Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Told that you should not have Time Machine and your clone on the same physical disk-should be on different drives in case of a drive failure -thoughts
- Asked by Donald Z from Las Vegas
- Apr 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Told that you should not have Time Machine and your clone on the same physical disk-should be on different drives in case of a drive failure -thoughts)
Can the new 21” iMac’s USB power it?
I have checked G-Technology’s website, There is a note:
“** NOTE: G-DRIVE mini is bus powered when attached to a 6 or 9-pin FireWire port. The USB port on some computers may not supply enough power to reliably operate G-DRIVE mini systems larger than 320 GB. An optional power supply is available for use with G-DRIVE mini if your system does not have a FireWire port or your USB port does not provide adequate power.”
I want to ensure that the new 21” iMac’s USB port have enough power to use this drive without using the power cord. I want to use it for Time Machine. I hate power cord, i want less cable on my desktop.
- Asked by Chung-pui K
- Dec 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the new 21” iMac’s USB power it?)
Does this model have the new Hitachi Travelstar drive inside?
- Asked by Gerald K from Kelowna
- Jan 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this model have the new Hitachi Travelstar drive inside?)
Is there a way to make the G-Drive Mini power-down on sleep when connected via Firewire to a mac running Mavericks?
The drive stays permanently on and the drive has a bright white LED. Ideally the drive should sleep/power-down when the Mac sleeps.
1. What settings need to be changed to ensure the G-Drive mini powers down?
2. Does it harm the G-Drive mini to be permanently on?
3. If a problem with Mavericks, will the problem persist in Yosemite?
does this one have a three year factory warranty
because i found the other product"G-Technology 2TB G-DRIVE Professional External Hard Drive" got a 3yr factory warranty, so i wonder if this one got the same warranty
- Asked by Yunshui Z from London
- Nov 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (does this one have a three year factory warranty)
transfer dv tape by firewire to Mac
I have digital video cassettes and wondered if I can transfer them to my Mac via Firewire and store them on my hard drive? Thank you
- Asked by David B
- Feb 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (transfer dv tape by firewire to Mac)
No answers yet
Can two of these be linked together?
I already have one of these (the 500GB model), and it is not quite enough space for what I need. I noticed that there was two Firewire ports on the back. Does this mean that I could plug it into another drive of the same kind (if I buy it) and they will both appear on my desktop? I only have one Firewire port on my MacBook Pro.
- Asked by Jardin L
- Jun 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can two of these be linked together?)
No answers yet