Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
What's the default behavior of the F7-F12 keys on Leopard OS? Function keys or Audio keys?
I have a Mac OS 10.5.8 (Leopard). I'd like to know the default behavior of the F7-F12 keys. I'd like to use it preferably to control volume, pause, next and prior the musics on iTunes without bother with any fn key combination.
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by Marcio C from Aracaju
- Jan 23, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What's the default behavior of the F7-F12 keys on Leopard OS? Function keys or Audio keys?)
do audio volume keys work with mac mini
The only reason I am buying a new keyboard is for the volume control buttons (audio up, down, and mute) -- do the work with the 2014 mac mini?
- Asked by Nicholas B from Marlborough
- Nov 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (do audio volume keys work with mac mini)
i need a keyboard for powerpc g4 os x 10.4 or a after market that is compatible model-M7803.
7,U,j,&M keys are not working. I need to startup my powerpc using the keyboard. The one I am using now does not work. Any suggestions on where i may find at least a compatible one. Also i need a good reference on purchasing a hard drive. My Boot Volume(MAC HD) went out so i some how kept keep my computer running on administrator root acct for about 3 years now on a different drive, i think it's getting ready to go.Well i just ordered a complete os x 10.4 tiger install disk and a new battery(for motherboad). I hope all this fixes the issues i have been dealing with. Any suggestions would be apprecieated. Can't get it to boot up now
- Asked by Laura J from Lake Elsinore
- Apr 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (i need a keyboard for powerpc g4 os x 10.4 or a after market that is compatible model-M7803.)
Do the function keys and special buttons also work on windows computers. And... is the USB port full powered 2.0?
I'm a windows user. I know I need to buy a Mac guys (already got the iPhone =D) But is this lovely looking keyboard also full functional for Windows? I mean, can you use all the function/special/numeric Keys?
Also I'd like to know if the USB ports on the sides of the keyboard are full powered. If I'd connect my iPhone, would it be charged?
Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?
I have been using a Windows desktop at home and my office. Although I have never had a laptop, I have been planning to buy an Apple laptop for use when I travel. However, I recently used an Apple and found its keyboard, in one particular way, to be inferior to the standard keyboards that I have been accustomed to using. Do you agree?
A conventional keyboard has two keys to make deletions. The backspace key deletes characters to the left of the cursor. The delete key deletes characters to the right of the cursor. In contrast, the Apple keyboard has only one key to make deletions. It is the delete key and it deletes characters to the left of the cursor. It appears that if I want to delete characters to the right of the cursor, there is no way to do that directly and simply. Am I correct about that? I must either use a second key or I must first highlight the text and then delete it.
Using a non-Apple conventional keyboard, it is also possible to delete an entire word and one adjacent space in only two strokes by using a combination of the control key and the delete key. The same can be done in the other direction using the control key and the backspace key. How would these two types of deletion most efficiently be done with an Apple keyboard?
The reality seems to be that two keys to delete can operate more efficiently, in more directions, than only one (Apple). Do you agree that the Apple keyboard is less efficient in making deletions than the conventional keyboard when using Word software? What is the best way to get around that inefficiency in a MacBookPro? If there is no way around it, should this discourage me from getting an Apple since I do lots of word processing and deletions?
Does the Apple keyboard have any advantages over the conventional keyboard that I should be aware of?
- Asked by Robert J from Granger
- Feb 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
what key is the insert key
- Asked by Fay I from Saint Petersburg
- Jan 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (what key is the insert key)
will i be able to select a boot option such as a cd or other commands that may require me holding down the command key on a g3,g4,g5(via usb)?
i want to boot into the installer cd but on a windows keyboard and it won't let me. Also the computer is a G3 running 10.4.2 and the keyboard is wireless. I fix computers and i just wanted to know if i could use this keyboard to use boot options with other mac's. Thanks.
- Asked by Iury B from Marietta
- Aug 25, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (will i be able to select a boot option such as a cd or other commands that may require me holding down the command key on a g3,g4,g5(via usb)?)
Is the delete key with the "x" in effect the backspace key on this keyboard? If not, is there a backspace key?
Need a backspace key.
- Asked by Ted F from Chatsworth
- Feb 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the delete key with the "x" in effect the backspace key on this keyboard? If not, is there a backspace key?)
If the keys get sticky can they come off to clean under the keys?
- Asked by Thomas M from Bath
- Nov 16, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (If the keys get sticky can they come off to clean under the keys?)
Which key functions as the equivalent to the PC "insert" key?
- Asked by Kristina N from Huntersville
- Jan 14, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Which key functions as the equivalent to the PC "insert" key?)
diagram of keyboard with explanation of each key
Is there a diagram of key board available with an explanation of each key available
- Asked by Con M from Dublin
- Feb 18, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (diagram of keyboard with explanation of each key)