Will there be a version of the Hue that's shaped liked a Flood bulb?

I would like to use these in the recessed lighting in my house but this bulb is not the correct shape for those fixtures. Even though the socket is correct, it would look odd to have these bulbs in a recessed fixture. Is there a plan to supported recessed fixtures?

  • Asked by Mike O from Westford
  • Nov 8, 2012
  • Asked about:  Philips Hue Connected Bulb

1 Answer from the Community

  • Answer

    I have them in 4" diameter recessed cans. Replaced standard R20 lamps, and they work and fit great. If your recessed cans are 6" with PAR/R38 or 30 lamps then you could buy new trim rings that would reduce the overall look to that of a 4".

    • Answered by Kelly B from Los Angeles
    • Nov 13, 2012