for 27
- Asked by Rudolph V from Leesburg
- Dec 7, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this Keyboard Compatable for 27)
Can I buy a Spanish version of this keyboard in the US?
I live in the US but I would like to have the spanish version of this keyboard, where can I buy it?
- Asked by Gustavo S from Cheraw
- Jun 22, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy a Spanish version of this keyboard in the US?)
Where can i buy the US English Keyboard in Europe?
I would like to buy a US Style Apple keyboard so that I have a matching key configuration between my Mac Book Pro and external keyboard.
Unfortunately the "International Keyboard" presently offered on the UK Store has some keys (return, ~, shift, \) positioned in differently which i find very annoying.
The keyboard selection for the brand new iMac's have an option for "Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (US) and User's Guide", can anyone tell me if this keyboard is the true US style as sold in Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, USA, Canada?
Could anyone point me in the direction of a store selling the US keyboard in Europe?
- Asked by Henry M from London
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can i buy the US English Keyboard in Europe?)
will it work with a macbook laptop that's existing keyboard is not working?
- Asked by Sandeep G from Mississauga
- Sep 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work with a macbook laptop that's existing keyboard is not working?)