I want to use a late 2007 iMac as an external monitor for my new 2012 iMac. Which cable(s) do I need?

  • Asked by Edward M from Hillsborough
  • Jan 11, 2013
Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter

Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter

Product No Longer Available

1 Answer from the Community

  • Buy only one of the following:

    -a FireWire cable

    -A mini display cable (a lot like the thunderbolt cable)

    -thunderbolt cable

    Make sure the older Mac supports ether of these cables. You will need to know about target disk mode in order for this process to work. I'm all positive the thunderbolt or the mini display cable will work though.

    • Answered by Mason H from Lexington
    • Jan 17, 2013