Is there an adapter for automobiles? (Macbook Pro)

Apple MagSafe Airline Adapter

Apple MagSafe Airline Adapter

Product No Longer Available

2 Answers from the Community

  • Best Answer:

    Not from Apple. Hit your local autoparts store and for about $30 -$40 you can buy a power inverter that lets you use your laptop power supply.

  • You can purchase an inverter to bring the voltage from 12v to 120v. You need a 600w inverter to provide enough power to charge the battery. Then you can simply plug the regular power supply into the inverter. This size inverter would need to be wired to the auto battery as an accessory so it doesn't drain the battery without a key. The cigarette accessory plug in the vehicle is only rated for 150w.