Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
does this ex. hard drive have a slot for memory cards?
The intent of using the hard drive is to store photos taken during an expedtion to the Galapagos Islands. One of the reasons to choose this particular device is the waterproof/shockproof aspect. I really don't want to carry my laptop onboard and risk any damage from drops on deck or into the water. If the device has a memory card slot, all will be well. If it doesn't, what would be the advice to accomplish storage of the photos (as a backup to having 5-6 memory cards, that could be lost or damaged)?
Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
- Asked by Maureen T S from Hoover
- Jul 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does this ex. hard drive have a slot for memory cards?)
HI I am thinking of using this drive with a Macbook Pro Retina asI am running out of internal disk space, what level of latency do you experience
I am going to partition the drive on the Mac Book with Win 7 and ARC GIS and will be using satellite images (0.5 to 1.0 Gb) mounted on the hard drive to analyse features I am interested in so latency is an issue for me,
does this drive have password protection
- Asked by Mark D. H from Lynchburg
- Mar 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does this drive have password protection)
No answers yet
Will this drive's thunderbolt port work with Apple's firewire adapter? I'm answering my own question as a FAQ: No it does not. See below
The drive is not seen nor does it power up when plugged into a thunderbolt to firewire adapter. I was hoping to be able to squeeze that extra attribute out but alas, it's not the case. The USB does work even with a G5 running 10.5.8
- Asked by Wolf M from Grafton
- Apr 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this drive's thunderbolt port work with Apple's firewire adapter? I'm answering my own question as a FAQ: No it does not. See below)