Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
connect thunder cable from MBP to thunder port, use 2TB as my MBP backup. Also I want to connect thunder cable from 27" iMac to the 2nd thunder port?
So as you helpful people have just read what I would like to do is have this 4TB hard drive as the back up for both my MBP and my 27". There is 2 thunder ports and I could set it up so MBP takes one of the 2 hard drives and the 27" desktop iMac uses the other 2TB hard drive.
Would this work?
Does anyone have any ideas on how I could achieve my goal.
Basically my mid 2012 MBP will have all my junk on it, personal stuff and important stuff too that I will want on the new 27" iMac when I get home. So basically the MBP is a throw around Mac and the stunning 27" is a awesome setup, all wireless sonos with digital amp and a Focal 2.1 high end wireless sound system plus wireless printer and all the pads and phones etc...
So the MBP could break and I would be deco. If the new 27" imac broke I would prob walk onto on coming traffic....
Please help and thanks in advance if anyone can help.
Can I connect an iMac with FireWire to a LacCie thunderbolt drive.
I have a 2010 27" iMac with FireWire ports and no thunderbolt ports, no doubt in the future I will upgrade to a new iMac, but for now need more storage, would like to buy a large Raid product to store my growing movie collection with a mirror backup.
- Asked by Derek R from Burbank
- Dec 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect an iMac with FireWire to a LacCie thunderbolt drive.)
which iMac's have thunderbolt ports or what dose a thunderbolt port look like
- Asked by Terry C from The Ponds
- Mar 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (which iMac's have thunderbolt ports or what dose a thunderbolt port look like)
can I use any 3.5 hard drive with this product? I want to just plug in the HDs from my aged Mac Pro - when my new 27 inch iMac arrives.
- Asked by Lawrence C from Stratford
- Mar 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use any 3.5 hard drive with this product? I want to just plug in the HDs from my aged Mac Pro - when my new 27 inch iMac arrives.)
Can I raid the LacCie thunderbolt drive but also have it for time machine backups too? Perhap by reformatting it to a lower raid size?
Can I use this with only 1 HDD inside?
Thinking of using this as a Time Machine backup, but with only 1 x 3TB hard drive inside at any one time. Basically, I want to have one backup onsite and one backup offsite, rotated weekly.
Is this possible?
Will the LaCie 2big operate with just 1 HDD inside, or does it always need 2 inside to function?
- Asked by Peter W from Oatley
- Feb 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this with only 1 HDD inside?)